• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just coming back to LOTRO

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi ruaduck,

Lots of news about LOTRO, too much to list in a single post though. Best way to catch up and stay up on what is happening with LOTRO... is with the LOTROXbar from GameXbar.

LOTROXbar will provide you with the biggest collection of links, news, and RSS feeds about LOTRO... including the ones here on LOTRO Stratics. Check it out. :)

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anything happen since Sep 07? I haven't Played since then.
Oh yeah! As I am sure you knew, when the game was released, only a small fraction of the world was explorable. Many more areas have been opened up since last September along with many fixes and updates to the classes and races as well as a major change to crafting trophy organization and categorization.

There's just been too much to detail in a forum post, as we can continue to expect this as Turbine and Codemasters continues to amaze and please their many many players around the world with their continued promise to bring Free Content Updates, which they have done so wonderfully.

I haven't played much Monster Play, so my knowledge there is limited however, if you are a PvPer, they have done a lot of great fixes, improvements, and additions in that department as well.

They've continued to also continue with "Festivals" and "Events" for various Real World Holidays as well as Middle-Earth lore "Festival" and other neat Community-minded things.

In my opinion, Lord of the Rings Online has become the best MMORPG on the market. I have much trust and respect in Turbine and Codemasters, for they have proven themselves for years with other games - having a grand reputation in my eyes, that they will continue to deliver on their promises for LotRO.

And with all that in mind, I also feel LotRO has one of the very best, if not the best, mature and helpful Community of Communities through out all the Servers across the World.

In short.. yeah, I'd say a lot has changed and that I am sure you will be pleased with all that has changed, been added, been fixed, and all that has remained the same. :thumbup1:

Welcome back, indeed!