• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

just closed down anther account

O

olduofan

I hope they have some plans for us...

I have one left, not sure why I have not played in months and before that was almost a year.

G

What type of content would you be interested in?
I take it the bod changes and new dragons weren't enough to tide you over...

N

NaughtyKimmie

lol.. i just closed 3 and gave away a keep FTW!!!!!

G

Even *that* content aside, I am still recovering from a multi-shard tour trading valentine's gifts and visiting with everyone while watching every single scavenger hunt! I feel overworked with new content.

And, if I had wanted to keep up that crazy pace, there are/were two big multi-day player-run events happening on Atlantic for all shards.

G

Why? Might as well enjoy the events that are provided, no?

New gifts always attract alot of activity. The Stuffies and Chocolate were especially nice. Even some more bacon for those of us that appreciate that sort of thing.

You create what kind of experience you have. If you don't want to have fun, you won't.

G

Well, I for one don't care about stuffies and collecting items I have thrown away dozens of (cards) but with different names that the ones I tossed, nor am I interested in watching people do a like 10 minute event.

All the crazy pvp issues the new draggies are brining up aside that was at least a decent up date, but hardly enough to keep a person very occupied. Pet training isn't that enthralling to me anyway.

So I say yeah, I hope something new and lengthy is on the very near horizon.

I

imported_Az of DSR

I just opened another, so goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

I

imported_Spiritless

<blockquote><hr>

All the crazy pvp issues the new draggies are brining up aside that was at least a decent up date, but hardly enough to keep a person very occupied. Pet training isn't that enthralling to me anyway.

So I say yeah, I hope something new and lengthy is on the very near horizon.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. Frankly, "pet training" is for people who are really stuck looking for things to do.

Anyway, yeah. I'm honestly quite surprised at the people who are trying to defend the so-called "new content" additions to the game. Some silly hued animal frames that took zero effort on EA's part which actually do nothing and are of literally no use I do not classify as "content" and actually find it sad that some individuals do. Really makes me wonder who the hell plays this game sometimes and makes be reflect on what it has become.

Again, same with the recent "scavenger hunt" that was the same across all shards. Poorly executed and exploited to the max by people attending on many shards. Most people knew the items before the event even started and it was over before it even began for people there the first time. Kinda sad again.

Last but not least, the dragons. I mean seriously, new content? Don't let the wool be pulled over your eyes. They've taken a creature, boosted its HP and set it on a random spawner. It took them less than 5 minutes to implement and they've put no thought into it whatsoever. This is evident by the multitude of issues they've caused balance-wise which were so blindingly obvious before they'd even introduced them. These issues, of course, will go unfixed for months due to the precious "patch schedule" that they seem to follow as if it were their religion. What should be 5-minute simple fixes to issues, which shouldn't have even made it to production servers I hasten to add, take months to go through the red tape and end up landing on the servers. It's ridiculous.

There's a lot of underlying systems that need fixing right now, and PvP needs some attention too. Consistent events need to take place additionally to keep people interested, preferably executed by people who actually do play the game so they can foresee obvious issues from the outset and fix them before they've even reared their head. Bring back EMs and shard-exclusive events? Well, do something to keep people interested at least.

Unfortunately they're probably focusing on releasing yet another expansion right now which will bring a whole set of new issues that'll stack on top of the pile, as well as further disperse the ever-waning playerbase across the lands without touching on the underlying causes of why many people get frustrated and leave, or have left, this wonderful game. That, my friends, is the most sad thing of all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I've been thinking about opening a 3rd...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I just opened a new account myself. 10+ years and I still love this game.

G

Sorry to see another face leave but you have to do what makes you happy and what calls to you.

I have 3 uo accounts my husband has 1 and my mother has 2 and we all have no plans on going any where. I also have new members joining my guild all the time and they are either brand new players or old players returned I have seen a combination of both so I take people leaving without fear and will continue enjoying the game I love.

I hope all the people leaving find something that calls to them or that something pops up in UO to rekindle your love.

The game is what you make it............I totally believe in that.

S

Sabbath

You said it Amathist. You can wait to be entertained or you can go make your own fun. I just opened my 3rd account and will quit the day the last server goes offline.

G

I think it PRETTY OBVOIUS what the OP is referring too......

Some new ingame storyline/content.....jesus the latest event lasted 20 seconds and was hideous to say the least.....

Peeps are leaving ...more posts are seen everyday...yet the devs do nothing more than upgrade a dragon...WTF

M

Molly Foxglove

Agree with you. Still lots to do here after eight years, and im re-opening my third account today.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I liked the idea of the last event, i just don't like how it was done. They changed the items from shard to shard but i don't see the idea of a scavenger hunt where you wait 10 minutes before you start accepting winners. It's supposed to be first back wins and they pretty much waited for a large amount to finish and then dropped the chest somewhere in the park for people to drop the items into. It pretty much turned into an idoc and made alot of people angry. Besides that, it should have been more items and more random.

I think we need more invasion/storyline type events and such that go on for weeks and such. Those are always interesting and fun.

As far as the game goes, i just got back in Nov after being away for years so alot of stuff is still pretty new and exciting to me. While i do disagree with the way some things are now, i am still entertained (Distracted?) enough to continue playing and just hope things get better.....For now

I

imported_ElRay

<blockquote><hr>

Agree with you. Still lots to do here after eight years, and im re-opening my third account today.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats great you opened up your 3rd account......wow

meanwhile whole guilds are quitting in droves, yet your reactivated accounts will stem the flow of "mass exodus"

mclovin' it

S

Sabbath

<blockquote><hr>

thats great you opened up your 3rd account......wow

meanwhile whole guilds are quitting in droves, yet your reactivated accounts will stem the flow of "mass exodus"

mclovin' it

[/ QUOTE ]
What's your point? She isn't trying to "stem the flow of mass exodus". She, like me and many others are simply enjoying a game while it's here. If it shuts down tomorrow, it will have been a great run. The point is to find some enjoyment in the game or get out but don't take a shot at someone because they are enjoying the game.

G

Hooty for you!....... Pin a Rose...... go away.... I still have all 8 of mine and I intend to keep it that way. Quit your whinning and either make constructive suggestion or just live with what there is. Seems to me that the current team has been VERY interested in what WE the players have to say of late...... They are listening..... They are acting on many of our complains.... not always in ways we would like but they ARE listening...

K

Kylas

<blockquote><hr>

Hooty for you!....... Pin a Rose...... go away.... I still have all 8 of mine and I intend to keep it that way. Quit your whinning and either make constructive suggestion or just live with what there is. Seems to me that the current team has been VERY interested in what WE the players have to say of late...... They are listening..... They are acting on many of our complains.... not always in ways we would like but they ARE listening...

[/ QUOTE ]

A constructive suggestion? How about pull the plug and open source the code.

Dig

G

<blockquote><hr>

A constructive suggestion? How about pull the plug and open source the code.

Dig

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would they do that when it's a profitable product?

G

the source was open years ago.

why do you think there are tons of non-EA shards that people can play on?

P

pikon198

My game time finishes tomorrow. So im gonna take a break from uo. Usually a break is good. But sometimes it sucks returning to new content hehe :p

I

imported_KoolAidAddict

Well, since your closing them, if they are long standing accounts, would ya be interested in tossing one my way?
I would love another long standing account to match my 10 year one, for rewards and such.
So?
Would ya?

I

imported_KoolAidAddict

<blockquote><hr>

Throw some cash into it and I consider it

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah.
Keep em.
Momentos I suppose.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you tell me. Maybe you got a life, maybe you got bored(that does happen!)

EA owes you nothing. You choose to play, if you don't like it no more move on.....others have, others won't. Some go off to build levels.....wow....lol...

Either way, you get what you pay for. It's like HBO, they offer movies and most are pretty old. what do ya do??

Guess what though??....I kept mine open, both of them!!

later

B

Babble

*mumbles and downloads HBO series without ever paying*

Though one day hey may offer globally and keep the crap translators off