• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just came back, Time of Legends question

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Ok been hesitant to get anything from EA store but the curiosity is killing me. Also if I get the expansion am I gonna be mired in quest junk or can I just get into the meat right away? Is there a tutorial on stuff to do?

-inb4 curiosity killed the cat.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The pet training has no quest requirement. You tame and train.

For Eoden, you can go directly to ther from moongate, then you decide to play fight the rooms for the roof encounter and go to play some other stuff.

For exodus, you need to collect keys which has an expiry timer.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Kinda interested in the roof, i read sampire is not so good for it solo, but i run fairly geared with many weapons and for fun a chaos ele catch all with hit area. Would a discord mystic and sampire duo work good?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
another quick note... if you do snag the expansion and want to visit the lands look for a public "Moonstone Crystal". They let you recall to each settlement and a few other key areas instead of having to trudge through the mud, muck and dino poop.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kinda interested in the roof, i read sampire is not so good for it solo, but i run fairly geared with many weapons and for fun a chaos ele catch all with hit area. Would a discord mystic and sampire duo work good?
A tamer is the best template for Shadowguard. 2-4 of them can complete all rooms and the roof with relative ease once you know what to do. Sampires work great in 3 of the rooms, but suck at the roof itself as they can quickly get mired in massive groups of casting add mobs.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, the Moonstone portals are a drop from one of the more involved quest chains, but if you can get a group to go in with you to do the Zipactriotl chain a few times, you can get one eventually. One of the fun things about it is that it has elements that involve fishing & t-hunting, in addition to fighting. Between the critters killed from the 15 or so times through the quest's fishing side, the loot from the t-map side, etc. I now have 190 MIBs to open with my fisher. and my first quest MIB from the Zippy chain was an ASOS.

Most people stop doing zipactriotl once everyone in their group gets all the moonstone portals they need, but I'd do it all the time if I could find a group. The big issue with him is that he's deadly to high-mana characters, as his special ability causes area damage centered on him based on your mana.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've never done what they are talking about, but Dragon Turtle spawn is near the Moongate pretty close. It's my favorite champ spawn. Always someone there on Atlantic and the monsters are fun.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, the Moonstone portals are a drop from one of the more involved quest chains, but if you can get a group to go in with you to do the Zipactriotl chain a few times, you can get one eventually. One of the fun things about it is that it has elements that involve fishing & t-hunting, in addition to fighting. Between the critters killed from the 15 or so times through the quest's fishing side, the loot from the t-map side, etc. I now have 190 MIBs to open with my fisher. and my first quest MIB from the Zippy chain was an ASOS.

Most people stop doing zipactriotl once everyone in their group gets all the moonstone portals they need, but I'd do it all the time if I could find a group. The big issue with him is that he's deadly to high-mana characters, as his special ability causes area damage centered on him based on your mana.
Never been down there... wish I had but no... too big of a PITA if you ask me.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ole Zippy ain't too bad with the right strategy.. the Myrmidex Queen on the other hand? She can be a handfull if you do not keep the spawn down.
I found the queen to be really easy with the right setup... I use a mystic mage and a mystic bard... both in stone form. I run the healing bard songs and disco her with the bard and drop RC with the mystic... then use the myrmidex slayer spellbook to nether cyclone the larva as she casts them out. Generally I pick a single spot and stay there and keep the spawn clear, but I don't move around to get more spawn to agro. She takes a little time, but is pretty easy (and a little boring) like this.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Zippy, the Myrm Queen, the Great Ape, Dragon Turtle spawn, new tamables, Shadowguard / Roof encounter, Skill masteries... all made it worth while to do. There was an event similar to "Treasures of Tokuno" at Kotl City for a portion of the year as well.

Loot from the Roof has made it a game changer... the Cameos work well on Sampires/archers/throwers, Hawkwind's Robe and Jumu's hide for casters, amongst other worth while drops like the Minax Sandals and an overall impressive loot table.