• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just another lost son returned

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hello out there!
It's the same old song and dance, old player returned to explore the changes wrought. I was never a high end player before, and none of my old toons are that impressive, so I decided to roll a new guy. One that could stroll the lands of Sosaria with nothing but a tune and maybe a spell here and there.

So I'm loving my new bard!
Training while playing so I don't fall into the trap of a fully trained toon I don't know how to play :p
Which is fun, but sloooow.

So help me out, brother and sister bards! I've read the stickies, I have a pretty good idea what to train on and how, but it can be a slow and lonely slog, so I'm asking for your stories, your epic tales of bardassery, to entertain and inspire me through the failed attempts and the broken strings. Ply your trade, minstrels, and sing me songs of bardic glory!
Please?
And if you're on Pac and see a spiffily dressed fellow named Rollo singing a jaunty tune,
Maybe say Hi and maybe buy him a pint or two?

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks, I'm happy to be back! :)

I played on Pac for a couple of years right up until AOS, but I mostly did a lot of bank sitting, guild sparring, and boat training. I had a Mage and an archer and a macer, but none of them ever got much further than like Shame level 1. I came back to this game after years of dissatisfaction with other MMOs. I missed the choices and the immersion that UO provides.

So now I'm playing Rollo the penniless bard on the same shard. Having a good time tooting my flute at Tsukis in Tokuno and Ogre Lords in Despise, with dreams of going after larger game once I get some gold in the bank and my skills trained up a bit. But i gotta learn to dance first, you know?
In the meantime, I've got a rocking selection of death robes!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
deathrobes.
if only you could sell those and make some gold, *sigh*

welcome back.
and welcome to the addiction that is Barding!

Pignasty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Or if they at least kept the cool hood UP look, that might be something at least.
"As a consolation for your ignominious defeat, take this wicked cool-looking dead guy robe."

And thanks, Poo! Your posts are always both informative and entertaining. Or at least one or the other.
Mostly
:p

Addiction indeed! Can't get enough bardin'!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
in the words of the great Red Green.
if they cant find ya Handsome they should at least find ya Handy.