• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Just an idea

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just throwing an idea out of the dark here, dunno if could even join myself but it may be good for Discussion. Since we're all starting to come together as a community etc etc with the new rares council and what not. What if a multishard Rares Council guild was created, the same guildname and abbreviation on every shard where theres interest so people outside the rares community can identify us and ask us questions or something. Just a random idea i just thought of, understand if its crap :p

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Just throwing an idea out of the dark here, dunno if could even join myself but it may be good for Discussion. Since we're all starting to come together as a community etc etc with the new rares council and what not. What if a multishard Rares Council guild was created, the same guildname and abbreviation on every shard where theres interest so people outside the rares community can identify us and ask us questions or something. Just a random idea i just thought of, understand if its crap :p
I second the motion for a guild with rules for joining based on trust and community participation.

P

PoCove

I would as well .. How would it work across shards ...Have one shard as the host and all the others as splinter guilds ..

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see one possible problem with this idea.

Rare traders at any given time could have uninsured rares on them. Being in a guild gives the ability to get attacked in tram. I'm not saying it would happen, but unless the members of the guild were kept to a small group of well known and well trusted people, you could be putting yourself at risk.

Of course this is true for all guilds.

Just my thoughts on the matter

P

PoCove

We could have the High counsel we voted as the leaders .. But some one on each shard will have to have Guilding privelages ...

I belong to a guild that has a website and we have all our new members apply to join our guild .. This way we can weed out the bad eggs so to speak .. If we can do this we can keep in touch with all the members and do some trading and things on that ..

Just a suggestion

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well my main problem with it would be that i don't want my main to be in another guild than the one i'm in now. Aren't most people already *IN* a guild as it is?
And well, if you put a... not so often used char in the guild, whats the point in it?

It sounds like a nice idea, i'm just wondering what good it really offers.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd be in! My main chars are on Napa and Atlantic, but I have "rare-collector" chars on almost every other shard. I'd love to join such a guild with my rare-collector chars! It would be a great way for me to meet other rare collectors on the shards I don't play very often so I'm not always playing alone! We could all suggest names to the Rares Council for consideration! Sounds like fun to me.

P

PoCove

I do agree most of us have our main character in a great guild or the leader of one .. So as Nine Dark Moons stated he has collector char. on most shards As I have a few ... I am willing to have them join the guilds ..

G

Goliath

You could create a char with just the basic mage skills and make them basically a rares guild member.