• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just an idea..............

K

Keep It Real

People at money houses get a "kickback" for some items used by a player that visits the moneyhouse. Why not do the same for ALL other catagories, if you use a book from a bookcase at a skillhouse, the owner of the bookcase gets a simolean. Use a craft bench, use a piano etc etc...the owner gets a simolean and so on and so on. This would be a great way to offset the cost of food for the owners. Just an idea.

G

It's a good idea. With items like the bookcase, however, the bonus would have to be based on either time or skill gained. You can sit at a book case for one minute or for one hour so the bonus would have to reflect that...

G

I'm looking at the impact side of this, which isn't good. By doing this, you go back to those that cram their places with 15 afk sims. Only this time, those 15 aren't going to be hiding. It would definitely be exploited. Maybe a solution to exploit could be you could only earn so much in a day? Maybe each sim can only contribute a certain amount every 24 real life hours?

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

I'm looking at the impact side of this, which isn't good. By doing this, you go back to those that cram their places with 15 afk sims. Only this time, those 15 aren't going to be hiding. It would definitely be exploited. Maybe a solution to exploit could be you could only earn so much in a day? Maybe each sim can only contribute a certain amount every 24 real life hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how you can be hiding and using an object at the same time.

Hiding = no payment because object is not being used.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'm looking at the impact side of this, which isn't good. By doing this, you go back to those that cram their places with 15 afk sims. Only this time, those 15 <u>aren't</u> going to be hiding. It would definitely be exploited. Maybe a solution to exploit could be you could only earn so much in a day? Maybe each sim can only contribute a certain amount every 24 real life hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'm looking at the impact side of this, which isn't good. By doing this, you go back to those that cram their places with 15 afk sims. Only this time, those 15 <u>aren't</u> going to be hiding. It would definitely be exploited. Maybe a solution to exploit could be you could only earn so much in a day? Maybe each sim can only contribute a certain amount every 24 real life hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I missed that. Now explain the big deal that a simolean is going to make if that person has to try and run 15 sims and green them and skill them all day.Food costs alone will be higher than the simolean they would make from doing that. I suppose that could be said of money houses right now as well. Hmmm.......

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Ok I missed that. Now explain the big deal that a simolean is going to make if that person has to try and run 15 sims and green them and skill them all day.Food costs alone will be higher than the simolean they would make from doing that. I suppose that could be said of money houses right now as well. Hmmm.......

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the status quo for money objects, and has been in game for a long, long time. Any negative impact from this has surely been visible by now. I don't see why extending this to skill objects would increase the potential for exploit or have a negative impact?

I think reasonable incentives like this one are important.

G

I think what hes saying here, correct me if I'm wrong, is that if I get paid $1 to use a bookcase I can study stop study stop repeatedly for the sole purpose of making money. This would definitley be an exploit.

K

Keep It Real

Seems to work fine with money objects and I would also think it would be easy to incorporate as the code is already there. Must be timed or must be based on completion. Either way I'm sure it wouldn't take much to make it work. And like the title says, Just an idea..........

G

Oh I'm not knocking your idea, but there would have to be safeguards. A money object only pays the owner after its sold after all.

I'm sorry if I sound negative here, but I dont think the devs will approve of making money on skill lots. Like I said before, that defeats the purpose of removing money object from other lots.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think what hes saying here, correct me if I'm wrong, is that if I get paid $1 to use a bookcase I can study stop study stop repeatedly for the sole purpose of making money. This would definitley be an exploit.

[/ QUOTE ]

But exploited how? use you alt sim to repeatedly skill/stop skilling to give the owner of the object $1 each time? NOT able to be explouted because it gives the $1 from the sims money who uses the object. A sm wuld 1. already have to have the $1 to pay to use the object and how can this be explouited? If sim #2 per say repeatedly uses the object to get cash to sim #1 thats basically trading cash from sim #2 to sim #1 its cash the sim already had. Maybe i'm not getting something here?

K

Keep It Real

Certainly needs looked into since the bonus is gone for those people.

G

If you run it like it is now, there is no money being traded. On a money lot, there is no money being going from the sim on the money object.

Thank you Niki. I couldn't find the right words to use.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Seems to work fine with money objects and I would also think it would be easy to incorporate as the code is already there. Must be timed or must be based on completion. Either way I'm sure it wouldn't take much to make it work. And like the title says, Just an idea..........

[/ QUOTE ]

That works because the kickback is only given for sold items, so there's no way a person can walk away, start an object, get a simolean, walk away for 2 seconds and go back on it to get another one. One simolean by itself isn't much, but there are people that want something for nothing enough to sit there and start and stop start and stop start and stop just to keep racking up simoleans and yes, that'd be an exploit. Here's some math:

Say someone with a high speed connection could start and stop every 2 seconds, so they get 1 simolean every 2 seconds. For most players, they're not gonna sit there and do that for long, because boredom would set in.....but for others who basically have nothing better to do and are loners anyway so they don't get bored by themselves it *could* work out like this

60 seconds = 1 minute, divided by 2, equals 30 simoleans per minute.

60 minutes to 1 hour then equals $1800 simoleans per hour still small potatoes by production city standards, but not the new economy.

Then take into account that some players play up to 8-12 hours a day, even without 3rd party programs, and you're looking at the possibility of anywhere from 9600 to 21,600 per day. That STILL would be small potatoes by production city standards, even pre-huge exploit, but by new economy standards that'd be huge, especially considering nothing said they MUST use that money to host but could conceivably just buy a bookcase, plunk it on their lot and do that themselves just for profit....kinda reminds me of the pinata and tip jar bugs. Simple safeguards could prevent this, but EA would have to implement those safeguards, and they often don't do that until something has already been exploited, as a fixing measure rather than preventative (an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure has meant nothing in the past, more like an ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure
).

Something else that comes to mind would be if the kickback was based on RL clock hours, or converting RL clock hours to sim time, or perhaps you only got the kickback a certain number of times per day per unique visitor (in otherwords one time, or 3 times or whatever no matter how long Sally Sim visited your lot in a maintenance to maintenance period). That would probably be alot more code-intensive though, if it's even possible, which I'm not sure it is.

Ultimately though, I still believe it comes down to the basic belief that players need to come to grips with, that skill houses are not meant to be like universities where sims pay a tuition which makes you turn a profit, and they are meant to provide a service, much like any not-for-profit organization. I really think any sim wishing to make their money doing something other than owning a store or spending time at or running a money house needs to get into rare selling, or something like that, and not rely on their skill house to MAKE them money, and at this stage of the game not even count on breaking even with it. If we were back in beta where we could still form habits of being charged for things and such, then maybe it could work....but some of the people who sit back and pancake about always being broke now are the very same people who started giving away free food in order to gain the most visitors and therefore climb the almighty top 100 lists. The collective 'we' made our beds, now we just need to figure out how to live with the ramifications of the choices that the collective 'we' made. Hindsight is always 20/20. People always say "If I just knew then what I know now".....but I remember people post-release predicting this very thing would happen, and stating so, only to be told, I don't care if I'm broke, I just want to climb the list, money is easy to make in the game......OK, so that was the attitude, now we have what we have.

D

dinaj

I suggested this in another thread like 2 weeks ago but maybe not articulated in a way this is just soooo right as opposed to aint right ...

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That works because the kickback is only given for sold items, so there's no way a person can walk away, start an object, get a simolean, walk away for 2 seconds and go back on it to get another one. One simolean by itself isn't much, but there are people that want something for nothing enough to sit there and start and stop start and stop start and stop just to keep racking up simoleans and yes, that'd be an exploit. Here's some math:

Say someone with a high speed connection could start and stop every 2 seconds, so they get 1 simolean every 2 seconds. For most players, they're not gonna sit there and do that for long, because boredom would set in.....but for others who basically have nothing better to do and are loners anyway so they don't get bored by themselves it *could* work out like this

60 seconds = 1 minute, divided by 2, equals 30 simoleans per minute.

60 minutes to 1 hour then equals $1800 simoleans per hour still small potatoes by production city standards, but not the new economy.

Then take into account that some players play up to 8-12 hours a day, even without 3rd party programs, and you're looking at the possibility of anywhere from 9600 to 21,600 per day. That STILL would be small potatoes by production city standards, even pre-huge exploit, but by new economy standards that'd be huge, especially considering nothing said they MUST use that money to host but could conceivably just buy a bookcase, plunk it on their lot and do that themselves just for profit....kinda reminds me of the pinata and tip jar bugs. Simple safeguards could prevent this, but EA would have to implement those safeguards, and they often don't do that until something has already been exploited, as a fixing measure rather than preventative (an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure has meant nothing in the past, more like an ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure
).

Something else that comes to mind would be if the kickback was based on RL clock hours, or converting RL clock hours to sim time, or perhaps you only got the kickback a certain number of times per day per unique visitor (in otherwords one time, or 3 times or whatever no matter how long Sally Sim visited your lot in a maintenance to maintenance period). That would probably be alot more code-intensive though, if it's even possible, which I'm not sure it is.

Ultimately though, I still believe it comes down to the basic belief that players need to come to grips with, that skill houses are not meant to be like universities where sims pay a tuition which makes you turn a profit, and they are meant to provide a service, much like any not-for-profit organization. I really think any sim wishing to make their money doing something other than owning a store or spending time at or running a money house needs to get into rare selling, or something like that, and not rely on their skill house to MAKE them money, and at this stage of the game not even count on breaking even with it. If we were back in beta where we could still form habits of being charged for things and such, then maybe it could work....but some of the people who sit back and pancake about always being broke now are the very same people who started giving away free food in order to gain the most visitors and therefore climb the almighty top 100 lists. The collective 'we' made our beds, now we just need to figure out how to live with the ramifications of the choices that the collective 'we' made. Hindsight is always 20/20. People always say "If I just knew then what I know now".....but I remember people post-release predicting this very thing would happen, and stating so, only to be told, I don't care if I'm broke, I just want to climb the list, money is easy to make in the game......OK, so that was the attitude, now we have what we have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sooooo did not read all that. I said it was JUST AN IDEA and I think it is a very do-able idea. Thats all folks.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

I suggested this in another thread like 2 weeks ago but maybe not articulated in a way this is just soooo right as opposed to aint right ...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

G

I dont see any mention of one sim paying the other in this idea, but thats an option that could be considered. Lets discuss that, would this just make fruit farms more attractive or would we rather pay to skill at skill houses?

edited to add: NP Dex anytime.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I sooooo did not read all that. I said it was JUST AN IDEA and I think it is a very do-able idea. Thats all folks

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Niki said, at first glance it is a great idea, provided the loopholes and possible exploits are plugged up in advance this time rather than post implentation after the new economy we've worked so hard for gets screwed up, and then we have World War III or IV (whatever we're up to in the sim world by then
) because there is a mass exodus of pissed off people because they do a simolean wipe like they should have done after the last big exploit we had. If it's implemented correctly, your idea has potential to do skill house owners alot of good, as long as it can be sure that they are using the money for what is intended, which is feeding guests, rather than lining their own pockets. Nobody's knocking your idea, just adding to it and bringing up possible loopholes and ideas on how to fix them. 'Tis part of the brainstorming process, and the reason we all post our ideas here either instead of, or prior to forming an organized Wiki page, that's all

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

I dont see any mention of one sim paying the other in this idea, but thats an option that could be considered. Lets discuss that, would this just make fruit farms more attractive or would we rather pay to skill at skill houses?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets leave trees and ripes outta this thread. We have enough of those already started thanks.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

What if the "kickback" was per skill point, or portion thereof, earned on the lot?

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

What if the "kickback" was per skill point, or portion thereof, earned on the lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm.....that might work, especially if there was a way to incorporate the aspect of RL time since that would affect the amount of food a person ate, which is the issue.

Like say make the kickback for 0.01-10.00 be half of what it is for 10.01-20.00 since the higher in skill you get the longer it takes to get it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets leave trees and ripes outta this thread. We have enough of those already started thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well its a valid question tho, given the choice of how to pay to skill, because this would require us to pay for skills either way, which would be more attractive. Its not about trees per se, its about which would be a more attractive way to pay. *shrugs*

G

OK
it seemed like a possibe workaround when whoever suggested it, but since its your idea you win.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

OK
it seemed like a possibe workaround when whoever suggested it, but since its your idea you win.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! FTW!!!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Sorry, but I think this idea is too open for expoitation too.

I'd rather reward skill houses with a cover charge to get in the place. Or for that matter any house. Let's say only the first 18 people get in free. After that anyone that tries to enter must pay a cover charge to get in. This would help keep the numbers down or at least help owners pay for feeding all those extra sims. How much would you pay to join a group of 18+ other people instead of going to a less populated place?

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I'd rather reward skill houses with a cover charge to get in the place. Or for that matter any house. Let's say only the first 18 people get in free. After that anyone that tries to enter must pay a cover charge to get in. This would help keep the numbers down or at least help owners pay for feeding all those extra sims. How much would you pay to join a group of 18+ other people instead of going to a less populated place?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the concern to prevent exploits. However, we have the corollary of money objects that provide "kickbacks." How would extending the same concept to skill objects, or skill points, be any more exploitable? Or, are money objects exploited, too?

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the concern to prevent exploits. However, we have the corollary of money objects that provide "kickbacks." How would extending the same concept to skill objects, or skill points, be any more exploitable? Or, are money objects exploited, too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, I never said this was a "plug and play" type thing. Sure it would take some work but it would be nice to see this added to the game.

G

All we are trying to is offer up ideas about how to fix what can be exploited about this idea. The fact is, it is a good idea, although I don't like it. It just needs tweaked a little so some people don't exploit as much money as possible out of it.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

All we are trying to is offer up ideas about how to fix what can be exploited about this idea. The fact is, it is a good idea, although I don't like it. It just needs tweaked a little so some people don't exploit as much money as possible out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

Oh I'm not knocking your idea, but there would have to be safeguards. A money object only pays the owner after its sold after all.

I'm sorry if I sound negative here, but I dont think the devs will approve of making money on skill lots. Like I said before, that defeats the purpose of removing money object from other lots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id think then if the devs dont see this idea as an option they might think about removing the profit money houses get from people using their objects. I mean if we are going to be constantly policing any form of income in game then it needs to be fair for all. Im surprised this wasnt removed from the game already anyway.

If money lots make money off an object for usage by visitors then all lots should also, such as bookcases, chess tables, weight benches, crafting tables etc. Its not like its tons of money that is gotten from the usage factor its fairly minor but I can see where it would need to be looked into.

G

I think this is a great idea. I know a lot of people are upset that running a skill house cost so much money with nothing but the hope of tips in return.
I believe the kickbacks should be based on skills gained. A simple .01 to 1 simolean would be be fine.

I know ppl skill slower at higher levels , Im jsut thinking that the more complicated of a thing we ask them to do ...
the less likely they are to do it.
Anyway its not enough to get rich but a little help to all those fine hosts and hostesses.

I think the money should come from the game and not the player just like money earned from money objects.

Im confused about the possibility of exploits.

As far as I understand only ealand will be able to sell back money, not tc3.
And when ealand opens only paying customers will be allowed in and free accounts will be in TC3.
So if you want to sit 15 ppl in your house to skill you will need to be paying for 15 accounts.
And you will need to feed and maintain them as well. That is more than a full time job, lol.
If I am wrong about the sell back/tc3/paying customer thing then I apologize.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the kickbacks from money objects are only given when an item is completed, therefore the start/stop/start/stop potential exploit we're talking about here wouldn't be possible, because no kickback would be received by the object owner until the object was completed, no matter how many times the person making the object quit and went back to it. For KIR's original idea, it would happen as soon as someone gets a book off a shelf, thereby creating the potential for the exploit those of us are concerned about it are talking about. The base idea is a good one, but just needed a bit of expansion.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Id think then if the devs dont see this idea as an option they might think about removing the profit money houses get from people using their objects. I mean if we are going to be constantly policing any form of income in game then it needs to be fair for all. Im surprised this wasnt removed from the game already anyway.

If money lots make money off an object for usage by visitors then all lots should also, such as bookcases, chess tables, weight benches, crafting tables etc. Its not like its tons of money that is gotten from the usage factor its fairly minor but I can see where it would need to be looked into.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. Money houses are, by very nature, *for* earning a PROFIT, therefore it is totally understandable that kickbacks would apply there and not anywhere else, or that if they did apply to other objects, there would need to be safeguards to prevent exploitation and/or making HUGE amounts of money based on the fact that there is no 'completion' point to mark when a kickback would be received, unless it occured at a definite point in the skilling process, such as every time someone received a whole point on a book case (1.00, 2.00, etc.). The issue here is that we don't know what is able to be coded and what isn't, since none of us have anything above rudimentary knowledge of the coding system, if that......so only the devs can give us those answers. The only thing we all should be able to understand is that there's big potential for exploit on the other objects that doesn't exist with money objects, now we just have to figure out how to safeguard against it like I said before PRE-release rather than post, to prevent another flood into the economy, and another wipe of hard-earned simoleans, only this time with simoleans that are CONSIDERABLY harder to replace than the ones that will be wiped when the production cities go.

I don't understand why people aren't up for plugging any and all potential exploit possibilities that we all can point out right away before it happens, rather than taking a 'well let's wait and see if it happens and then go from there' stance. EA didn't do a wipe when the other big exploit happened because it wasn't financially sound for them to do it, but I don't think for a minute they would not wipe potentially ill-gotten simoleans from the game when we all have the ability to sell those simoleans back to them and cost them big amounts of RL cash in the process.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I think theres a bit of a problem with this idea and that is how would the devs prevent players from piling up a bunch of alternates in order to run up their money received from using the objects?

Think that's why they got rid of the guest bonus?

Unlike money houses, once you grab a skill object, there isn't much left to do except green up. At least at money houses, you have to monitor your sims and click 'Sell' and 'make', so you can't just afk and walk away there.

I

imported_Shirl1211

That would be a bit extreme. My sim needs to green more then once an hour so therefore the math would be incorrect. Not to mention the lag that will accumulate even more of those seconds. I can paint a hag in less then 5 minutes for over 200$. Exploiting by means of your example would be a total waste of time.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

I think theres a bit of a problem with this idea and that is how would the devs prevent players from piling up a bunch of alternates in order to run up their money received from using the objects?

Think that's why they got rid of the guest bonus?

Unlike money houses, once you grab a skill object, there isn't much left to do except green up. At least at money houses, you have to monitor your sims and click 'Sell' and 'make', so you can't just afk and walk away there.

[/ QUOTE ]

If case you missed this: Exactly, I never said this was a "plug and play" type thing. Sure it would take some work but it would be nice to see this added to the game.

G

Here is an exploitation scenario:

A sim gets kickback every time a book is "used." So take 1 home owner on a property with 34 guests. Say those 34 guests used a book then put it back every 2 seconds. I'm not even going to attempt the math. But that is an exploit.

I think that maybe a kickback every time a full skill point is earned would be good. That would limit the amount that could be kicked back. Even with 34 guest skilling, that would only equal 68 simoleans an hour(34 skilling a the exact same time, 1 skill point per 20 minutes, 1 simolean kicked back per full skill point, 20 minutes of that hour used to green up). That isn't even enough to pay for those 34 guests to eat, but it would help. Even at 2 simoleans per skill point, it would be 136 simoleans. Even that wouldn't pay for all sims in the house to eat.

Correct me if I am wrong, I'm basing the info above on a group meal costing 24 simoleans and 5 sims eat per group meal. So you would need 168 simoleans to feed them all including yourself, the homeowner. As long as it is based per full skill point earned, I don't think there would be a problem.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

Here is an exploitation scenario:

A sim gets kickback every time a book is "used." So take 1 home owner on a property with 34 guests. Say those 34 guests used a book then put it back every 2 seconds. I'm not even going to attempt the math. But that is an exploit.

I think that maybe a kickback every time a full skill point is earned would be good. That would limit the amount that could be kicked back. Even with 34 guest skilling, that would only equal 68 simoleans an hour(34 skilling a the exact same time, 1 skill point per 20 minutes, 1 simolean kicked back per full skill point, 20 minutes of that hour used to green up). That isn't even enough to pay for those 34 guests to eat, but it would help. Even at 2 simoleans per skill point, it would be 136 simoleans. Even that wouldn't pay for all sims in the house to eat.

Correct me if I am wrong, I'm basing the info above on a group meal costing 24 simoleans and 5 sims eat per group meal. So you would need 168 simoleans to feed them all including yourself, the homeowner. As long as it is based per full skill point earned, I don't think there would be a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea! Think they will go for something like this?

G

They might go for it. All I know is, if it is to be considered, it would need to go on the wiki. I can't be bothered to do that.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

They might go for it. All I know is, if it is to be considered, it would need to go on the wiki. I can't be bothered to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I can't be bothered to do that either. Maybe someone who uses the wiki alot will do it, if not, no big deal.

G

I have a question about your idea, which I think is a good one, btw. My main sim has 5 skills maxed, but still skills those maxed skills, to help out friends with their speed. How would the owner of the skill object get a kickback for a maxed sim helping with speed, that won't gain another point?

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

I have a question about your idea, which I think is a good one, btw. My main sim has 5 skills maxed, but still skills those maxed skills, to help out friends with their speed. How would the owner of the skill object get a kickback for a maxed sim helping with speed, that won't gain another point?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask Ronin, I just had the idea, he worked out the details. Sounds like it would work with a few adjustments, maybe work it by time rather than skill point, I dunno, just thought I would throw the idea out there is all.

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. Money houses are, by very nature, *for* earning a PROFIT, therefore it is totally understandable that kickbacks would apply there and not anywhere else, or that if they did apply to other objects, there would need to be safeguards to prevent exploitation and/or making HUGE amounts of money based on the fact that there is no 'completion' point to mark when a kickback would be received, unless it occured at a definite point in the skilling process, such as every time someone received a whole point on a book case (1.00, 2.00, etc.). The issue here is that we don't know what is able to be coded and what isn't, since none of us have anything above rudimentary knowledge of the coding system, if that......so only the devs can give us those answers. The only thing we all should be able to understand is that there's big potential for exploit on the other objects that doesn't exist with money objects, now we just have to figure out how to safeguard against it like I said before PRE-release rather than post, to prevent another flood into the economy, and another wipe of hard-earned simoleans, only this time with simoleans that are CONSIDERABLY harder to replace than the ones that will be wiped when the production cities go.

I don't understand why people aren't up for plugging any and all potential exploit possibilities that we all can point out right away before it happens, rather than taking a 'well let's wait and see if it happens and then go from there' stance. EA didn't do a wipe when the other big exploit happened because it wasn't financially sound for them to do it, but I don't think for a minute they would not wipe potentially ill-gotten simoleans from the game when we all have the ability to sell those simoleans back to them and cost them big amounts of RL cash in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carrie so what you're saying is its ok for the owners of money houses to get a kick back for people using their objects but its not ok for other lot owners to get the same consideration? That to you is fair and a level playing field? What planet are you from? Isnt the point to wiping all the money from everyone so its a level and fair field? Well plus EA wants you to buy money from that but we all know that now. Letting money lots get extra cash for object usage but not allowing other lots to have the same advantage isnt a fair and level playing field.

I agree that if other lots were to get kick backs there would need to be safe gaurds in place as so its not abused. But I do feel if money houses are allowed to still get kick backs then so should other houses, otherwise stop letting money house owners from having an unfair advantage. It costs skill houses and service lots money to feed their guests just as much as it does money lots. Fair is fair!

I never said I wasnt for fixing things so people cant cheat or "exploit". But I do believe if we are going to make this a game where it "HAS to be fair for everyone to play and earn money" than do so! You can not have it both ways, whats fair for one should be fair for all.

You cant tell me that they can't fix this to where its a fair system because that all we hear that they are attempting to do in the first place.

These things need to be addressed and fixed asap. I believe thats what most are saying here, which makes perfect sense to me.

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask Ronin, I just had the idea, he worked out the details. Sounds like it would work with a few adjustments, maybe work it by time rather than skill point, I dunno, just thought I would throw the idea out there is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also agree with Ronin's thoughts on this. With a few adjustments it could work.