• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just a question

G

<blockquote><hr>

How long does it take until the "Please wait" goes to "install" because it has not changed yet...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no expert but imo, you're best off using the link that Polly provided. Are you using IE or Firefox? If you are using IE something should pop up at the top prompting you to download an ActiveX thing, which, after accepting it, should change PLEASE WAIT to INSTALL. I've had friends who tried with Firefox and couldn't get it to work. I don't know if there is a solution to this, other than using IE for the download.

F

Firecore

Ugh, So I suppose I need ActiveX. I went to the site on IE and it said that I needed that but it wouldn't let me download it. So now I gotta find out where to download that..

G

Did you get the popup thing at the top of the screen and it wouldn't let you download it, or did you not get the popup thing at all?

G

They both lead to the same place. Basically, TC3 - Test is just a test run to see if your graphics card will be able to handle new and improved graphics. If you want to test that, run the Test version (you only need to do this once). If you just want to get into the game with as much ease as possible, run the regular TC3.

F

Firecore

Ah, well I have a brand new computer. (week old) I am not worried about the graphics card haha.
Appreciate the help everyone has been giving me.

F

Firecore

Ok, one problem. How can I get the window to be FULL SCREEN and not just a little part of my screen?

I

imported_Spaghetti Legs

<blockquote><hr>

Use the other icon to start the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or go to Programs/Maxis/The Sims Online/The Sims Online(800 X 600).

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Use the other icon to start the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or go to Programs/Maxis/The Sims Online/The Sims Online(800 X 600).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, since (I think) you're using the EA-Land download it would be located at Programs/Electronic Arts/EALand/EALand.