• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Just a question

F

Firecore

Hey everyone!

I know I am new to the forums, however I have played TSO on beta phase and until they added jobs. I quit soon after jobs were released. HOWEVER, I have been reading in some places that they are adding things from the sims 1 game and it's expansions?

I also was curious because I wanna come back and play more because after reading all of that makes me want to come back and play the game. Is there a lot of people that still play though?

Appreciate it

G

The people that you see post here are only a portion of the people that play. Many people do play. Some are just awaiting the merge so they just aren't around that often. But TC3 is probably the busiest city at the moment. Hope to see you in game!!

F

Firecore

I figured that. But is the community big enough to come back and play? When does the merge come anyway? Or has that not been announced?

G

The merge is...waiting for them to announce it. In TC3 there are plenty of people to keep the community strong. As for who will come back after the merge, only time will tell. But I will be there!!

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

I figured that. But is the community big enough to come back and play? When does the merge come anyway? Or has that not been announced?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the averge number of players in TC3 is around 200 at a time from what Lee has stated several times when asked.

G

You might like to see this latest information from the Dev Team which details some of the current changes and the fact that many players are returning to the game.

There is still a free trial in place so you can come back and see how you like things without needing to make any longer term decisions.

Its definitely an exciting time to rejoin the game.

Polly

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

You might like to see this latest information from the Dev Team which details some of the current changes and the fact that many players are returning to the game.

There is still a free trial in place so you can come back and see how you like things without needing to make any longer term decisions.

Its definitely an exciting time to rejoin the game.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes come back, it's a great time to be a player in TSO as there are soooo many changes going on.

F

Firecore

Seems interesting. I always loved the sims online back in the day. But they never really updated anything after they added the jobs. So are they adding everything from the expansions? I would think they would be working on The Sims 2 Online but whatever.. Haha. :p

K

Keep It Real

You could use a free trial to check things out, and if you like what you see then reactivate your old account. Also in TC3 there is a Community Pub where our assistant community rep answers questions and also some of the Developement team comes to answer questions as well. Be sure to check that out.

F

Firecore

I was just thinking of reactivating my old account and start playing again. So what I am understanding that they are merging all the cities to "EA land" I assume that will make the whole community bigger? But I don't understand... Why are they all a sudden updating everything now..? When a few years ago they added stuff and let that go and didn't add anything else. Why the change?

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

I was just thinking of reactivating my old account and start playing again. So what I am understanding that they are merging all the cities to "EA land" I assume that will make the whole community bigger? But I don't understand... Why are they all a sudden updating everything now..? When a few years ago they added stuff and let that go and didn't add anything else. Why the change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Luc saw the potential this game has and I guess wanted to finish what they were never allowed to finish before ( something to that effect). He worked on it when it first started as did many if the Dev team members that we have now. You can read all about it on the tso-e.com blog and the wiki that was started for player input. The links to both are one of the threads above this one. Too much to write in a single post so feel free to explore the blog and the wiki as those are the places with all the information.

F

Firecore

Yeah, I read the link that you gave me. I am just wondering why now they want to change this game. But anyway, I read somewhere else on this site that they adding items from expansions and such over time?
If I created a character on the Test Center would that character be deleted after they did the merge? Also, why are they deleting the money? I read some where that you could buy money from EA or something? Are they in that need of money or is there a reason behind that?

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, I read the link that you gave me. I am just wondering why now they want to change this game. But anyway, I read somewhere else on this site that they adding items from expansions and such over time?
If I created a character on the Test Center would that character be deleted after they did the merge? Also, why are they deleting the money? I read some where that you could buy money from EA or something? Are they in that need of money or is there a reason behind that?

[/ QUOTE ]

TC3 will remain seperate form EA Land as that is where all new items are tested before being put into EA Land.

The money wipe is happening for several reasons, mainly because of all the work that was done to make a working economy for the game. Last year around this time there was an exploite that basicly ruined the game as cheaters used this glitch to create billions of unearned simoleans overnight and at will. Those simoleans would only ruin all the hard work that the team put into making a playable economy if they were allowed to be kept.

I suggest reading up as you could ask questions all day long here when it would be easier to read it firsthand from the sites mentioned. But thats the basic info about the money wipe.

I

imported_LFancey

---I think the averge number of players in TC3 is around 200 at a time from what Lee has stated several times when asked

We are up around the mid 300's now.

w00t

Lee

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

---I think the averge number of players in TC3 is around 200 at a time from what Lee has stated several times when asked

We are up around the mid 300's now.

w00t

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Lee! And 300 plus, thats great!

F

Firecore

Is this site ran by EA? Or is another developer taking over?
I think this is an awesome out come for TSO none the less. Hopefully they will stick with that they said before long ago and add more jobs and items over time. You do that you will defiantly get more people playing..

G

This site is run by stratics, the blog post quoted earlier is run by the EA's development team currently working on improving the game and making many changes.

Polly

F

Firecore

Sounds good. When would be a good time to even come back then?

K

Keep It Real

Now if you want to be a part of all the changes. TC3 is where everything is happening.

I

imported_LFancey

Just checked the TC3 is at 410... Highest I have seen it..

WOW

Lee

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

Just checked the TC3 is at 410... Highest I have seen it..

WOW

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I wonder how many are trial accounts, not that it matters, but interesting none the less.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

Nah they're all hoping for a gnome

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG Polly I can't believe you said that, but you may be right.

G

Welcome Back Firecore!

I know you haven't stated that you've decided yet... but I have a feeling you'll check it out.

Have fun!

F

Firecore

Yeah, I am checking things out before I even re activated my account. Are they re doing the graphics? Or are the graphics staying the same?

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

They're updating the graphics. Supposedly, they'll be like Sims 2 graphics eventually.

F

Firecore

So, is that why they are doing all of this? Trying to get more money out of this game and updating the graphics to Sims 2 status? Hopefully they will actually stick with it and not leave it, update it, and run away because thats basically what they did until now..

G

Supposedly there is going to be more to EALand. A basic way would be the game TSO is going to be contained in EALand. EAland will have non-tso lots that will be different games. In a nut shell, EALand will be a place for many gamers, TSO and non-TSO players alike. Thats my understanding.

F

Firecore

That doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. EA land for different gamers? How different could you get when all your doing is controlling your SIM? It's kinda confusing on my part. However I hope this outcome makes this game a lot more fun like it use to be. More jobs, more people, more things to do etc. I think the only problem this game has is that not a whole lot of people even herd of "The Sims Online" They should fix that some how.

G

To see where they are taking the game...... Blog entry where Sony's Home is first mentioned....be sure to see the trailer

There is 10 months of updates, game designs, debates and changes on the Blog, and the Wiki. A whole bunch of steps, decisions and changes have taken place since March. Circumstances for TSO were dire, and we are still on the knife edge, until this new game has proved itself.

I don't think any one can adequately summarize it for you, in a few sentences....you really need to read the blog, Wiki and the "Important Info.." sticky at the top of this forum, to catch up.

It is a very exciting...and sometimes trying...time around here, with a patch every Wednesday in TC3, which includes something new (variously, new chairs from offline, more custom content, bug fixes, game tweaks) for us.

F

Firecore

I have another question. Are the graphics updated some what now? I saw some post some where that the EA logo has changed or something but when I got in the game it was the same as it was before.
Is there anything I have to change? I can't find the post again..

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Wow Gilly!

I missed that video somehow. Thanks for sharing it.

Looks exciting and now I can't wait for it to get to that stage if that's where it's going!

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh your question about coming back...

Well, there are free trials available still. Getting the activation code is lightening fast. The down load is speedy. (If you have Vista, you need to follow Fancy's instructions in the stickied thread exactly!)

Grab a trial and come on out to TC3 and give it a go!!

There is a healthy population in TC3. The production cities are rather barron since everyone there is kinda in 'waiting for merge' mode. But that is coming soon too.

Why don't you get that trial tonight!! Think there may be a Birthday Bash tonight!! See you in TC3 if you decide to check it out!!!

I

imported_sedusa

<blockquote><hr>

I have another question. Are the graphics updated some what now? I saw some post some where that the EA logo has changed or something but when I got in the game it was the same as it was before.
Is there anything I have to change? I can't find the post again..

[/ QUOTE ]
They will be soon it's one of the things that is in the works.

F

Firecore

That was not my question. Lol.
I already activated my account last night. I was just curious because I thought I saw somewhere that the graphics changed, and that there was a new logo?
But I didn't see that. Or is this something that would be shown in the future?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

That was not my question. Lol.
I already activated my account last night. I was just curious because I thought I saw somewhere that the graphics changed, and that there was a new logo?
But I didn't see that. Or is this something that would be shown in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you use the TC3 - Test box, you can see the new graphics. If you see that odd wavy rainbow on the spash screen, you will know that your vid card is compatable with the new graphics in the works. I'm not sure if Trials would be able to log into TC3 - test though.

I don't think that it's ready for play yet though.

The graphics in TC3 are different then the production cities. I myself can tell a BIG difference in the TC3 graphics and production cities right now. Mostly in the build mode. The wallpapers have much more clearer/realistic looks to them then in the production cities. Also the columns and flooring.

F

Firecore

Well, I just installed my Charter Edition TSO.
Does that make a difference?? Specially, I have not gone in TC3 yet I was just curious.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Well, I just installed my Charter Edition TSO.
Does that make a difference?? Specially, I have not gone in TC3 yet I was just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Charter Edition won't have the current updates.

I'm not sure if it's more feasible to get a fresh download from ea or to update the old software. Maybe someone can shed light on that?

You will need the update though in order to get into TC3 or see the TC3- Test logo.

F

Firecore

Do you have the link to download the current version?
Because I can get in the game perfectly fine. It updates the current patch and I can get in.
Should I just uninstall the game and download this other version?
Anyone help me with that so I know?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

F

Firecore

That doesn't say anything about installing anything. You said that I would have to download the game off a site or something. Does the TSO game itself not put up to the updates that they have in place or something?
Help is needed here because I didn't know this.

F

Firecore

I don't have to make a Trial account when I am already subscribed right?
Cause the step 5 says
Please wait...

G

No you don't have to make a trial account if you already have a current subscription, I was simply giving you a link to the latest download as requested

Polly

F

Firecore

How long does it take until the "Please wait" goes to "install" because it has not changed yet...

G

Eeep, no clue sorry, maybe I gave you the wrong link. I found it on the blog, perhaps someone else can find a better one.

If you're getting the login screen posted earlier, you shouldn't need to follow it anyway.

Polly

F

Firecore

Well when I installed TSO from the CD that I have none of that came up.