• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

joining thiefs guild

• Thread starter Arnie QuickPalm
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Arnie QuickPalm

to hell with bring back old school how about if we just fix the ablity to join the guild i at times have to say JOIN 5 or more times only to have them tell me i am TOO YOUNG ( i am not) also can we get a definate word on real stealing skill needed to join ??

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Raise your stealing skill to 60 real skill, then try again.

If that still doesn't work, and you're sure your character has spent enough hours in game to enter, page a GM and see if they can fix your character.

Wenchy

P

prison bound

to hell with bring back old school how about if we just fix the ablity to join the guild i at times have to say JOIN 5 or more times only to have them tell me i am TOO YOUNG ( i am not) also can we get a definate word on real stealing skill needed to join ??
taken from uoguide's page here

Joining the Thieves Guild

In order to steal from other players you need to join the thieves guild. To do this you must find a thief guild master. Once you find him/her you can join by saying: "(NPC Name) join". They will ask you for 500 gold pieces. Drag 500 gold pieces onto them and you will join provided you meet the critera:

* Character is at least 48 in-game hours old; and
* Has at least 60 in stealing

R

Ryix (europa)

Id save yourself the effort and not bother, all it does is allow you to steal small stacks of bandies or regs, and as a payoff for this incredible gift? :p your lootable by everyone in tram or fel :p wooo \o/

A

Arnie QuickPalm

ok almost a week later still unable to join i have stayed logged in sever up too server down three days in a row plus on 8 hours every day since my post on the 31st i paged a GM today they said mail in to bug reports ok thats done

anyone have any clue while i wait to hear from them (not holding my breath for a reply)

A

Arnie QuickPalm

yes 60.4 to be exact maybe they rasied it to 70 ??

L

Lord Drakelord

yes 60.4 to be exact maybe they rasied it to 70 ??
If they did then they need to change the requirements in the skills section at UO.com. Try a different thief guildmaster on another island city? Worse come to worse you can alway page a GM to come look at your charactor.

J

Jeremy

Arnie, in the bug report did you include:

- Character Name
- Account Name
- Character age (as near as you can figure)
- Which NPC you were talking to
- The location (city, facet, shard, etc)
- How much real skill (not counting jewelry) you have

Those are things that will hopefully help QA figure out what is going on.

A

Arnie QuickPalm

Jeremy i did not i will send in another report right away.

thanks for being interested !!!!!!

S

Shinobi

ok let me save you some trouble and give ya some insight on this...

I run a thief guild on atlantic, and many of our members are having the same problem. I have heard that it is a known issue that the npc thief guildmaster is bugged and tells everyone they are too young. SUPPOSEDLY they are working on it, but i know members in my guild who have been trying for the past month to join it. Personally, i think this is some conspiracy to try and kill the rest of us off lol...even if it is, it's not happening.

And to the guy who says you can only steal stacks of bandages and regs...in the past 2 months alone i've stolen:

2 inquis reso
armor of fortune
orni of magician
2 val runic hammers
folded steel reading glasses
mace and shield glasses
kryss worth 20mil

And along with that a bunch of other stuff that slips my mind. And yes they were stolen (not scammed) from players, not from doom, and the arti's are not cursed. Not meaning to brag, it's just that i hate when people jump to conclusions to assume thieves are dead.

P.S. For the record, you can be boosted over 60 steal with jewels/items and still join the npc thief guild. After you join...if you remove the items and go below 60 steal again, you are still in the guild. Also, when joining, make sure you say the guildmaster's name, followed by "join". For example: "Timothy Join".

A

Arnie QuickPalm

Still unable to join. I did send in full bug report with all the info jeremy asked for.

P

Prodigal Son

I have the same problem my character is a year old and has 100.6 real stealing. The theif guildmaster still tells me that I'm too young to come back later.

S

Sheridan

This might seem silly, but have you tried a number of different Thief Guildmasters both in Felucca and Trammel? There's always one in Cove in both facets, usually near the dock. Might be worth the time to seek out a few different ones and see if you can track one down that isn't bugged, if indeed that's the case.

S

Shinobi

This might seem silly, but have you tried a number of different Thief Guildmasters both in Felucca and Trammel? There's always one in Cove in both facets, usually near the dock. Might be worth the time to seek out a few different ones and see if you can track one down that isn't bugged, if indeed that's the case.
Different thieves, different shards, different guildmasters.........they're all bugged.

A

Arnie QuickPalm

Agreed 4:30 Am PST still unable to join. i will assume they will have gotten the bug report i sent on fri/sat and will look at it this morning. jeremey is watching this thread so i have high hopes we shall see it fixed.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I've been trying as well. I have a char with over 80 hours (at least) in game, 60.3 stealing, and no joy on joining. Tried 7 different cities, both facets, every guildmaster says I'm too young to join. Paged a GM yesterday and got the canned response to send in info blah blah blah. Guess what EA...that doesn't do a damn thing to help get my guy in the guild. It would be nice if a GM could get off their azz and actually stop by when paged and PUT my character in the guild. I'm sure they have the power to do that. Alas, as usual, it doesn't happen.

A

Arnie QuickPalm

Ok been 5 days since i sent in a bug report any word from anyone ??

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arnie, I think you may have misunderstood the situation. QA needs the bug report because, as yet, they have not been able to find the area of code that is messed up causing this bug. It IS a known issue, but they have not been able to isolate it, yet.

A

Arnie QuickPalm

yes i understand this but maybe as a short term fix just shut of the timer ?? its foolish to waste time fixing something only me and 6 other folks want to use :)

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bugreport submitted and stil no answer been over 2 weeks now trying. Still to young..

P A T H E T I C

:sleep2::bowdown:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've been trying to join for a long time now myself..... I have 116 REAL skill.... it tells me I'm too young.... My character is 108 months old!.... Young my eye!... Starting to really tork me off. Freaking things are bugged.

I'll tell you this the character had the skill on a stone.... I put it on my char took it to Jhelom on GL and talked to the guildmaster there .... She tells me I'm too young and to come back in a week.... So I do.... Angrily I figure well... I did just take it off the stone so I haven't "been" 116 for a full week yet.... So I return 1 week and 1 day later.... talk again in Jhelom to a Theif Guildmaster... Now they don't say I have to wait.... Don't say I'm too YOung... Just says You want to join the theives guild?..... Heck yes I do.... but they don't say anything else.... I say Yes I want to Join..... Yes so and so I want to join the theives guild..... she says "You want to join the theives guild?".... Vicious circle starting to annoy the **** outta me....

S

Shinobi

I've been trying to join for a long time now myself..... I have 116 REAL skill.... it tells me I'm too young.... My character is 108 months old!.... Young my eye!... Starting to really tork me off. Freaking things are bugged.

I'll tell you this the character had the skill on a stone.... I put it on my char took it to Jhelom on GL and talked to the guildmaster there .... She tells me I'm too young and to come back in a week.... So I do.... Angrily I figure well... I did just take it off the stone so I haven't "been" 116 for a full week yet.... So I return 1 week and 1 day later.... talk again in Jhelom to a Theif Guildmaster... Now they don't say I have to wait.... Don't say I'm too YOung... Just says You want to join the theives guild?..... Heck yes I do.... but they don't say anything else.... I say Yes I want to Join..... Yes so and so I want to join the theives guild..... she says "You want to join the theives guild?".... Vicious circle starting to annoy the **** outta me....
Yes i've always found it rediculously stupid, but whenever you say "guild" they ask "Are you interested in joining the guild?" Most people respond saying "Yes" or "Aye". This is pointless because what you really have to do is walk up and say the name of the guildmaster (let's pretend its name is Dexter), followed by "join". So all you have to do is walk a tile or two away from him and say "Dexter join". Since it is bugged, he then will tell you that you are too young and to return in one week.

This is the response you will receive even if you have 1 hour left until you are able to join. What it SHOULD say is the amount of hours you have left on that character until you can join. By "one week," all it means is 48 in-game hours (40 or 48, i was never quite sure, let's assume 48...worst case scenario) on THAT character. So it isn't smart to log off of your thief for one whole week, and then get back on a week later only to hear him say you're too young again. Just leave your thief character online at tram brit bank instead of logging off, to build up your hours. Of course at the moment this doesn't matter because of the bug.

W

Warrior of Time

You need to add snooping to join. It is the list of requirements that is wrong. I been in it a long time.
Age is not the time in UO. It is the lack of 1 or more skills needed.

A

Arnie QuickPalm

Well I had high hopes for this but i quickly raised my snooping to 60 real skill and still no luck

W

Warrior of Time

What is hiding, and stelth? I know that in the past hiding had to be 80 to even start stealth. The other 3 need to be 60 I am sure. I know when I joined I had over 60 on the 3 and 80+ in hiding. [I am glad I no longer need to count steps] They changed it so you can gain sooner in stealth. I do know that you can't steal scrolls from people without being in the thieves guild.

One things for sure. You not going to just walk over to them, snoop, and steal a 120 Magery scroll.

You may even want enough ninja to use smoke. You can take a really hard hit and still hid.

Without the right and enough skills your still too young to join. Besides your going to need them any how. Not as if time in gains will be wasted. You will need more than 60 to do anything. These days GM stealing is useless.

L

Lady_Mina

Id save yourself the effort and not bother, all it does is allow you to steal small stacks of bandies or regs, and as a payoff for this incredible gift? :p your lootable by everyone in tram or fel :p wooo \o/
He can still steal doom arties :)

Of course we got to admitt , thiefs lost all their value and nearly serve as rp chars these days.
Since there's not much to steal in fel since insurance and personal bless deeds.

S

Shinobi

What is hiding, and stelth? I know that in the past hiding had to be 80 to even start stealth. The other 3 need to be 60 I am sure. I know when I joined I had over 60 on the 3 and 80+ in hiding. [I am glad I no longer need to count steps] They changed it so you can gain sooner in stealth. I do know that you can't steal scrolls from people without being in the thieves guild.

One things for sure. You not going to just walk over to them, snoop, and steal a 120 Magery scroll.

You may even want enough ninja to use smoke. You can take a really hard hit and still hid.

Without the right and enough skills your still too young to join. Besides your going to need them any how. Not as if time in gains will be wasted. You will need more than 60 to do anything. These days GM stealing is useless.
Ok i've had a thief as my main character for over 6 years, and i run the biggest thief guild on atlantic (and very possibly the biggest in uo). All the NPC thief guild requires is 60 steal (doesn't have to be real steal, can be boosted with jewels/burg's bandana/shadow dancers), and 48 in-game hours on that character. Even though as a thief you DO need snooping/hide/stealth, it isn't necessary to join the NPC guild.

W

Warrior of Time

All I know is what I had to do to join. I was 100 or more with stealing, hiding, and stealth. [real] I was unable to join without snoop.

Why join the thieves guild at all if you are not going to use those skills. You join only if you want to steal from people. Besides don't ask me what we need ask the ones that wrote the code for the npc. I think asking them would be the first step to see if it is working right or not.

Also 6 years ago you only had real points.

D

D'Amavir

All I know is what I had to do to join. I was 100 or more with stealing, hiding, and stealth. [real] I was unable to join without snoop.

Why join the thieves guild at all if you are not going to use those skills. You join only if you want to steal from people. Besides don't ask me what we need ask the ones that wrote the code for the npc. I think asking them would be the first step to see if it is working right or not.

Also 6 years ago you only had real points.

A lot of people join to get access to disguise kits. Since their isn't an assassin's guild, you are forced to join the thief's guild to be able to use them.

And you don't need anything but 60 stealing to join. I have 10 characters, all in the thief's guild that have 0 snoop, 0 hiding, 0 stealth. Currently, however, it is bugged and telling people that they are too young regardless of the fact that they really aren't.

M

Mask_LS

Devs, any update on this? My 84 month char is being told he's too young despite having over 60 stealing. I soulstoned it, is that maybe the problem? But in the past I've soulstoned stealing onto other chars and been able to join (for the disguise kits).

How about you remove the 'time limit' altogether and see if that works?

I've submitted a bug report. This is a gamebreaking issue for potential thieves, please fix it asap.