• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Join the Revolution to Bring Back Brit Bank

• Thread starter BringBackBrit
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

BringBackBrit

Ok folks !

We all know Luna is just to small and cramped . Join me in bringing back Brit West as the new banksitting place. Assume your old positions and let have some old time fun. Any game ?

S

Still Frame

Ok folks !

We all know Luna is just to small and cramped . Join me in bringing back Brit West as the new banksitting place. Assume your old positions and let have some old time fun. Any game ?
Woo i'm in! When i get a blue in a few years..

R

RichDC

Already there my friend, awaiting construction to be completed...one day soon i hope!

M

Mirage

Good Luck with that. Ain't happening though.

People are in Luna because they want to be. NO one is going to change their minds. The more you do this stuff the more defiant they are.

Even on Atlantic with their new silly design, only a handful of people came back.
Mir

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was even @ the WBB the other day. I think I logged out there! I'm still waitin' on people to bring back the Glow fence. But I pick RL! Miss everyone :heart:

O

Officerdg

Woo i'm in! When i get a blue in a few years..
It will be a miracle if this game still exists then. Before EA took control they took UO everywhere to put the game in the eye of the public. Im talking huge flat panel monitor set ups for free play to potential new players and even current players could log in and show there stuff at conventions all around the place then at nite they would have meet n greets in variouse places with pizza and pop or cheese trays whatever. EA took over and its been down hill ever since. NO conventions since EA took control. Some cheesy ass Town hall meetings once a month then last year every other month. This year. NONE NOTTA ZIP ZILCH ZERO NONE. Of course if anyone reading this went to the chicago town hall u will understand why. I think there was like 50 people there and 30 of those people were from EA or that radio station for UO. They are just feeding those people that still pay whatever they want to hear to keep them paying there $13 a month. Apparently they are still makeing a buck or 2 or the game would be gone. Some more accounts get closed and this game is over. So those of u who think u have anything in game of any $$$$ value. SELL NOW !!!

R

RichDC

It will be a miracle if this game still exists then. Before EA took control they took UO everywhere to put the game in the eye of the public. Im talking huge flat panel monitor set ups for free play to potential new players and even current players could log in and show there stuff at conventions all around the place then at nite they would have meet n greets in variouse places with pizza and pop or cheese trays whatever. EA took over and its been down hill ever since. NO conventions since EA took control. Some cheesy ass Town hall meetings once a month then last year every other month. This year. NONE NOTTA ZIP ZILCH ZERO NONE. Of course if anyone reading this went to the chicago town hall u will understand why. I think there was like 50 people there and 30 of those people were from EA or that radio station for UO. They are just feeding those people that still pay whatever they want to hear to keep them paying there $13 a month. Apparently they are still makeing a buck or 2 or the game would be gone. Some more accounts get closed and this game is over. So those of u who think u have anything in game of any $$$$ value. SELL NOW !!!

If thats how you feel maybe you should leave and stop whining...then i wouldnt have to read any more of your drivvle.

S

Still Frame

I cant wait to finally get the last words on uostratics and uopvp when the game finally goes under :p the uncontested still frame! Wins every argument he has...with himself

Hearts Desire

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sense bitterness!! :) Sammy you are missed, glad your rl is going well, Britt Bank for the win!!:thumbsup:

M

Mirage

Ok folks !

I love a good revolution!! But this one is useless.. WBB is over.

Mir

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow..... and I thought I had issues....

Some folk need a good course of anger management.....

Others need to just plain get a life...

And name calling... wow... I feel like the teacher in a class full of 2nd graders... almost want to give a time out... And you all act like a bunch of 2nds graders... that gives me such a warm cozy feeling of joy for the shard I call my home away from home...

As for the "future" of UO that depends greatly on several things. One if EA games ever finally figures out exactly what UO has that other games don't which is one of the main reasons most people stay here... and two if the DEV team finally decides to get serious about removing all the dupes, and exploits from the game... and putting in a serious GM staff that actually "knows" something about the game...... most of them have never ever even logged into UO and wouldn't have the slightest clue what your talking about when your trying to describe your problem because they've NEVER played and don't know the first thing about UO.... all they know is written up on a little computer program.....

As for the UO Town Halls .... hey I'm sorry you went and didn't have a good time..... at least you had the opportunity to go..... there are quite a few people who play who don't have that luxury.... And seriously if you think the game is THAT horrible why are you here??? Why aren't you playing WoW with all the other kids? And for those who spend all their time complaining about the game and the state of things have you seriously gone out and tried to make constructive suggestions?????? Have you attempted or ever filled out a bug report???? Have you done anything that was in any way helpful and constructive rather than whining and complaining and name calling??? Perhaps if more people spent time offering good constructive suggestions to the DEV team then things would improve. Just a thought.

As for Brit bank... I don't tend to bank anywhere outside of Skara Brae and Yew if I can help it... never ever cared much for Brit Bank back in it's hayday.... Too much lag there... and way too many L33T DUDEZ... for my taste... and Luna is just as bad...

*sighs shaking head*.... why this thread hasn't been locked is beyond my understanding.

O

Officerdg

I cant wait to finally get the last words on uostratics and uopvp when the game finally goes under :p the uncontested still frame! Wins every argument he has...with himself
NEVER gonna happen as long as I am around!

O

Officerdg

need a good course of anger management..... .
Not me. I am just fine the way I am. Also trust me there is nothing anyone of the children on these boards could do to **** me off.

Others need to just plain get a life....
Agreed

And name calling... wow... I feel like the teacher in a class full of 2nd graders... almost want to give a time out... And you all act like a bunch of 2nds graders... that gives me such a warm cozy feeling of joy for the shard I call my home away from home....
Only name I called him is "Boy" Dragon Clown is his guild.

As for the "future" of UO that depends greatly on several things. One if EA games ever finally figures out exactly what UO has that other games don't which is one of the main reasons most people stay here... and two if the DEV team finally decides to get serious about removing all the dupes, and exploits from the game... and putting in a serious GM staff that actually "knows" something about the game...... most of them have never ever even logged into UO and wouldn't have the slightest clue what your talking about when your trying to describe your problem because they've NEVER played and don't know the first thing about UO.... all they know is written up on a little computer program.....
Never gonna happen.

As for the UO Town Halls .... hey I'm sorry you went and didn't have a good time..... at least you had the opportunity to go..... there are quite a few people who play who don't have that luxury.... And seriously if you think the game is THAT horrible why are you here??? Why aren't you playing WoW with all the other kids? And for those who spend all their time complaining about the game and the state of things have you seriously gone out and tried to make constructive suggestions?????? Have you attempted or ever filled out a bug report???? Have you done anything that was in any way helpful and constructive rather than whining and complaining and name calling??? Perhaps if more people spent time offering good constructive suggestions to the DEV team then things would improve. Just a thought.
I never said I didnt have a good time. I actualy had a very good time. I have gone to EVERY gathering there has ever been within a 10 hr drive of my home in Indiana. Care to point out to me where in my post I said the game was horrible? As a matter of fact I do play WOW as Well as LOTRO. I participate in every focus group and what not that I can get in so yes I have contributed very much input to the devs of this game and I have played this game almost since day 1. Until recently I had 7 accounts. I am now down to 3 and only have them because they have castles on them. I do play them because they are open but nothing like I use to.

B

BringBackBrit

So nobody want to bring back WBB :( I thought there were enough old timers to want it but I guess not. Either way I will keep at it.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I gave up bank sitting once I became a house hider in fel good luck tho in getting players back to brit

O

Officerdg

So nobody want to bring back WBB :( I thought there were enough old timers to want it but I guess not. Either way I will keep at it.
I as I am sure many other "old timers" would care if the people that own this game cared. I personaly appreciate what u r saying and trying to do but unfortunately it will never happen. There are not enuff people playing anymore that care enuff to make a differance.

O

Officerdg

Yeah you'll probably win. Stratics has become very boring :thumbdown: so i tend to not check it. There hasnt been a pvp thread here in months
O my o my the response I could leave for you Sieg... HOWEVER if I do I am affraid there is an administrator that would bust a vein. Call me if u like. I will fill u in!

G

GhostGL

This won't last. There was a couple days there where people came. They'll sit there and say how cool it is. How much they miss Britain Bank, then they go back to Luna. Yeah even the people who always hungout in Britain. As i write this i'm the only one at the bank. I don't understand em they claim to hate Luna and miss Britain but will they make the effort? No.. if you don't like Luna so much just stop hanging out there! Sooner or later more people will come back to Britain. Yes their nothing but lemmings following wherever the herd goes.

B

BringBackBrit

So Ghost how did it feel to see all those folks at Brit West today with the Easter Bunny ?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A better question is how does it feel to pay $12.99 per month for a 2D chat program? Sit at WBB or Luna Bank all day?

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To help with restoration of WBB, FCB will be dropping free items there this weekend :)

K

Kaydon

Thinking out loud here.....

Could it be the closeness in Luna of every service needed? (blacksmith, mage shop, stavle etc.)

Could it be the veritable plethora of vendors available around the heart of town?

I wish they had not allowed for vendor housing inside Luna to begin with, and moved the services NPC's to location outside the town proper. (As I was recently made aware, Luna isn't even a town.. I am told it is a Paladin outpost!)

From the rumor mill: I've heard much talk inside Lina that a certain vendor house(s) owner is making it his goal to buy all the vendor houses inside Luna. Would EA have any voice in stopping him? Would they? Could they do so in a legal/technical sense?

Like I said, just thinking out loud.

M

Mirage

Thinking out loud here.....

Could it be the closeness in Luna of every service needed? (blacksmith, mage shop, stavle etc.)

Could it be the veritable plethora of vendors available around the heart of town?
How can that be a factor when you can recall from Brit to Luna is like 2 seconds! Is standing packed in Luna bank for hours worth the 2 second advantage? LoL

*sighs*
Mir

B

BringBackBrit

To help with restoration of WBB, FCB will be dropping free items there this weekend :)
Gem, I was not on , how did it go ? I am really surprised that this thread is bringing comments/actions still. How about this..... All of us old timers set a date to Bring Back Brit :) I am thinking this coming Saturday we call a Boycott of Luna Bank and hang at WBB. We surely can all live w/o Luna for one day right ? **** , I will even provide gates to Luna to show folks just how easy it is to travel between the two . Do I have any supporters ? I will even donate items for another give away from FCB , maybe even get MOA involved.

Waddya say Gem ?

F

FireCrazy

Drop runes for Brit bank all over the place...
I think the invasion made everyone set their rune book defaults to Luna and they just need new runes to brit west.

Luna is quite laggy as well...drop your unwanted items everywhere and create more lag.

Personally I think Luna is more convenient. Especially for tamers. Recall in, stall your pet, hit the bank box, see whats sellin, then head out again.
Wanna do some shoppin....run 2 screens in any direction you found a vendor.

I like Brit bank as well, but Luna is really never that busy, and there hasnt been anything worth a crap selling anyhow. The only thing Brit was ever good for was the obsessive spamming, and the occasional unattended bushido warriors beating on a horse with a dagger.

M

Mystra

Wow..... and I thought I had issues....

Some folk need a good course of anger management.....

Others need to just plain get a life...

And name calling... wow... I feel like the teacher in a class full of 2nd graders... almost want to give a time out... And you all act like a bunch of 2nds graders... that gives me such a warm cozy feeling of joy for the shard I call my home away from home...

As for Brit bank... I don't tend to bank anywhere outside of Skara Brae and Yew if I can help it... never ever cared much for Brit Bank back in it's hayday.... Too much lag there... and way too many L33T DUDEZ... for my taste... and Luna is just as bad...

*sighs shaking head*.... why this thread hasn't been locked is beyond my understanding.
aww you would not deny me somepleasure would ya ?;P

M

Mystra

Now thats what I am talking about. Go FCB Great attitude, We were just discussing a summer Gathering of the Guilds this weekend. Its when the players and guilds contribute " In Game" that GL shows its true colors.

Look for it !