• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Joe the PLumber for Pres!

L

Loqucious

I pray to God that someday we will have the opportunity to vote for a man, or woman, that truly puts America first before their own need for power or fame.

These two presidential candidates make me sick, as does all politics anymore.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id punch them both in the throat, that's right i said it :fight:
*Watches the Secret Service drag Bardie away*

Speaking of plumbing, I'm doing a lot of that today...... does that make me an average Joe? I really hope so..... :)

V

Vision

IMO he answered the question very well with a thorough explanation...

Whether he follows through with everything he's saying is another issue entirely... although I think that at least he has some decent, intelligent, well-founded plans whereas McCain's seem a bit stupid. Forget about health care... McCain will hand you $5000!!! That'll solve EVERYTHING!

I also don't understand how McCain's policies on giving tax cuts to the wealthier people will help our economy in any way... They are already spending money... we need more excess cash flow from the people who can't quite afford to spend as much, and I think that the plan sounds like it has some hope of helping the country during this recession. Unfortunately our options for president are limited now, but we should at least pick the lesser of two evils if that's how you see it.

S

Sunrise

300 million people in this country....and these two clowns are the best we can come up with to run our country for 4 years??? :mf_prop:

Ponders moving...

B

Budweiser

300 million people in this country....and these two clowns are the best we can come up with to run our country for 4 years??? :mf_prop:

Ponders moving...

WE didn't come up with them.... the Media did that.....

S

Sunrise

Bud I totally agree with you ....but trying to stay on topic.... :D I say vote for Joe :D oR Zig Zag :D

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if a buisness that makes 200k a year or 16 bil a quarter has its buisness taxes raised from 35% (which they are now) to 40 or 45% it is only in a companys best interest to restructure their finances to pay the higher taxes. this is normally done by cutting jobs of the middle class laborers such as me. Not to say that if u give a buisness a tax cut they would use the savings to higher more people or line their own pockets but overall theres less a chance i will lose my job in he end. Also remember this the United States excerised the idea of taxes to help our country elimanate debt after world war 2. prior to that the big buisness over there age didnt get taxed at all. How do you feel about Howard Hughes being a millionaire during the great depression and never taxed a penny to help the less fortunate americans. Didnt happen.

Jesse James

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just waiting for the breaking news on tv sayin that the monkey Oboma has been assinated:gun:... that fool is the anti christ

T

talween

Food for thought. I have worked bookkeeping for years, and I can tell you the average person in most states do not pay payroll taxes. They have income tax taken out and many get it all back anyway, and SSI and Medicare. Those are not considered Payroll taxes.

The employer pays for (In Washington State) Labor and Industries, Unemployment insurance, and the employer's share of SSI and Medicare. Those are considered Payroll Taxes.

So Where are the payroll taxes That are promised at being cut? They are not planning on cutting taxes on most employers who are small business. How does that help the employee? What will happen is that most small businesses that have 250,000 in gross income, really only has 30000-40000 in net income a year. But he is taxing them, so who gets a job cut out so the employer can pay higher taxes on anyone else?

AS I said, food for thought

WaRgAsM_666

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WE didn't come up with them.... the Media did that.....
Constitution Party Candidate: Chuck Baldwin
Democratic Party Candidate: Barack Obama
Green Party Candidate: Cynthia McKinney
Independent Party Candidate: Ralph Nader
Libertarian Party Candidate: Bob Barr
Republican Party Candidate: John McCain

yea most people never even heard of the rest.. media 4tw
Id vote chuck.

K

kalzaketh

sorry, as I watch asscifi marathon today,I have alittle different choice the older folks might well remember her linda blair she was the star attraction of the exorcist, that lady could scare the rest of the canidates into submission shes' got alot older since her head spinning days with the projectile vomiting was atwisted old movie for the younger folks.

P

Piper de Monfort

sorry, as I watch asscifi marathon today,I have alittle different choice the older folks might well remember her linda blair she was the star attraction of the exorcist, that lady could scare the rest of the canidates into submission shes' got alot older since her head spinning days with the projectile vomiting was atwisted old movie for the younger folks.
What movie was that? Must be kinda old. Is it on Blue Ray?