• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jhelom Bull Pen

C

Ceridwen

While I can understand that some tamers will go out of their way and tame all bulls and then just stand inside the pen in order to "fight scripters" (or so I assume), it would be really nice if they could at least release one when another tamer asks them to, so they can get their GGS.

It's not like it totally blocks me from getting a GGS, I can go and tame a unicorn too, but I still find it very rude of that person towards tamers that don't use any programs and either just want a quick tame or even want to train a bit in there.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Delucia also has a few bulls, ususally... or a great heart. ;)
But agree with you.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That actually sounds more like someone botting it with a dodgy script. I've found a few where they just tame all the bulls and then stand around; it appears their script messes up the release part. I know most of the folks on Europa that will do something about scripters and none of them will stop someone who's a genuine tamer from taming. No defense if it was someone that was at their keyboard, but it really does sound like a dodgy bot to me.

T

TerryFyde

There are also bulls in Delucia with a handy Inn to log out at.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This thread is a load of bull.............................:hahaha:

C

Ceridwen

That actually sounds more like someone botting it with a dodgy script. I've found a few where they just tame all the bulls and then stand around; it appears their script messes up the release part. I know most of the folks on Europa that will do something about scripters and none of them will stop someone who's a genuine tamer from taming. No defense if it was someone that was at their keyboard, but it really does sound like a dodgy bot to me.
Does a bot take every single tameable out of the pen, rename it and drop it off somewhere outside the pen?
I think not. ;)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does a bot take every single tameable out of the pen, rename it and drop it off somewhere outside the pen?
I think not. ;)

You missed that bit in the OP :)

If you 'lose' the bulls and I'm responsible, they'll be in the pen roughly north. Released, of course! I can only assume that there had been a scripter there and whoever it was removing tames was afk - all the people I know would have replied to you, myself included. PM me a name?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, I put them into the other farm pen as well. It doesn't take any more than that to thwart the scripters in there just now. Usually if I've removed anything from the pen I put it back when the scripter times out or is hauled off by a GM though. If there aren't any bulls, the bots can't start their script to get reported by one of my tamers ;) So it's counter productive really. Love the ghost llama tamer the best though, that was class! I was sorry to see him go, even though he was such easy GM bait!

There is however a very odd stealth herder (not me, though I am guilty of odd and herding) who, regardless of whether anyone is scripting, will herd every bull out of the pen. He/she is a real menace to deal with. I don't know where else they takes them, but they aren't keen on a tamer gaining, bot or not. I wouldn't be surprised at anything that one might do.

There's always the spawn in Fel, nobody seems to tame there so you'd prolly be safe enough there. Or I hop to Delucia if I can't find the bulls :) Couldn't find them for my last run yesterday, and hoping that tamer isn't a regular fixture because they *really* hid the bulls. Gits :(

What's your tamer's name if you don't mind me asking? *is nosey*

Wenchy

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, I put them into the other farm pen as well. It doesn't take any more than that to thwart the scripters in there just now. Usually if I've removed anything from the pen I put it back when the scripter times out or is hauled off by a GM though. If there aren't any bulls, the bots can't start their script to get reported by one of my tamers ;) So it's counter productive really. Love the ghost llama tamer the best though, that was class! I was sorry to see him go, even though he was such easy GM bait!

There is however a very odd stealth herder (not me, though I am guilty of odd and herding) who, regardless of whether anyone is scripting, will herd every bull out of the pen. He/she is a real menace to deal with. I don't know where else they takes them, but they aren't keen on a tamer gaining, bot or not. I wouldn't be surprised at anything that one might do.

There's always the spawn in Fel, nobody seems to tame there so you'd prolly be safe enough there. Or I hop to Delucia if I can't find the bulls :) Couldn't find them for my last run yesterday, and hoping that tamer isn't a regular fixture because they *really* hid the bulls. Gits :(

What's your tamer's name if you don't mind me asking? *is nosey*

Wenchy
I've come across that one too. Had forgotten about her til now. Can't remember her name, but you're right, she's a pain in the arse! I left her to it and hit Del til she buggered off again.

C

Ceridwen

Cailleach,
I honestly can't remember the name.
And I just wanted to point out that there was absolutely nothing in the pen - it wasn't just the bulls that were gone, but even all cats, pigs, etc.

Wenchkin,
You'll probably think I'm really original, but...
*points at forum name* My tamer is my main char, so I usually use the same name in forums when I can.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heheh, it's ok, if I was still on my first account I'd be running around called Wenchkin too :D Haven't re-made her, but it's tempting to not have to tell boardies who I am all the time lol.

Wenchy

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I can understand that some tamers will go out of their way and tame all bulls and then just stand inside the pen in order to "fight scripters" (or so I assume), it would be really nice if they could at least release one when another tamer asks them to, so they can get their GGS.

It's not like it totally blocks me from getting a GGS, I can go and tame a unicorn too, but I still find it very rude of that person towards tamers that don't use any programs and either just want a quick tame or even want to train a bit in there.
Don't forget that there's also a bull spawn area north of Trinsic in both Trammel and Fel.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cailleach,
And I just wanted to point out that there was absolutely nothing in the pen - it wasn't just the bulls that were gone, but even all cats, pigs, etc.

Wenchkin,
You'll probably think I'm really original, but...
*points at forum name* My tamer is my main char, so I usually use the same name in forums when I can.
In that case, Wenchkin is likely right - it was the annoying stealth herder. Nothing any of us can do about that one except wait for them to get bored and bugger off.

Btw, are you the same Ceridwen I have on icq?

C

Ceridwen

Most likely - I believe we met a while ago and you invited me to your house, before it became a shop. :)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only way I've found of getting annoying stealth tamer guy to vanish is to tame all the bulls and recall out. I came back a few mins later and he didn't haul the next bull I spawned, so I went back to taming. Watching for the purposeful bull running for the exit hehe.

Wenchy

K

Kiminality

Cailleach,
I think I could hazard a guess...
But, I think naming names would be a no-no :(

C

Ceridwen

Kimi,
It's anyway more important to know and write down the names of players which make another player's experience in game good, than ones that try to destroy it.

(Although it's hard sometimes, since some people just leave me muttering bad words at the monitor and I'd want to make a public blacklist with their names. :D )

K

Kiminality

Kimi,
It's anyway more important to know and write down the names of players which make another player's experience in game good, than ones that try to destroy it.
True, but that's not an exact science.
People praise me, on occasions:eek:

Besides, sometimes it's just fun to name names ;)
Not that, you know, I'm allowed :sad4:

For bulls... If it's just for a GGS, there's usually one a stone's throw from the Trinsic moongate

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*chuckles* I'm tempted to at least log on my tracker and find out who it is for myself. Bugging me now....

Wenchy

K

Kiminality

If they're animal form, then you'll just find them as an animal, without a name.
A blessing and a curse, really.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, hadn't thought of that...Rats... Maybe quite literally....

Wenchy

K

Kiminality

Usually a llama, I think.

Although, unless they log out, to escape the animals following, or manually tell each of them to stop... The way to stop them following is to die, which visibly identifies ;)
There's also the passive reveals of a swarm of animals, if you catch the act in progress.
But, my best suggestion is to look for names on animal corpses :)