• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jeremy - There's a BIG problem with the Uo Store !

M

Mayadevi

I went to UO.com.
I went to the store to buy a legacy Token code (It was 'sposed to be a pressie for the hubby)

I put in all my Credit Card information and got the following :

"A problem was encountered while processing your order:
We are sorry; you have purchased the maximum amount of the codes available during a 30 day period. Please wait 30 days before you place a new order.
If you wish to purchase another code, please click here for Ultima Online code orderring assistance."

I HAVEN'T BOUGHT ANYTHING from the store in...forever, years maybe ?

This is really worriesome. Did the site get hacked? Does someone now have My CC Information ?

I'm about to email you , 'cause to be honest, I'm sort of freaking out here.

:mad::mad::mad:

Mayadevi (not looking forward to tell ing hubby about this in place of giving him a nice pressie :(

F

Fayled Dhreams

:cool: send your email ... probably already on the wire ...

go back through the ordering process ... maybe it will go through ...

IF NOT
&
You get the same DIRECTIONS (If you wish to purchase another code, please click here for Ultima Online code orderring assistance)

CLICK THERE (please click here) and commence to explain the SAME thing you explained here ...(no purchases ...)
IF NOT an actual "real time dialogue" with some kind of rep ...

GET THAT PHONE number ...
CALL it ...
if no immediate satisfaction (sometimes even if ... baby steps ...)
SAY to the voice on the line ... please elevate this (connect me to) to the next level of supervisor ...

repeat your situation ...

OR

If your not "comfortable" with doing it on the phone ...
click HERE and login in (or register if needed ... and login)
Start a trouble ticket

restate your situation AND have the following ready:
(from here)
* Username.
* Email Address.
* If you used a Credit Card: Last eight digits of the credit card on file.
* If you used a Game Time Code: Last game time code used on your account.
* A description of the issue.
* If redeeming a code in game, please provide the promotional code.
* Our account support team will be able to use this information to search for your account and determine if you are eligible for this promotion and what might be wrong with the code.

G'luck
Thank you (your persistence will help us all)
update with results, please ...

M

Mayadevi

Thanks Fayled !

Yeah the emails already written, I just got to find her addy again *blushes*

Erm...Could someone post Jeremy's email again, I seem to have lost it :(

Calling could be... interesting ! *laughs* I'm Deaf and would have to use TTY/ TTD or voice relay. Dang, Now I guess I got to call just to see how that goes !

Still mad and a bit freaked. I'll keep y'all posted :p

Mayadevi

:cool: send your email ... probably already on the wire ...

go back through the ordering process ... maybe it will go through ...

IF NOT
&
You get the same DIRECTIONS (If you wish to purchase another code, please click here for Ultima Online code orderring assistance)

CLICK THERE (please click here) and commence to explain the SAME thing you explained here ...(no purchases ...)
IF NOT an actual "real time dialogue" with some kind of rep ...

GET THAT PHONE number ...
CALL it ...
if no immediate satisfaction (sometimes even if ... baby steps ...)
SAY to the voice on the line ... please elevate this (connect me to) to the next level of supervisor ...

repeat your situation ...

OR

If your not "comfortable" with doing it on the phone ...
click HERE and login in (or register if needed ... and login)
Start a trouble ticket

restate your situation AND have the following ready:
(from here)
* Username.
* Email Address.
* If you used a Credit Card: Last eight digits of the credit card on file.
* If you used a Game Time Code: Last game time code used on your account.
* A description of the issue.
* If redeeming a code in game, please provide the promotional code.
* Our account support team will be able to use this information to search for your account and determine if you are eligible for this promotion and what might be wrong with the code.

G'luck
Thank you (your persistence will help us all)
update with results, please ...

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
same thing happened to me last year - turned out to be nothing, just their stupid system acting as wonderful as it usually does. but i hadn't bought anything either and it told me the same thing. 2 days later i was finally able to purchase a transfer token. it was frustrating.

M

Mayadevi

Thanks a bunch !

Email sent. I hope it gets fixed !

*crosses fingers*

Mayadevi

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Do you have a way to see (online) if your CC or bank account has been billed?

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always have the feeling, that the store does not really want, what stores usually do: Sell stuff.
As customers some popular payment methods are not supported (PayPal comes into mind).

If you want to buy an item, you have only 0 or 1 as the number. But if I would like to buy a stack of codes, I would have to go through the process several times (and month or accounts).

I do not feel treatened well as potential customer there, seems that they don't trust their buyers at all.
*Salute*
Olahorand

L

Loqucious

UO store, UO.com, customer service, GM service, is ALL a mess.

A total embarrassment.

L

Limlight

Dont worry Maya.

The only things I have ever bought from the UO Store were my 7th character slot and Storage Upgrade (which I will buy again when they release the 8th character slot and more bank storage)

and the same thing happened to me. I ended up going through their help option and talking to some guy through email..lol

Dont worry, your CC is just fine.

P

packrat

Im wondering with all of thes hacked accounts lately if this might be the source of the problem. I made a post similiar to this and it was deleted. so this one might get deleted as well. I have been seeing a lot of people getting hacked on accounts they havent used in months. Some are getting hacked on multipal accounts. Thats very strange.
These hackers are getting the information from somewhere.

L

Loqucious

Im wondering with all of thes hacked accounts lately if this might be the source of the problem. I made a post similiar to this and it was deleted
Interesting, I had the same thought on some issues I was having and posted that same idea here a couple days ago.........my posts also vanished.

M

Mayadevi

Thanks everyone !

I got a response from Jeremy and it's being looked into. That makes me feel a bit better because Jeremy has this nifty way of making things right. Y'all know I'll email her again, if nothing happens in long enough that I get nervous. I have a feeling I won't have to , she's pretty on top of things.

Nothing's shown up on the CC card yet as far as charges, but I'm used to that taking up to three days, so I'm still nervous :(

Packrat and Loqucious - I was sort of worrying about the same thing. It's a freaky message to get because it makes you think, "well, If *I* didn't order anything, who the H**L DID ?!?"

With the recent spat of weirdly hacked accounts, it's even more nervewracking !

I'm pretty good with the, "Don't Open any weird emails, don't go the weird hacky places... don't use ICQ any more..." Being careful part. I've got firewalls and anti-virus, anti-spyware, ect to the point they make me crazy sometimes...

But so do alot of the people who got hacked, it made me wonder.. and paranoid !

Hopefully , everything is good and it can get fixed in such a way that other people don't get the scary message and have to wonder whether they've been hacked !

Mayadevi (under caffienated and apparently long-winded today ;)

M

Mayadevi

Well...we still don't know what happened there, but after two more attempts Hubby got his pressie ! and i got one too !!

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Jeremy's on it though, and things tend to get fixed when Jeremy's on them, so I'm hopeful it'll get cleared up and not happen to anyone else.

Goodness that was scary !

Mayadevi ( More caffeinated and feeling MUCH better now, thank you :)

M

Mayadevi

Dang !

Looks like I posted too soon, the second code is apparently invalid. Not sure why since it just arrived in my email. That's just wonky.

mayadevi (muttering about wonky codes and websites)

A

Azureal

Dang !

Looks like I posted too soon, the second code is apparently invalid. Not sure why since it just arrived in my email. That's just wonky.

mayadevi (muttering about wonky codes and websites)
I snapped up around 7-8 copies of The 8Th Age in various EB stores around Perth before I came back a month ago. Xfer tokens sold very well, so it was win/win for me, especially considering the boxes were reduced in price to around AU$9 each. Bargain, except...

...not all of the codes worked for me. Atleast 2 returned a "invalid code" message. Pissed me off no end I can tell you. I hope you get it sorted Maya. Ive been considering buying a Legacy token too for a soulstone, but this has made me pause and wait.

M

Mayadevi

kk, It finally worked the fourth time after -relogging. I was going to email Jeremy about it and wanted to get the exact message and tried again and *POUF* token ! And I am sure I typed the code in exactly the same way the first three times.

You might want to try the codes that didn't work for you again Azureal , if you kept track of them. I've brought a few of the 8th my self and haven't had any problems with the store until now :( And, your right, at the reduced prices you can get lucky and find them at they are win/win !

Mayadevi (slighty less grumpy now :)