• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

@ Jeremy...regarding heartwood quests

• Thread starter Walkerboh77
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
W

Walkerboh77

I know this may seem odd among the banning sh**storm going on around these boards lately.....but i have a request please

i've been turning in bottles for the random recipes....ive been looking for a scrappers recipe....

i'm now going on hour 14 of doing nothing but handing in quests....i can appreciate certain things are meant to be rare....but in all fairness...14 hours is getting a bit ridiculous....

now aside from the time hanging out doing nothing else but handing in bottles....i have to click the guy for 3-5 minutes before he gives me the bottle quest again...

if UO insists that one must stand for countless hours handing in quest items to simply have a chance at getting an item (everquest style)....can you please make it so one of the npcs has the bottle quest specifically...and thats it....so you dont have to click endlessly thru quests u dont want?

this would make the task marginally better as my mouse click finger and mouse buttons would be forever grateful....

or even possibly have some sort of accumulation....after some ridiculous number of handing in...say 100000 (which ive passed now) bottles....you get to choose your reward?....

buying is not an option as im on a server with no population for questers....

thanks if you get this done....

if you dont....then in the words of the great sam kinison....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAHHHH

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

W

Walkerboh77

ive since received my scrappers recipe....but i still say ....

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AAAHHHHHHHHHH

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

E

Eslake

They've already said they need to rework the whole set of heartwood quests.

One of them logged on a GM account and still couldn't stand there long enough to get a runic (and all they have to do is type /finishquest or something for each quest completion)

But to make your next mission a little easier ;) Make a key for UseSelectedTarget.

Then you only have to Click them once, then just hit the key every 3 seconds to get the quest you want.

R

Revenant2

They've already said they need to rework the whole set of heartwood quests.

One of them logged on a GM account and still couldn't stand there long enough to get a runic (and all they have to do is type /finishquest or something for each quest completion)

But to make your next mission a little easier ;) Make a key for UseSelectedTarget.

Then you only have to Click them once, then just hit the key every 3 seconds to get the quest you want.
Hey GMs can you please enable my account for the /finishquest command? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

:)

C

Connor_Graham

I've gotten 3 Scrapper's recipes from Heartwood so far. The first after 6 hours, the second after 3 hours, and the 3rd, and most recent, after 2 1/2 hours.

To compare to that, I got a Yew Runic saw within 3 hours of starting the footstool quest, and got an oak saw not too long after that.

To compare further, I've been doing the Bowyer quests for 3 weeks, and have so far gotten 10 oak runics, 2 ash runics, and 2 yew runics, with no heartwood in sight yet. I will say that I do seem to average 1 runic kit per 4-5 hours of crafting.

Lately, Stratics has had enough entertainment with the various duper posts to keep me occupied all day long while KR automatically makes the bows for me.

One thing I have noticed, out of the 14 runics I've gotten from the bowyer quests, 12 of those came from the Lethal Darts quest. Coincidence? I think maybe not.