• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Japanese Players Client

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe a lot of the PvP community is aware that there is another client being used to play UO. It was first noticed when a guild from the japanese shards came over and every last one of them was blipping off screens. The client clearly can break the speed cap and I have personally seen video of it being tested and how game breaking it is. I was told that people were bringing it to messannas attention. But,as I have not heard a word about it or seen any mention of it, I figure this is the best way to get a response.

@Bleak @messana

Are the developers aware of this client?
Is there a fix that we can be expecting? (we were told the servers were had a speed cap LOL @ me for believing that)

I personally have seen people get reported and banned because they called someone else out on using the "jap" client. Heaven forbid they didn't spell out Japanese client when calling them out on something that should not have been in the game to begin with.

I am disappointed in the devs for letting this happen, not keeping us informed, and not using judgement went someone is paged on.

Was this all intended?

merkd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I don't think the use of the word "jap. client" was the issue. But yes that ****s broken fix it uo God's.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other players were visibly using the client and he called them "jap juniors" for mimicing the japanese pvpers- and background on the guy- he lives in a different country where English is his second language. You would think they can look this up and use good judgement especially if this client has in fact previously been brought to their attention. Apparently not.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Probably just like the bot spammer in Haven they could ban and delete account after account and all he has to do is make a new one train it up and be right back at it in a few short days.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sure it's a client and not a new GPN? I've seen a few players of this guild you speak of a few times in the mornings and I can say I haven't seen anything that jumps out at me. Speed for speed as an east coast player i can see i have a clear advantage but i also have a GB internet hardwired.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sure it's a client and not a new GPN? I've seen a few players of this guild you speak of a few times in the mornings and I can say I haven't seen anything that jumps out at me. Speed for speed as an east coast player i can see i have a clear advantage but i also have a GB internet hardwired.
It is a client. I have seen it in action. If an east coast player used it (also seen) it is disgusting to watch.

Julias Edo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
i know.

This problem seems to have been a problem for more than 10 years ago.

In order to investigate, I went to Yamato, which was said to have the most PvP in Japan.
I participated in the Japanese guild and observed their trends.
That software was only usable with Classic client.
It is of the type to install on the PC, software that prioritizes UO operation over anything.

And it has a setting that can move faster than the people around you.
Speed speed setting is 5 times, 10 times, 20 times.
I can not keep up with the classic client if I activate it and move it.
Unfortunately, the majority of Japanese PvP players are doing this.
Using this will cause a big lag around you.
It may be that recoil because the user moves fast.
And it seemed that there was no sense of sin because many players used it.
So, people who do not use that software can not keep up with it, so normal people quit UO.

So I do not think I want to play PvP in Japan.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is faster running speed, this japanese client, or enhanced client? I doubt it's faster than enhanced client's running speed.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These dudes from the island of Nippon are ridiculous. Their crap makes pvp just about as bad as the pot-tossing script bs from years ago.

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This has only been going on for now for like ten years now, and just keeps getting worse every year. Good luck getting the devs to actually do something about it. I have pretty much stopped playing due to the mass cheating in pvp, its like Ive stated in many threads, there isn't any talent left anymore just more programs to use and make people think theyre good. You cant talk about it by name on here to get it resolved due to dumb stratics rules and you cant send information to the devs because theyre too busy eating donuts to care about the game. Leaves not much for an option other the to move on to better games, which would be pong at this point. LOLOL

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So is this an actual modded UO client or a piece of 3rd party software that manipulates the UO client and/or datastream? There is a difference.

If you're going to approach the devs and try to get them to do something about it, I strongly suggest you use the correct terminology so they have no BS "misunderstanding" wiggle room. Such as the ludicrous wiggle room they abused the hell out of to confuse and downplay multiboxers as KVM switch users :facepalm:

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
it's not UO stealth. Not sure how much can be openly talked about but from what I have seen it utilizes the EC movement which I assume has a higher cap rate then CC does

Julias Edo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Launch Classic client using 3rd party software.

If a person who does not use the software sees it, it seems that the movement of the soft user is moving teleport.

The speed of movement is so much overwhelmingly different.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran

Mesanna acknowledge the existence and stated if caught they will be issuing bans. Don't pay attention to the trolls in Gen Chat. I'm sure someone will by posting the full transcript from the M&G where it won't be as messy.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was told that people were bringing it to messannas attention.
Hahahah, good luck making her comprehend. She will probably tell you its a hardware switch and they are going to ban multiboxing EJ accounts. Even though it has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand :lol:

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Developer Meet And Greet ~ Lake Superior ~ February 26, 2018

And for those of you who don't want to read the whole thing:

[GET]: Have you heard about the new client?

[GET]: that breaks server cap speed?

[Mesanna]: I have not have you Bleak

[GET]: people refer to it as the japanese client

[Mesanna]: oh I have heard that

[Mesanna]: by that name

[GET]: they have combined EC's movement with the classic client

[GET]: and since EC is faster the CC I would suggest putting a cap that reflects CCs on it

[Mesanna]: ok stop

[Mesanna]: our GM's are aware of this and you will be banned if caught using it

[GET]: or that

[GET]: that works also

[Mesanna]: we do have a fix that is not published as of yet

[Mesanna]: it will be on TC1 soon also

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Developer Meet And Greet ~ Lake Superior ~ February 26, 2018

And for those of you who don't want to read the whole thing:

[GET]: Have you heard about the new client?

[GET]: that breaks server cap speed?

[Mesanna]: I have not have you Bleak

[GET]: people refer to it as the japanese client

[Mesanna]: oh I have heard that

[Mesanna]: by that name

[GET]: they have combined EC's movement with the classic client

[GET]: and since EC is faster the CC I would suggest putting a cap that reflects CCs on it

[Mesanna]: ok stop

[Mesanna]: our GM's are aware of this and you will be banned if caught using it

[GET]: or that

[GET]: that works also

[Mesanna]: we do have a fix that is not published as of yet

[Mesanna]: it will be on TC1 soon also
"Never heard of it". 1 minute later: "we have a fix for this on TC1 soon".

What could go wrong? :popcorn:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That would be the fault of the person asking - it is NOT a seperate client, it is a 3rd party program used to launch the regular classic client - or at least that's how it has been described in this thread.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

She DID hear of it...she just didn't hear of it under the generic name ~NEW CLIENT~ and the fact that they already have something in the works for it that is going on TC in the next week or so means that they have been aware of it for some time.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh sure, give that poor old woman a break. With all the 3rd party clients coming out every week, it's totally hard to connect "the new client" to the stories you heard about "a new client japanese players are using".

But let's see. Past experience has shown the odds are pretty high that they introduce new bugs and just make life more miserable for normal players. With a waterproof QA that would never ever not notice you can't recall from a newly added runebook...

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know.

This problem seems to have been a problem for more than 10 years ago.

In order to investigate, I went to Yamato, which was said to have the most PvP in Japan.
I participated in the Japanese guild and observed their trends.
That software was only usable with Classic client.
It is of the type to install on the PC, software that prioritizes UO operation over anything.

And it has a setting that can move faster than the people around you.
Speed speed setting is 5 times, 10 times, 20 times.
I can not keep up with the classic client if I activate it and move it.
Unfortunately, the majority of Japanese PvP players are doing this.
Using this will cause a big lag around you.
It may be that recoil because the user moves fast.
And it seemed that there was no sense of sin because many players used it.
So, people who do not use that software can not keep up with it, so normal people quit UO.

So I do not think I want to play PvP in Japan.
Does it cause client crashing for those around such people?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does it cause client crashing for those around such people?

That's the problem with these talks openly. You only get the correct information from people in the k ow and false information from people who aren't. Let me just say this. No client is causing you to client crash. Client crashing heavily is based on memory leak issues with 32 bit 20 year old code.

One guy will complain about how teleport rings are unbalanced, and another guy will say so is casting flamestrike on the run. One is a true legitamate gripe, the other is a false random accusation about something that doesn't exist. The devs don't know the difference in many cases so the falsehoods cause q/a and troubleshooting problems.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
another guy will say so is casting flamestrike on the run. [...] the other is a false random accusation about something that doesn't exist.
Go grind Navrey for a day. Get webbed and be suprised that once in a while you can actually run while in the middle of casting a flamestrike. I don't say people can force this when they see fit, but it's far off from "doesn't exist" ;)

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Go grind Navrey for a day. Get webbed and be suprised that once in a while you can actually run while in the middle of casting a flamestrike. I don't say people can force this when they see fit, but it's far off from "doesn't exist" ;)
Sounds like a basic synch issue to me! Do you rebound or skip forward a step by chance?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, you can freely move in the middle of casting, spell goes off and you don't get teleported back. It wasn't even that unusual back when I was at Navrey daily. It always felt like when you casted and got webbed the very same moment, buts that's only guesswork..

It's not the server reconciliation issues that occur when you hide or on meelee chars all the time (i.e. teleporting back some tiles).

It happens randomly there. Maybe only in the EC. Not saying people can control it..

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I count that in the same category as moving as a ghost while having gift of renewal active. Sometimes that gap between being dead and the rez-gump showing up is so long that I can move like 8 or 10 tiles away from the critter camping my body.

Most times its there instantly and I'm stuck self-rezzing on to top on the mob that killed me, but that doesn't seem server enforced, or there is a heavy server side loophole in between those events.

And then there is running speed, which people report to be different in EC to CC. And now this japanese client thing. Apparently not properly server enforced as well.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New No, you can freely move in the middle of casting, spell goes off and you don't get teleported back. It wasn't even that unusual back when I was at Navrey daily. It always felt like when you casted and got webbed the very same moment, buts that's only guesswork..
It's during any casting - the longer the spell is, the better. Navrey's webbing freezes you in place, but if you're casting a spell, you're already frozen, and the game doesn't stack a second instance on top of it. It should work in other places, but I can't recall any of them off the top of my head.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the client isn't just used for pvp, used at events and idocs, like the luna idoc recently. to catch someone, u have to look. if u don't look, u don't catch and this is what people see/feel. if nothing happens more and more use to compete. someone said they use because they cant compete with ec being faster than cc. its no excuse. so, if there a cap for cc on speed, should be same speed as ec. just my opinions

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
It's not designed to be a speed hack, it's purpose is to smooth out the stuttering the default CC engine gives as you move(EC is already smoother). Sadly it's an improvement for CC users, reduces lag, allows Asian shard players to be competitive with the Atlantic shard script PvPers despite not having a good ping from that distance to the Atlantic servers.

Last edited: