• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Jackal's and my ABC archer

S

Seismic

If I use a Jackal's Collar, which breaks the passive MR on my armor, am I getting ANY benefit from the MR left on my suit?

If not, I am going to change my suit to be 8 LMC per non-artie piece instead of a mix of MR 2 (minimum) and as much LMC as I can get as a secondary stat.

What say you? I really like the Jackal's for the dex increase, among other things, but I need as much LMC as possible for my archer if my passive MR is completely useless wearing Jackal's..

Oh I'm human btw for the jack-of-all-trades bonus..useless now too? Does Jackal's wipe out THAT much and cause me to go elf too !?!?

kentuckyjoe

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It all depends on if you have Meditation or Focus on your template. If you have Meditation, then the Jackals does lessen the effectiveness of your MR and Meditation skill. If you have Focus, then the Jackals does not effect your MR.

I run an ABC archer that uses Focus and the Jackals and have no problem with it. With GM Focus and the Ring of the Vile mixed in, I never have a problem with stamina. I think I have 9 MR and around 35 LMC on the suit so mana is never a problem either unless I get Mana Vamped by something since I don't have Resisting Spells.

Personally, all of my characters are Elves except for my crafter. I prefer the 20 extra mana over JoAT anyday.

S

Seismic

It all depends on if you have Meditation or Focus on your template. If you have Meditation, then the Jackals does lessen the effectiveness of your MR and Meditation skill. If you have Focus, then the Jackals does not effect your MR.

I run an ABC archer that uses Focus and the Jackals and have no problem with it. With GM Focus and the Ring of the Vile mixed in, I never have a problem with stamina. I think I have 9 MR and around 35 LMC on the suit so mana is never a problem either unless I get Mana Vamped by something since I don't have Resisting Spells.

Personally, all of my characters are Elves except for my crafter. I prefer the 20 extra mana over JoAT anyday.
I have neither Focus nor Meditation on my template since I rely on JoAT.

So does Jackal's (or any single piece of non meddable armor) LESSEN the passive MR affect from the JoAT Med bonus AND suit MR? Or does it NEGATE it completely??

Good FoF question? I am hoping someone knows and can post here, though :)

I just don't want to waste space and money on my suit if MR is completely useless if a single non-medabble item ruins it!!

C

Chaosy

Seismic:

Jackal's does not lessen passive meditation ability on armor with the MR property, however it does negate any MR bonus you have from the 20 med from JAoT.

S

Seismic

Seismic:

Jackal's does not lessen passive meditation ability on armor with the MR property, however it does negate any MR bonus you have from the 20 med from JAoT.
k, that's what I needed - thanks!

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My elf crafter has some MR on his 100% medable suite. As soon as he puts on his non-med mining gloves, I do notice his mana regen slow down. He has 0 meditation & 0 focus.