• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I've lost my house!

• Thread starter Signor Moment
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
S

Signor Moment

Hiya

Feel a bit stupid really. I was messing about with the house placement tool I know not where exactly except I know I was in Trammel. I placed a house, forgot to make a rune, recalled away and now I cannot find location. GM's say they cannot help. Just wondering if any of you guys have a new neighbour called "Bigyin"
If you have, the co-ords would be nice.

Thanks in anticipation.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any chance you remember the rough area? Where did you set out from?
was it a jungly area or wooded, or even swamp? Was there any spawn around? Was there a road in sight?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What kind of house did you place?

I like your name. I suppose you meant "senior moment" tho. ;)

S

Signor Moment

Hiya

I seem to remember being forest interspersed with houses.
Well, it was a senior moment!
Returning player, older but no wiser.

S

Signor Moment

Hiya

The house was really just the base. Approx size 15x16

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which Town did you leave from?

Or Moongate?

Which way did you go?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We'd be happy to help find it, but it's a big land out there. At least some idea where to look would help

S

Signor Moment

Hi Barian

I was just exploring aimlessly really, so I didn't know exactly where I was other than it seemed a safe area to place a house. So safe I can't find it again. I am soo stupid.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But where did you start from? If you started from Yew, it's unlikely we need to check the far side of Vesper for example.

S

Signor Moment

Hi Petra

I know how big the area to search is. I tried a search and locate mission this morning, Minoc, Trinsic, Moonglow, New Magincia.

S

Signor Moment

Hiya all

I remember leaving Brit by use of a rune to the "New Player House". From there I headed NE to moongate where my aimless wandering began. Other than that, I can't tell you much more. Sorry.

Needle in a haystack eh?

Tried opening a ticket thinking that it would be a simple attendance by a GM and a portal to my house. No such luck, keep getting a "do not reply" email saying they cannot help.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember leaving Brit by use of a rune to the "New Player House". From there I headed NE to moongate where my aimless wandering began. Other than that, I can't tell you much more. Sorry.
Eek... unless you also know which moongate you came OUT of after going in to that one, this is going to be difficult...

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya all

Needle in a haystack eh?

Tried opening a ticket thinking that it would be a simple attendance by a GM and a portal to my house. No such luck, keep getting a "do not reply" email saying they cannot help.
Signor, did you run into Irvyn and I (Aron Swordmaster) chatting in the Councillors Hall late last night?

When you said "New Player House", I'm thinking if it was your Young we saw, it was a Duchy of Trinsic rune you were given for their new player Library, so you'd have gone from Britain to the outskirts of Trinsic, and probably hit either the Britain Moongate again (which is the next one North of Trinsic itself) or you wandered up to the Trinsic gate (which is south of the city, but if the library was also south...).

I quickly logged into UO now to pass the message on and point them to this thread, and Irvyn's guild and Escaflowne will probably try to help you further if you are about. Make sure you are into General chat to co-ordinate, or go back to the councillors hall as I believe they are due to have a debate at 8pm UK tonight (5pm at time of posting) again... that could perhaps be tonight's test! Prove how helpful you can be to Britannia's lost souls!

I can't make it I'm afraid, I'm off to an office party. But if you are still missing a home over the weekend, I'll comb the lands quickly for blank plots tomorrow.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sure the char name was Bigyin? Found lots of blank plots with different names :)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i've looked all over Trinsic Jungles and a bit east of trinsic but cant find it anywhere

S

Signor Moment

Hiya

Yes Character name was Bigyin. I purchase items from "New Player house", repair deeds, recall scrolls etc.
Thank you for all your trouble, but could have been avoided if I had just marked a rune. DOH!!!

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sure it will turn up eventually or else you'll just have to wait 6-7 days and place another. If you don't have alot of gold to do that i'll give you a few mil matey :)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In other news i've found a nice little spot for a fair sized plot just now on my travels :)

S

Signor Moment

Hi Escaflowne

Thank you very much for your kind offer. I will probably come across it eventually. If not, I would probably have enough cash in another 6 days anyways. Thank again though.
I really appreciate that.

Kind regards

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i have no idea where you put that house mate lol, ran up to brit and skara and checked new paws swamp but cant find it anywhere :p Possible it might have slipt my sight, so many houses lol.

Good luck though!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So......where is it?

I was just about to check out the Yew area........

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So......where is it?

I was just about to check out the Yew area........
NE of Compassion desert. 79 59 N 48 47 E

When you get online, shout in General chat - Curunir has a few runes marked for you.

I

Irvyn

Duchy of Trinsic rune you were given for their new player Library
Not ours! It's this one run by Minerva Foxglove, completely independent of Trinsic except that it's by the moongate. It's an excellent resource and I always advise new players to go there :)

Glad your house was found Signor Moment (great name ;) ). I suffer from senior moments a lot, especially since I'm (allegedly) 102 ....

K

Kayne

Irvyn - at least 102 :p

Glad the house was found. Gave a few people an excuse to go exploring

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Panda was really lucky to stumble upon the spot quite soon after starting to explore the lands. However, she doesn´t have any magery skills - so she couldn´t mark runes, neither did she bring a sextant so she could write down the co-ordinates (doh!). Luckily Curunir was able to help out with that :) .

Anyways, welcome back to the game and have fun in your new house! :grouphug:

S

Signor Moment

Hiya all

I will contact Curunir in game for the rune. Anyway first things first.
My heartfelt thanks go out to all of you for your efforts and offers of such generosity. I don't think I,ll make that mistake of not marking a rune again, or will I???

Once again my many thanks to you all.

Now where did I put that game password???

:grouphug:

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will contact Curunir in game for the rune.
I'll be about on and off through today, but if you don't catch me in-game either message me here, or if you use it my ICQ is 50812389.

Following an excellent suggestion from Mapper - there's a runebook at my place, set for anyone to use, with runes to your house - it's one of the houses just by Yew abbey. If you don't catch me, at least it means you can get there easily, and when we do meet I'll hand you the runebook too ;)

Saphireena

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aww what a cute thread. Really heartwarming to see how everyone helped ya out like that and what's best, that the house was finally found woohoo! That will definitely be something to tell the grandchildren about... "And one time yer granny/gramps lost a whole house!" *grins*