• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

I've had enough changes, thank you!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Here we go again. Stratics is changing its face/functionality again, the game keeps changing as well, and after buying a computer with Windows 8 (because there was no other option at the time), I had to upgrade to 8.1, and am now looking at more changes with the upcoming move to Windows 10. In addition, the government (both federal and local) keeps tossing out more and more changes, healthcare companies (like the one I'm signed up with) get bought out by other healthcare companies and their rates/services change; not to mention the world is changing - always for the worse - more and more each day.

I hate change! I detest change! I loathe change!

:yell:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, on the bright side there is always one thing that will never change no matter what happens in the universe.

That one constant is: Things will always change. :D

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If things didn't change we would still be going around wearing leaves to cover our private parts and living in caves.

As for a new operating system you can always change to windows 7. First thing I did was remove windows 8 and go back to 7. I'm looking forward to 10 though.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
whiterabbit aka Ozog, I love you... :hug:

Captn Norrington, I love you but... :pie:

DJAd, I love you, too, but I'm not sure wearing fig leaves or living in caves would have been such a bad idea (before the serpent arrived, anyway); and if you can tell me how you change to Windows 7 on a computer that was effectively (and figuratively) conceived and born with Windows 8, I'd like to know. :hula:

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Here we go again. Stratics is changing its face/functionality again, the game keeps changing as well, and after buying a computer with Windows 8 (because there was no other option at the time), I had to upgrade to 8.1, and am now looking at more changes with the upcoming move to Windows 10. In addition, the government (both federal and local) keeps tossing out more and more changes, healthcare companies (like the one I'm signed up with) get bought out by other healthcare companies and their rates/services change; not to mention the world is changing - always for the worse - more and more each day.

I hate change! I detest change! I loathe change!

:yell:

I get that, I really do. I also know there's been a lot of change on the site in past year, but we're heading towards what should be the end of the BIG changes. A lot of this has been a learning process for the Owner @Ron Bron and for the staff adjusting to his style of leadership and management, and most importantly his vision. I've been through 3 ownership changes as part of the Stratics Staff, and there's always been some change, but yes nothing like this. I've spent most of the past year helping through either assisting with testing or acting as a sounding board and playing devils advocate when it comes to the changes that have been made and are still in the process of happening and through it all there has been one resounding theme to all the talks, testing, and outlining. What can we do that will ultimately benefit and improve the way the community enjoys the site, promote community interactions, create site growth, enhance functionality, ensure sustainability, and improve usability. We've discussed short and long term, from how can we get the community more active, to what to do when UO shuts down at some distant date, all so that we can have a plan in place and create a community focused environment that will hopefully last much longer than the game it is dedicated to does. And we regularly discuss feedback from the community and the staff, so please don't think we're doing this with no regard to you or the community at large we're doing quite the opposite. Unfortunately to do some of the things we want to improve the site in multiple ways, changes are needed, and wanted to let you know the changes that have been going in weren't considered lightly they are the result of months of discussion, research, more discussion, and planning.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I get that, I really do. I also know there's been a lot of change on the site in past year, but we're heading towards what should be the end of the BIG changes. A lot of this has been a learning process for the Owner @Ron Bron and for the staff adjusting to his style of leadership and management, and most importantly his vision. I've been through 3 ownership changes as part of the Stratics Staff, and there's always been some change, but yes nothing like this. I've spent most of the past year helping through either assisting with testing or acting as a sounding board and playing devils advocate when it comes to the changes that have been made and are still in the process of happening and through it all there has been one resounding theme to all the talks, testing, and outlining. What can we do that will ultimately benefit and improve the way the community enjoys the site, promote community interactions, create site growth, enhance functionality, ensure sustainability, and improve usability. We've discussed short and long term, from how can we get the community more active, to what to do when UO shuts down at some distant date, all so that we can have a plan in place and create a community focused environment that will hopefully last much longer than the game it is dedicated to does. And we regularly discuss feedback from the community and the staff, so please don't think we're doing this with no regard to you or the community at large we're doing quite the opposite. Unfortunately to do some of the things we want to improve the site in multiple ways, changes are needed, and wanted to let you know the changes that have been going in weren't considered lightly they are the result of months of discussion, research, more discussion, and planning.
Thanks, Nexus. I hope no one took my rant in a personal way, as that was not my intention. I realize we're all trapped in a technological hamster wheel, so to speak, where ongoing change has become the norm. When I was young change was exciting; but these days, my perspective (and opinion of change) has.... omg.... changed. o_O