• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Government It's Voting Time! Who's Running?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Only two cities are contested for the current election cycle. Skara Brae has two candidates: incumbent Tina and newcomer Pameleigha. Meanwhile, incumbent Lauren faces a challenge from notorious pirate and enemy of the crown Holly Bloodhand.

Incumbents Murdock Redbone of Britain, Phoenix of Trinsic, Ivy of Vesper, and Tehan of Yew all run uncontested.

In an interesting turn of events, Governors Victor II of Minoc, Scabby of Jhelom, and Gareth of New Magincia did not run for re-election. This opened the door for uncontested guaranteed victories for newcomer Naitch in Minoc and for Holly Bloodhand in both Jhelom and New Magincia.

[xtable=border:1|664x184]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}CITY{/td}
{td}CANDIDATE{/td}
{td}GUILD{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Britain{/td}
{td}Murdock Redbone (incumbent){/td}
{td}The Citizens of Historic Dragons Watch{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Jhelom{/td}
{td}Holly Bloodhand {/td}
{td}Crimson Fist of Mazrim{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Minoc{/td}
{td}Naitch{/td}
{td}Shadows of Silvervale{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Moonglow{/td}
{td}Lauren (incumbent){/td}
{td}The Citizens of Historic Dragons Watch {/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}Holly Bloodhand{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}New Magincia{/td}
{td}Holly Bloodhand{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Skara Brae{/td}
{td}Tina (incumbent){/td}
{td}Lord's and Lady's of Camelot{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td}Pameleigha{/td}
{td}Meoow{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Trinsic{/td}
{td}Phoenix (incumbent){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Vesper{/td}
{td}Ivy (incumbent){/td}
{td}Northeast Coast Cooperative{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Yew{/td}
{td}Tehan (incumbent){/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
that's some savvy political maneuvering by the pirates...

political apathy creates a vacuum which, apparently, the pirates have exploited to their advantage.

*** and I am an undecided non voter :)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Boo! Mees not knows it wuz time to run. Bah mees wuz no goos gubnor anyways.

Scabby

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Boo! Mees not knows it wuz time to run. Bah mees wuz no goos gubnor anyways.

Scabby
I hear the goblins have allied with Holly. Maybe she'll make you her lieutenant!

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I wasnt aware wanted criminals were allowed to apply for governorship. Clearly the King has lost control over his realm.
It seems she's going for the islands--Nujel'm must not be enough for her. Since no one was running in two of the three island cities, it seems she was able to sieze enough power there (buy off some guards, perhaps?) to stroll right up to the bank and put her name on the stone. Amazing.

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems she's going for the islands--Nujel'm must not be enough for her. Since no one was running in two of the three island cities, it seems she was able to sieze enough power there (buy off some guards, perhaps?) to stroll right up to the bank and put her name on the stone. Amazing.
I am not amazed. I want to see those guards hanging, and the King remove her name from the stones. Or at the very least invalidate her candidacy.

Its time His Majesty got off His Royal Where-The-Sun-Never-Shines-ness and actively pursue and terminate that threat once and for all.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is sad, the game is so dead! Poor chessy suffers :( at least it's retained its small RP group. Time to merge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murdock

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
hmm , with the threat growing it may be time to hire some loyal subjects to watch our backs at the counsel meetings.

Also,Holly is clearly trying to consolidate her power, most likely preparing to soon move against the remaining upstanding Governors and their lands.

be on your guard my friends.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't think anyone running on Chessy is overly worried about votes but ya never know. We rarely, if ever, had election drama here. :grouphug:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can 1 character be Governor of 3 cities?
Because chessy is so dead they have someone running on 3 different accounts! Legit system...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhatNowAnotherNerf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Tina re-elected in Skara Brae ( Chesapeake).

Tina would like to thank those who came out and voted. In her last 2 terms as Governor the Treasury has grown from 25 million gold to more than 160 million. The appointment of a diligent Trade minister and tireless work by the Governor, staff and loyal citizens resulted in the completion of more than 2500 trade missions in less than one year. Skara Brae will continue to flourish and Governor Tina will be presenting plans and a request for the building of a new Light House to guide ships into the harbor at the next meeting with the King. Our goal for this term will be a treasury of 250 million gold, Completion of our 4000th trade deal and the completion and installation of the light house in Skara Brae. A celebration will be scheduled in the next 2 weeks and all are invited to attend! Thank you again on behalf of Governor Tina! (Tina will also be available to attend meetings with the King or else she will be in trouble!)

WhatNowAnotherNerf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I am not amazed. I want to see those guards hanging, and the King remove her name from the stones. Or at the very least invalidate her candidacy.

Its time His Majesty got off His Royal Where-The-Sun-Never-Shines-ness and actively pursue and terminate that threat once and for all.
Skara Brae will gladly offer the aide of 2 warships to combat Holly and her thugs. My bow aches to sing her name!

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Sheesh, had I known that so many of the governorships were held more or less by the same person, I'd have thrown my hat into the ring.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
There has never been more than one governorship per person before. This election is a first for Chessy :(

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This situation is indeed a travesty, and a mockery of the gubernatorial process. It is a shame that the likes of Holly Bloodhand--a known pirate declared an enemy of the Crown by the King himself after her last ambitious move in Britannia saw her seize power in Vesper, Minoc, and Cove--could even reach the city stones in any Britannian cities to etch her name on them, let alone win unopposed.

I strongly recommend that any parties who are as appalled with this situation as I am attend the next Council meeting to address the King, who surely will not back this nefarious scoundrel. However, if none are willing to step up to leadership in the clearly troubled cities in which she has seized power, the King may have difficulty dislodging her forces permanently. I hope that some willing and able candidates step forward soon. As governor of Vesper and long-time enemy of Holly Bloodhand, I offer my support to any virtuous individuals willing to take on the dangerous task of challenging Bloodhand.

Governor Ivy Covedweller of Vesper

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This situation is indeed a travesty, and a mockery of the gubernatorial process. It is a shame that the likes of Holly Bloodhand--a known pirate declared an enemy of the Crown by the King himself after her last ambitious move in Britannia saw her seize power in Vesper, Minoc, and Cove--could even reach the city stones in any Britannian cities to etch her name on them, let alone win unopposed.

I strongly recommend that any parties who are as appalled with this situation as I am attend the next Council meeting to address the King, who surely will not back this nefarious scoundrel. However, if none are willing to step up to leadership in the clearly troubled cities in which she has seized power, the King may have difficulty dislodging her forces permanently. I hope that some willing and able candidates step forward soon. As governor of Vesper and long-time enemy of Holly Bloodhand, I offer my support to any virtuous individuals willing to take on the dangerous task of challenging Bloodhand.

Governor Ivy Covedweller of Vesper
I am writing an official protest to be sent to the King at this very moment. I call for a boycott of the Governor Council until the situation has been resolved. In the past few months, this vilainous pirate, Holly Bloodhand has seized power in several cities, has commited many crimes including attempted murder on my very person. In his very own castle, the King has let prisonners escape, someone even got murdered in the council room before the Governors.

Therefore, I will not endanger myself by attending the meetings, while these security issues are not dealt with, and law and order is enforced in the King's very own courtyard.

I hereby declare martial law in the City of Yew. A curfew will be in effect, the borders will be sealed and the shores will be patrolled until Holly Bloodhand is arrested and trialed, or terminated.

Lord Tehan, Governor of Yew.

TehanChesapeake

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.. What happened at the meeting last night ?

Has the King decided to take action against Holly Bloodhand ?

I noticed the RBG has settled a beachhead on Pitmuck, south east of the island. Theres is a declaration lying there encouraging the goblins to reunite with all Britanians.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Yeah!
That Pirate threatened me!
Said if I ran for reelection she would cut off my house decorating tool fingers...

*Loads up the Gypsy Wagons with his bribe and drops his governor badge on the sandy road*

(Decided not to run for reelection since I can't commit the time and effort the position and council deserves)
Holly, please don't blow up my "house decorations" as for the house, fair game :)