• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's suspiciously quiet in here... (babble thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TB? I thought that disease was long gone. Hope you get better soon Fluffi.

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Peelydad the second? Hehe - my congrats.

Arent there a lot of Parents playing UO? So why shouldn't you? :p

Seriously - my best wishes for you and your family, Peely :)

and everybody else? *looks around*
hello Serafi - where is everybody else then?

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could someone let me know what happened to Rilla's Gypsy Wagon? Is it just...gone?

I worked so hard to have it restored after the rubbling of Magincia. Draconi himself restored it for us and said he would do all he could to protect old unique sites such as Rilla's.

A search on Rilla and Gypsy Wagon produced only ancient story arcs and events, some of which I attended. Surely it cannot have gone without some oldies saying something?

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The present dev team just doesn't "get" it any more. Probably the majority of players now are quite happy playing a different game from the one I loved.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could someone let me know what happened to Rilla's Gypsy Wagon? Is it just...gone?

I worked so hard to have it restored after the rubbling of Magincia. Draconi himself restored it for us and said he would do all he could to protect old unique sites such as Rilla's.

A search on Rilla and Gypsy Wagon produced only ancient story arcs and events, some of which I attended. Surely it cannot have gone without some oldies saying something?

I don't currently play UO , but if the wagon has really gone, then there is not a great chance of me coming back; not because its' absence is a game-breaking matter, but because it is indicative of an attitude.

If the current development team can't be bothered with a (trivial) piece of history that one of their predecessors cared about, how can I expect them to care about all the other issues in UO that really matter.

*waves to all the old folks*

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rebuilding Magincia Event Destroyed Seer Building

I'm not ashamed to say I cried when I saw Rilla's was gone. Again, dammit.

I hear you, Fluffi. It's not that it's gone so much as the complete lack of care for something of historical value to the shard.

Although my accounts have been open, I've only recently been in game for the first time in years. While I have unwaivering love for my friends & guildmates, I'm undecided about whether I want to play UO anymore.

My daughter, now 8yrs old, quite literally came about because of UO. The beautiful memories are in deep conflict with the game I see today.

I always said I'd be here to switch out the lights. Yet. For the first time in 13yrs, I'm not sufficiently attached to anything in any of my houses to actually worry about letting them go idoc.

Pets, yes, I'd miss those. Stuff, pfft. Stuff never did mean much to me beyond preserving some pieces of Europa and UO history. Since that doesn't seem to mean much to many beyond a resale price, maybe UO isn't for me anymore. *shrugs*

Fluffi, feel better, and keep ignoring Aran's advice.:hug:

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are exactly right, Fluff. It is precisely that attitude to the way that the game has developed and acquired a lot of uniqueness over the years, quirks and memories, that means my houses are sitting there without being opened and the air let in.
Anyway, get well soon!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure what happened to the historic stuff :( I know Mesanna's set herself a hell of a task to replace the lost rubble. She's got to got through back ups of every shard checking individual player's inventories to see if they had the rubble they claim to have lost then somehow get replacement pieces to the player on the live shard. Not a 5 minute job.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure what happened to the historic stuff :( I know Mesanna's set herself a hell of a task to replace the lost rubble. She's got to got through back ups of every shard checking individual player's inventories to see if they had the rubble they claim to have lost then somehow get replacement pieces to the player on the live shard. Not a 5 minute job.
During the planning stages of what would become the Rubbling of Magincia event, the Community Co-ordinator (whose name totally escapes me right now, but she moved over from DAoC) created a thread in UHall requesting info from all shards regarding their unique, historical locations.

Screenshots and map co ordinates were requested. These locations were documented. Rilla Takhista's was duly documented because I did it. Because of this, when it fell in error due to simple human error (they forgot to make it immune), Draconi was able to restore it for us.

Because Draconi was better at blowing stuff up than restoring them, the pics I linked in an earlier post were small corrections (eg, the dart board slipped down a floor, the tankards were suspended in mid air rather than placed on the bar, etc) - Corrections he had requested from me, but apparently never had time to implement. Heck, I was just grateful we had Rilla's back, the small stuff could always be fixed at a later date.

Petra, this isn't Mesanna's fault. She's a force of nature and no one can question her dedication or the insane hours she puts in because she cares. I cannot even blame any of the Developers.

It's the suits cutting back the Dev team to less than bare bones so that even when they DID mention 10-13yr old unique buildings/features in game which would be destroyed by the rebuilding of Magincia event that the Devs were overruled and the unique buildings/features discounted as an unecessary complication.

The first time, they asked and received the unique buildings/features information and they acted upon it to preserve them all (and fix their mistake in our case). This time, there was no such care - the Devs were not even permitted to work on the information they already had.

I can't bring back Rilla's, and the fact is neither can Mesanna if only because there will soon be a house on its old location (if there isn't one already).

Of course, the short answer to all the above is simply: Straws and camel's backs, Petra.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:( aye.

What they want to do and what they're allowed to do are a very long way from the same thing.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooooo......a new Babbler

Welcome welcome

Tea?

Biscuit?

:thumbsup:

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning! Two parties in two days, and now seriously in need of a long walk up on the moors where we will see nobody else for miles!

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are probably talking about different moors, so that doesn't matter.

Saunders is an "Oooh aaar; Oi got a bran-new comboin 'aaarvester." south-western type; whereas we all know that all real moors are up-north, in the land of flat-caps and whippets.

*snuggles Saunders whilst waiting for the "shut up; Welsh-git" abuse*

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm afraid I'm geographically challenged (being half-yank and all, it's expected). I actually meant the Devon & Cornwall moors rather than the proper 'eathcliff type moors up t'north. Like I said, should be safe now though, half-life of wee being, oh, at least a quarter that of uranium. Or sommat.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In that case we should kidnap Fluff and drag him up to the "oo-arr, comboin 'aaaaaaaaarvester" moors for a healing snuggle in the damp but clean air?

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong moor Petra.

They're talking about "hound of the Baskervilles" moor, rather than the place with a swastika stone.

Do try to keep-up with the conversation. ;)

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There should be some sort of cleaning service in UO. I compose a list of requirements for keeps and it's get done. Wouldn't it be lovely?

Organisation is not a skill got that's for sure!

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There should be some sort of cleaning service in UO. I compose a list of requirements for keeps and it's get done. Wouldn't it be lovely?

Organisation is not a skill got that's for sure!
*fails to see where moors are involved*

(unless Othello is now offering a cleaning service)

*big shrug*

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Wouldn't it be lovely" is a number from that new musical "My Fair Moor", a mash-up of Othello and Pygmalion.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I want is a room somewhere
far away from the cold night air
with one enormous chair
oh wouldn't it be lovely.

Failing that I'll hide in here away from UHall

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it's certainly enormous! :)

We should make that the naughty chair. By the time they've climbed up, sat for the appropriate amount of time and climbed back down, we should have had a nice patch of peace and quiet. And, not only is it big enough to seat ALL of the naughty people, if we're lucky, they'll push each other off!

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We should make that the naughty chair. By the time they've climbed up, sat for the appropriate amount of time and climbed back down, we should have had a nice patch of peace and quiet. And, not only is it big enough to seat ALL of the naughty people, if we're lucky, they'll push each other off!
Can Skype be the first we send to sit on it?
It's broken, and I'm lonely :(

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can Skype be the first we send to sit on it?
It's broken, and I'm lonely :(

Awww. It's playin silly buggers for everyone today. There are business meetings up and down the country not happening because Skype is sat in the corner sulking!

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is Skype?

Is it catching?

:pie:

Is this a new smiley?

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skype is a magical world of letters and numbers, that serves as a cautionary tale to all those that would complain of latency of mere milliseconds.

I notice the pie a few weeks ago, and since then it has been haunting my attempts to reply to threads.
So it is new, but not super-new.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is Skype?

Is it catching?

:pie:

Is this a new smiley?

Skype is the wonderful way us staff folks keep up with what's going on without having to trawl every single forum. So when we know what you've been up to almost before you've actually been up to it, Skype is the reason why!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I has evicted the horsie from the stall at the AMT and turned it into a still room. One keg of Angry's whiskey and one keg of Mongbat brandy now maturing.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brandy made from Mongbats........eeeeuwwww....

wait.........you did what to Angry ???

:twak:

Nilrem

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the sounds of it she pulled his whiskers off, he was really proud of them:p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no no, White Horse Whisky isn't made from white horses is it?
I'm a bit absent atm, we've been moving house. Still getting the new place spick and span and unpacking atm

H

HeMan

Well last i heard He Man was not there to save it and that She ra so weak! she could do nothing to help it ! and yes i am back :p

Status
Not open for further replies.