• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's suspiciously quiet in here... (babble thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't been misplaced, I've had visiting parents and been camping!

A couple of pics :)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We've seen some dolphins a few weeks ago at Orford Ness *fond memories*

Ello all and misplaced ones!

We have a new "security" system at the office now, which means that I can not access Stratics anymore while at work, since it is identified as "game related". Bugger ... those IT people are complete spoil-sports!!!

:sad3:

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waving from an isolated Campanile near Troyes, after an enforced abstinence from internets

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waving back surpressing the pain from an acute laryngitis*

:stretcher:

Ohhh, ouchies :(

Some things that might help

Manuka honey (either by the teaspoon or in a warm, not boiling, drink)
Gargling with salt water 3 times a day
Taking echinacea, a herb that boosts your immune system
Lozenges, to help prevent your throat from drying

Hope you feel better soon :)

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the tips ... it is slowly getting better.

Been to the throat-doctor today. One of my vocal chords is inflamed and that's what's causing all this. Lots of liquids, resting my voice (does that mean I will never sing opera again? lucky others *g*), a healthy portion of penicillin (apparently my doctor likes that stuff) and I should be sorted out in a week or so. Honey and hot tea is nice though, so I am sticking with that :) I tried herbal coughing syrup last week, didn't do anything.

Oh, and can I not have a long camera-thingie down my nose deep into my throat again anywhen soon, please. It's horrible!!

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But the doctor person wanted photos of your cute larynx!

Seriously, ouchies. I had one of those following some thyroid problems and it did hurt. Rest lots, and get well soon!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I should have asked for prints of those photos? errr ... nope, I am too squeamish for that kind of stuff *g*

Ah well, I guess it is time to rest and dig up some more treasure chests ... it's soo relaxing now that the guardians are even meaner than they were before *g*

:gee:

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning John and healthy people: hoping that all people are healthy now.

t's weirdly humid this weekend. My newly washed towels are taking so long to dry I think they will smell like old ones and need washing again.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lo all. I've had the dubious pleasure of having my throat looked at too. Not something I'm anxious to experience again any time soon.

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afternoon (or middle of the night) all and throats.

I've been gone a while again, despite making some surprise guest appearances. Came back today for a bit and got a bottle of serpentwyne! Yay! I much prefer the cerebral events to the "Here are 4 paragon balrons. They will be wearing your entrails as a hat in five seconds" events :)

Oh, and following on from several months back, when I was here more often... I now have my greencard! I'm a legal alien :)

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Took a 3 month break from UO. Forgotten that my UO house looks like my rl apartment times ten.

Anyone got some storage to rent out? Or a Don't let your stuff own you-kinda handbook?

T

Tazar

Anyone got some storage to rent out? Or a Don't let your stuff own you-kinda handbook?
Just wait a few months till the new booster pack comes out... it comes with another 20% house and bank storage increase for all the pack-rats like me.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Took a 3 month break from UO. Forgotten that my UO house looks like my rl apartment times ten.

Can`t help you with the storage, but I do have a handbook for you!
Check out Hawkeye Pike`s organization skills.

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night was insane!

Got myself a mage a while back. Never really played one but scrolled him up and did grind up his skills without too much combat. Sorted out a suit and then I let him be for a while.

Yesterday I got the itch. I wanted to try him out. So I did some research on Stratics. Navrey sounds like fun. Me running around trying to find my way in the Abyss must have been fun to watch too.

Finally I found the place. Were a tamer or and others around. I made sure I had everyones bar up and gave it a go. The first two were a bit messy and didn't heal as much as I could have. I still had to doublecheck I did heal and not Flamestrike at times. Was nice but had to log.

A little while later I decided to try again. Another headless chicken run in the Abyss. This time 2-3 tamers with GDs around. Up with everyones bar. More Xhealing GDs this time. Flamestriking like crazy when the bars looks okay.

I must have messed up the RNG. Cause after 7-8 Navreys I have two tangles. I feel kinda bad for everyone thats been down there a while.

I do love my new mage though. And from someone who's played a dexxer or tamer before I feel kinda nekkid when monsters target me and I have to use magery to fend them off. But then again, I'm an eternal noob so I am sure that feeling will last a long time.

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats to the tangles! The RNG gods really must´ve taken a fancy to you :D. Got my tangle on spider number 88 - and I´m still happy as a clam about it.

Good luck with your new mage as well. I recognise myself in your situation - but the other way round. Started out with a mage, and rarely played another template for over a year afterwards. Then when I started out my tamer and archer I was at a loss. I still keep forgetting how to use pet command macros on my, now legendary tamer, and if you ever run into an archer that think mage tactics is the way to go, that will be me (and yes, you will meet her, since she´s in saor).

Feels good to be back in the babble thread again. Have been neglecting the boards lately... Anyways, good babbling to ya all!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are gooseless :( Our neighbour hunts with a Harris Hawk and brought us a goose the other day. So we hung it in the shed, since it takes a couple of days. Went out to get it to pluck it today and he's been back to get the bits the hawk is allowed to eat, leaving a gaping hole in the chest and a 'gone off' goose :( I was really looking forward to a wild goose dinner as well.

Well done on the tangles Largan, I didn't realise you'd got two, you jammy git!

Largan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh looking forward to seeing you then AyaraBlue!

Yeah, I managed to get another one after you logged off Cail :)

Saw alot of what I assume is necromages and mystmages. Am I wierd that I already consider to redo my temp and drop the wrestling off my mage. Most of the time I still seem to build up and train temps and not so much playing.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love looking at this thread, and seeing Barian's "I forgive you" flash up as first post on the page.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could I take a moment to have a tiny moan at Cail for locking the auction thread before I had a chance to :bowdown: to PsychO for his edit to the smiley.

:twak:

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could I take a moment to have a tiny moan at Cail for locking the auction thread before I had a chance to :bowdown: to PsychO for his edit to the smiley.

:twak:

Now, let's see people respond to this without getting into a "discussing moderators actions" conversation.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was an interesting edit, and I'm sure we'll see it again some time. :)

Night

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning :grouphug:

Finally managed to buy myself a dread warhorse \o/

*note to self* must not take breaks from UO !

Night

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Petra :)

Just need to resist taking the horsie out and playing with it now before it's bonded ...

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my original and first char, with a 99 month account, I have just reached Legendary Tailoring!
*happy dance*

C

Coppelia

Hello!

Always nice to come back again and again. I've tried the new treasure hunting system this week-end, and it's rather fun. :thumbup:

Once I understood how to find where the treasure is with enough precision, I started to dig out a few tin cans. The new loot is nice. Even on low level maps, there's decent stuff. Well, of course I get the best alacrity scroll of all time. Of all time!

But anyway, it's really fun to find treasures everywhere, like on a beach.

I'm sorry for the littering of local maps, but it's really helpful :p

I even got essences of feeling and stuff on lvl 2 maps! It's great, even my "fisher-carto-lockpicker with a bit of this skill and a bit of that one and oops I forgot to give her a skill to kill stuff" got some love. :heart:

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
780 posts.

Nearly 24,500 views.

Aren't we due for a shiny, new, autumnal babble thread?

(I only ask 'cos it's been ages since I made a "yay! first page" post.)

:eyes:

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If we posted more and made a really long babble thread, then cail would be forced to start a shiny new one!
Be loquacious, peeps!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
apologies for neglect.
Has anyone got a couple of hours to spare? I could do with buying a few to add to my day, there aren't enough in mine to do all I want to do.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could sell you a few hours of cat, if you like. Ours have rehearsed sleeping so much that I am sure they have it down to a fine art, and could get done all they need in half the time.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hands off my hours!!! :gun: 2:30am again, which was totally not the plan, says it all really... If it wasn't said already without words by my loooooooong silence in this thread! :eek: :sad4:
Good night all!! Have a great Tuesday!!

Night

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waves from Jamaica*

logs in to do some UO stuff that works with dodgy connection ...

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello folks.
God this forum is slow as allways, takes like a minute to open a thread....

How are you Sue? Could you please PM me a link to the guild boards if im still welcome to vissit you on the intrawebz.

Anyway have the upgraded the loot in the Treasure Chests? Nice addition if som Finally a reason to do them :eyes:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello folks.
God this forum is slow as allways, takes like a minute to open a thread....

How are you Sue? Could you please PM me a link to the guild boards if im still welcome to vissit you on the intrawebz.

Anyway have the upgraded the loot in the Treasure Chests? Nice addition if som Finally a reason to do them :eyes:

I'm good hon, busy as always. Check your PM's - or even just log into MSN occasionally :p

MIB's have been upgraded too, and I could see you having a blast with the new expansion pack; ships, cannons, pirates, it's great fun :)

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm good hon, busy as always. Check your PM's - or even just log into MSN occasionally :p

MIB's have been upgraded too, and I could see you having a blast with the new expansion pack; ships, cannons, pirates, it's great fun :)
Good to hear that your alive! Im actually DL'ing the client right now.
Dont know if i can be arsed to play yet though. I didnt follow you advice(as allways) so my houses went poof :p

Anyway FL'ing it is a start

Status
Not open for further replies.