• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Its "After July" now - What changes do we want?

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs promised us some serious dev time to improve the situation on Siege "after July" and we are 9 days into August. Do we have a list of changes to present? If we haven't put that together, its high time we get it done!

What do we want?

John Connelly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs promised us some serious dev time to improve the situation on Siege "after July" and we are 9 days into August. Do we have a list of changes to present? If we haven't put that together, its high time we get it done!

What do we want?
We have been through this too often. Lists of changes have been made. Opening this up to further discussion is not the way to go. Let Bruin make the decisions, he has our input.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ability to place a Siege house and a Prodo house on the same account.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have been through this too often. Lists of changes have been made. Opening this up to further discussion is not the way to go. Let Bruin make the decisions, he has our input.
I'm fine with Bruin making the decisions, but I am unaware that he has a list to submit. A number of the things we discussed were shot down by Cal and were deemed not doable, so I'd be curious what is on this list you speak of and whether or not it has been submitted. To the best of my recollection we have only discussed "low hanging fruit" that was to be submitted.

Yeah, I'd like some further discussion since I am currently in the dark.

John Connelly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I'd like some further discussion since I am currently in the dark.
OK, so we are back to square one then. Here is my initial list.

Allow people from other shards to have a second house on Siege. Limit the size (maybe 8x8) or small classic house. It would be better if they had to refresh it once a week or it goes IDOC.

Switch on cursed arti event.

I think the increase in SOTs and alacrities from T maps will prove to be a boost for fast skill increase but if this does not prove to be so, switch on blackrock gains.

Allow one way character transfer to Siege of naked characters. No clothing, pets, empty backpack and empty bank box.

Do not touch stealth just because some people are inflexible and will not change their templates to get the skills to counteract it.

Maybe something interesting will come out of the promised producer's notes.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we resubmit the list of low hanging fruit? Can someone tell us what was on our previous list(s) of suggestions and what was shot down? If I remember correctly, wasn't the second house idea shot down?

How about advanced char tokens on Siege? They were here once, so if they tell us that is not possible I will call shenanigans.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is the link to the old low-hanging fruit thread. Didn't one of the developers come right out and say that 2nd house only on Siege wasn't possible because the housing server code was linked to all the shards/accounts, and it was an all-or-none type of thing?

-Skylark

John Connelly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't one of the developers come right out and say that 2nd house only on Siege wasn't possible because the housing server code was linked to all the shards/accounts, and it was an all-or-none type of thing?
Everything is possible, code can be changed. It just depends how much time and effort they are prepared to put in to it.

B

Black magick

Silver prices
Passive detect
cursed arti drops/tokuno drops (with upgraded chance to drop)
1 artifact drop per boss in the gauntlet as well as the peerless
upgrade loot a few notches
Increase imbuing ingredient chance for drop, maybe with a chance for 2 as well
Animal form/flying requires a control slot
2x resources in fel and ilsh
advance character tokens do their purpose
Blackrock gains
another character slot

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Some from my list:

2-3 char slots. Most want to play different templates and different RP. Some may want a blue and a red char. some may want a thief and a good char. Soulstones are nice but 2-3 char slots would be better.

2 x resource/fame on Felucca and 2 x drop of imbuing resources also 2 x seed of renewal from plants and relic from unraving (could come from better artifact drop) This would make imbuing cheaper. We need it to become alot cheaper.

Remove of faction artifacts when price of imbued suits are down to around 25k for basis lrc 100, MR 6, 5 x 60+ resist and maybe 500k for a upper suit that take relic and essence. Then Siege would be fun again, the crafters and farmers would be busy and the PK's and anti PK's would have someone to kill.
Don't lower factions cost!

Remove the limit to co-owners so it work like friends, you can be co-owner to as many houses you want and a house can have more than 8 co-owners. That would make it much easier for us if we could make our own chars and close friends/familie co-owners and then let homeless chars become friend and get a locked chest in a little room in the house where he could lock down a few deco items and feel as home when he can't place here.
I use to gave several living in my castle but I had to changes owner and without the KR client I can't make all my chars to co-owners so sadly I can't help homeless players now. That's very sad.

Maybe a small house that have to be refreshed once a month.

Nerf to stealth, make exp pots and field spells unhide them again.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silver to normal costs like prodo servers.

Cursed artifacts maybe should spawn again on some type of spawn they can create or add them on to T-maps, champ spawns, etc...

2x Resources would be an easy fix..

Housing on both server i can see taking a long time to code in and work for them.

I think we should try to get the quick fixes done that they can do they would most benefit the server for us.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything is possible, code can be changed. It just depends how much time and effort they are prepared to put in to it.
Cal specifically said that housing and char transfers were not going to happen. The way its coded, it cannot be changed...

B

Black magick

Remove of faction artifacts when price of imbued suits are down to around 25k for basis lrc 100, MR 6, 5 x 60+ resist and maybe 500k for a upper suit that take relic and essence. Then Siege would be fun again, the crafters and farmers would be busy and the PK's and anti PK's would have someone to kill.
If they remove faction arties like you are pushing so hard for here's what will happen. All gear that the majority of faction players get from non-faction players will either be faction dyed or trashed. I'm also thinking that a few of us who don't attack people who we don't think can put up a fight will start killing unconditionally. I'm not sure you want that...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Do away with the faction only gear. Fix factions. You can time the current "death" of Siege with the on set of the faction changes.

Factions is so busted that the "kings horses and men" would rather try to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. When the end game of factions became cracker jack toys and nothing else, we lost factions. /rant.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do away with the faction only gear. Fix factions. You can time the current "death" of Siege with the on set of the faction changes.

Factions is so busted that the "kings horses and men" would rather try to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. When the end game of factions became cracker jack toys and nothing else, we lost factions. /rant.
Whats so broke about it? Anyone can participate and get the items. Also, you only need 1 kill point to wear the best gear!!!

Whats holding anyone back?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cursed arti spawn. Leave doom as it is, so if you wanna bless one, you gotta work for it. Also along the same lines, turn ToT back on.
I say all old fel dungeons have cursed arti drop like tot. Give people a new area to hunt.

Second character slot. At this point it doesn't matter in the slightest, what with soulstones losing their delay. Non siegers have asked for this, maybe it would draw some people in.

Do something about faction arties. I say either get rid of them altogether, or don't tie them to individuals (just to factions in general so you could loot and use if you were in any faction), and let anyone farm silver, and have a turn in for silver of faction arties someplace for faction as well as non faction people, that way faction people will still have easy access to items, but the non factioners will have a part to play in the goings on.

Better source of relic frags. I don't know where. Drop them on any abyss creatures, with some rarity. Thats the main problem with imbuing on siege. You gotta do bods to get frags, which is obnoxious.

I think those are the best choices.

Extra resources, meh, its not needed, but would be fine. I think they are plenty easy to get as it is.

As for skill gain, I think we are sitting pretty good right now. I am .4 away from finishing a character I thought was gonna take months more. And thats without the benefit of sots and alac, which should be much much easier to get from this point.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Who are the faction leaders? What is the status of the sigals? Who is the faction tinker? Who is the faction thief? When was the last time you sat in a faction base for more than a few minutes?

Odd thing, I am a mod on the faction forums. It was a dead forum until it was kick started. Yeah, I did that. Now it is dead again. Nothing can revive it until factions is fixed.

When the end game of factions became items instead of community, it was done. Does this sound familiar? It should.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think factions just needs an overhaul in general, but thats not a siege problem, and is unlikely to get fixed on our behalf. :(

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I think factions just needs an overhaul in general, but thats not a siege problem, and is unlikely to get fixed on our behalf. :(
That is gospel. Amen!

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cursed arti spawn. Leave doom as it is, so if you wanna bless one, you gotta work for it. Also along the same lines, turn ToT back on.
I say all old fel dungeons have cursed arti drop like tot. Give people a new area to hunt.

Second character slot. At this point it doesn't matter in the slightest, what with soulstones losing their delay. Non siegers have asked for this, maybe it would draw some people in.

Do something about faction arties. I say either get rid of them altogether, or don't tie them to individuals (just to factions in general so you could loot and use if you were in any faction), and let anyone farm silver, and have a turn in for silver of faction arties someplace for faction as well as non faction people, that way faction people will still have easy access to items, but the non factioners will have a part to play in the goings on.

Better source of relic frags. I don't know where. Drop them on any abyss creatures, with some rarity. Thats the main problem with imbuing on siege. You gotta do bods to get frags, which is obnoxious.

I think those are the best choices.

Extra resources, meh, its not needed, but would be fine. I think they are plenty easy to get as it is.

As for skill gain, I think we are sitting pretty good right now. I am .4 away from finishing a character I thought was gonna take months more. And thats without the benefit of sots and alac, which should be much much easier to get from this point.

Not trying to start an argument here. But why would a non factioneer want to farm silver and participate in "factions" without actually partaking in the factions and choosing a side? Sounds to me like you want all the benefits with none of the risks...

Just my two pennies...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
There are no risks to factions.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want a hamburger. No, cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake. I want potato chips

You'll get nothing, and like it!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I can has cheeseburger?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I will trade you a three legged cat for cheeseburger?

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zrpx4NAtsFQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zrpx4NAtsFQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not trying to start an argument here. But why would a non factioneer want to farm silver and participate in "factions" without actually partaking in the factions and choosing a side? Sounds to me like you want all the benefits with none of the risks...

Just my two pennies...
Cause not everyone pvps, and I am for getting everyone involved. A non pvper non factioner would farm silver for the same reason they farm essences, namely to sell to people who don't want to farm them.

As a non factioner I would be getting none of the benefits, other than another thing to sell to someone. And its not like these items can be farmed in safety. It's also not like I can't join factions, and never pvp a day in my life, just to get the items.

To be clear I don't want anyone not in factions to use faction items, I just want them to be able to provide silver to people who purchase them, which would benefit both sides would it not? More money for me, less pvm farming for you.

Armies have suppliers who don't fight in the battles afterall.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
The failed experiment that is factions is game wide. Trust me, I read more than this forum. What it did to Siege is propel the myth that this is a PvP shard.

If you think Draconi changed the silver price lightly for Siege, think again. It is the only thing keeping it in check.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Seriouly. Turn factions back into a mini game. Then the rest would venture back out.

Until then, keep the silver prices high.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I for one think that factions should be more about controlling land (and how that effects all players. Something more than lame town pricing as well) than just mindless pvp, and goodies given out for it, but it is what it is.

All of the faction revamps still seem pretty far off base to me as well, but heres to hoping they may one day really invest some time in it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Oh, you folks have me started now. Factions has ruined Siege. When factions was just a mini game it was fine. Some tweaks would have been cool. Who ever decided artifacts should be there for the asking... Well. No need to go there.

In my opinion if one guy stepped up and said "stop!"It was Goodgiuy. He may not of even understood... Maybe he did. It is damn clear that you folks that want cheap arties do not.

I say no to cheaper faction arties.

B

Black magick

So lets say no to everything else being obtained easier!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have been here for over eight years. Right now. I would just rather factions be turned off.

H

Hugibear

Silver prices
Passive detect
Blackrock gains
another character slot

Since no one wants to agree with anyone else's idea, I will say this man has it 99% correct.

As for Kelmo saying that factions killed siege, you are wrong. Yes the timing is somewhat close, but siege was dieing before the introduction of the faction arties. When the arties were introduced you saw alot of pvpers, pvping. When this happens it is good for everyone, crafters were making spare pieces of armor, pots, petals, darts, shurikens, and farmers were farming cloth for aids, other things. Then they drove the price of faction arties up. While it was good for some, those of us that dont die as often as others. Those that do die, gave up and quit because it was a waste of there time to farm for 4 hours a suit they would lose in an hour.
I have always believe SA is what killed siege. The combonation of hide/stealth/ninja and no passive detect is what buried siege. The current system is setup for passive detect, yet we dont have it. How is that not broken than? If you compile that with the new and improved tames that came with SA, you will see that shortly after SA is when siege started to die, well before the introduction of faction arties. 95% of the original waka that came here were gone long before the introduction of faction arties, they left mostly from the lameness that is stealth ninja tamers and real life.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*laughs* Yeah... somewhat. We all have an agenda. Factions has killed Siege. There is somewhat of a comeback happening... I only know because I log in and play.

The curent faction rules are just stupid. That is all I have to say about that.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*laughs* Yeah... somewhat. We all have an agenda. Factions has killed Siege. There is somewhat of a comeback happening... I only know because I log in and play.

The curent faction rules are just stupid. That is all I have to say about that.
Most of the new guys I've seen are all in factions... So how did it kill it? the rule set with no updates/innovations is what was killing siege. Now you have limitless gains, more options to other items and you've doubled your people.. Weird.

H

Hugibear

yeah i am trying to follow Kelmo's logic. I was hoping he would back it with something more intelligent. I see it is just his opinion, and because he could never compete in the system it must be broken. That is flawed logic and I hope that the one guy that we do have dealing with the low fruits (which I believe he was referring to us) doesnt think the same way.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You don't get around much do you freesly? Of course many join factions. Why not? It is free, cheap, and easy. There are no obligations to factions anymore.

Farming silver is simple. That is all it takes to be factions anymore. Just farm silver. Not too hard on a dead shard.

I stand by my statement that factions killed Siege. When those changes came 4 of my 5 characters were in factions. Now? I do not give a flip.

Factions is dead.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
yeah i am trying to follow Kelmo's logic. I was hoping he would back it with something more intelligent. I see it is just his opinion, and because he could never compete in the system it must be broken. That is flawed logic and I hope that the one guy that we do have dealing with the low fruits (which I believe he was referring to us) doesnt think the same way.
I did compete in that system. Before it was broken.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
And you faction folks are wondering where everyone is. *chuckles*

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know about "factions ruining Siege"; many things have done that. But I do otherwise agree with Kelmo. I hate factions.

Most PvPers complain about the current item-based game yet subscribe to a system which gives the biggest uber-items of all. If we did not have factions and went back to old-fashioned guild wars then it would be so much better. It would be much more accessible to casual PvPers and provide far more political interest to those who enjoy that sort of thing. One of my happiest memories on Siege was the guild war the WC fought with the aforementioned Waka Clan. Even though we we generally ended up being slaughtered, it was great fun. And I'm no PvPer. As it stands though, there is a huge disconnect between faction people and non-faction. Many WC members would be interested in PvPing as part of a non-faction guild, as we have before.

All these ideas of turning on artifact spawns seem fairly pointless whilst faction items exist, and will just serve to further debase the crafters of the shard by flooding the market with more items.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All these ideas of turning on artifact spawns seem fairly pointless whilst faction items exist, and will just serve to further debase the crafters of the shard by flooding the market with more items.
For people not in factions, it would be helpful. I don't think it would effect crafters much at all, seeing as they can make an overall better suit than one made up of all arties, and without question can make better weapons.

There are only a few arties that are better on their own than than imbued gear (orni and AOF are clear exceptions) but there are many that fit well into suits trying to meet a specific goal, such as skill bonuses, HCI/DCI etc.

People would still want just as much stuff crafted and imbued.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silver prices
Passive detect
Blackrock gains
another character slot
I agree with Black Magick on everything accept blackrock it's not really needed since there is no cap now.

@ Kelmo if it was free cheap and easy everyone would be factions... Truth is you guys cant play UO without your "Guardzone" and thats the reason you want to do away with faction items.

That is the "risk" in factions there is a "risk" it's calle being feely attackable at all times to any enemy faction. And dont sit here act like you play factions... because if you did I know for damn sure you didnt do anything other than sit in a house or stealth around...

R

Rothen

I'd like to have, or even purchase a 2nd char slot, w/o having to open another account. Soulstones are great, but it doesn't allow for other character changes like race and karma to be swapped out as well.
If I had the connection for it I would give factions a try myself. I don't like the fact though that those in factions can purchase high end gear and run around using it to attack those not in factions. If they were to change that aspect of factions, then most everyone who hates the system would probably be fine with it.
My last pet peeve is sacred journey. I'd be in the anti-virtue dungeons much more often if that was switched on. Currently only hunt in areas more readily accessible to moongates. And I am seeing many new names on the field farming and skill building along side me. The books Shali made and dropped on other shards is helping bring new players here, congrats to her. :thumbup1:

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now heres a real idea get rid of greater dragons, dreadmares bane dragons those are what killed siege nothing else this was the biggest reason people quit.

@kelmo if you remove factions from siege then you will see a dead shard

@kat i understand your need to try to fix siege but to show that you really care you should be working on bringing tnt back to siege. at the moment thats what siege needs.