• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's a sandbox?

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is EVE a sandbox like UO?
I've been reading a bit about it and sounds VERY well put together. Considering Star Trek is a huge letdown.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Hildebrand,

Yes, EVE is a sandbox type MMO like UO is. EVE has a bit of a learning curve, and takes a while to get into... but it definitely has it's rewards. Also like UO, EVE has a very loyal following in it's player community.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Steep learning curves are a challenge I don't shy away from. Makes it more worthwhile. Otherwise grab a gamepad, lol.

M

Monty Hall

Eve looks good, but skill training is a time consuming event. I'm still a UOer at heart but as of late, the UO communities overall #'s have seemed to fallen below the low tide mark!!! I would like anyone's input on some of the other MMO's out there. Share'm if you've tried em. Thanks. Hil, you mentioned Star Trek Online? Whats the negatives about that game, and are there any positives???

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MissionsSTO lacks depth. Its like a console game. Kill, kill, and a tiny bit of so called diplomacy. What's diplomatic about killing everything. Not worth paying a monthly fee.
No crafting. What they have is a joke. Collect anomolies and turn them in.
Can't even run around in your ship, just the bridge. Not star trek like.
Missions get repetitive and boring.
Game is unfinished. EVE is more trek like than STO.
They give you skill points and you have to spend them. Else you can't level. Space feels small, unlike EVE.
TOTALLY opposite games.
At least it has ground combat and emotes. Feels less lonely than EVE. But I'm on EVE trial still.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got back from GDC (Game Developer's Conference). Spent some time in the CCP booth talking to the dev & community people... there are some very cool things on tap for EVE.

They already announced a new standalone game called Dust 514, cool thing is that Dust will affect what you do in EVE and vice versa. CCP is also likely to make mobile (iphone, Android, etc) and social (Facebook, etc.) applications that will also be separate games but affect what you do in EVE and Dust. Smartly growing the EVE sandbox. :)

C

CaptRex

Is EVE a sandbox like UO?
I've been reading a bit about it and sounds VERY well put together. Considering Star Trek is a huge letdown.

I cant' understand.. Can I play this game using sand box?