• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's a great day in UO!

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you have to search for an hour to find the answer to a problem that should have been fixed ages ago, and you know you PERSONALLY could fix in 10 minutes with access to Origins automated email system by changing the sent code format to 6-5-5-5... Can someone get fired over that? Seriously... Whoever is dropping the ball so badly and has their job still in this economy... I just don't get it.

Edit: If the zombies in that department need me to write them some regex to change the codes, I'll take 30 seconds and do it for them. Cause this issue needs to be fixed.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well..you fixed it, it worked! You still buy stuff from them, soooo why waste the man hours! :EALogic:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When you have to search for an hour to find the answer to a problem that should have been fixed ages ago, and you know you PERSONALLY could fix in 10 minutes with access to Origins automated email system by changing the sent code format to 6-5-5-5... Can someone get fired over that? Seriously... Whoever is dropping the ball so badly and has their job still in this economy... I just don't get it.

Edit: If the zombies in that department need me to write them some regex to change the codes, I'll take 30 seconds and do it for them. Cause this issue needs to be fixed.
http://stratics.com/community/forums/uhall.35/
http://stratics.com/community/threads/invalid-code-incorrect-format-from-origin-store.303099/
3rd sticky down . Took less then one minute.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last edited:

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point exactly. Anyone (Frodo) that can try to make excuses for a business to treat customers in this manner, has a SERIOUS issue. EA/Mythic need to get their **** together. It's not like it's even a hard issue to fix. It's absolute complacency and laziness on the part of someone in charge. If my employees took this long to fix an issue this simple, I'd hand them walking papers. Period.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I find very disturbing is that the EA community manager (EAFrancois) who helps customers with UO questions on the Origin.com site seems to be unaware of how to resolve the problems people are having with product codes which they purchased through the Origin site.

Here is a link to all of the UO questions in the help forums on the Origin.com website: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Ultima-Online/bd-p/ultima-online . Notice how many over the last couple of months concern product codes that don't work. Notice how many of them have received a response indicating the customer should just try to reformat their code before they input it.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm literally through buying anything from a company that puts so little importance on customer billing and satisfaction.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What kind of backwards advice is that? Do you live in another country where that kind of customer service is acceptable? Get real.

Lyconis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I frequent these forums and didn't think to look at the UHall stickies for an invalid code issue. I was using EA's support site then gave up, a day later I started searching again and found the sticky in UHall.

The issue is not that there is a solution, it is that customers buy a product and the product does not work without the end user tweaking their product. Could you imagine a car dealership that required you to install spark plugs and a distribution cap to drive it off the lot? Of course those would be in the trunk, duh!

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I'll reiterate. That this thread has been here a few days, and this issue STILL is not fixed, in my eyes, is GROSS neglect of the customer. We all know that UO support staff and developers read these forums, and that this issue is STILL there, is horrible. I also know for a fact, that it's trivial to reformat the emails before they are sent out, and to tell which emails are for UO codes. So that it's not done, is just negligence. Plain and simple. And someone should be fired. That the person in charge of this issue still has their job, shows a total lack of respect for the UO player base, and customers in general.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what I was getting at.. it's been 4 months, and then people keep posting about it, and it's STILL not fixed. It's such a trivial thing to reformat the code in an email too. It just makes no sense.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what I was getting at.. it's been 4 months, and then people keep posting about it, and it's STILL not fixed. It's such a trivial thing to reformat the code in an email too. It just makes no sense.
We've been down this road several times here over the past months.... It appears that EA/Origin just don't really give a crap if they are losing money because of the ineptitude of whoever's in charge of the Origin store... Just pathetic...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You aren't wrong, but to be honest, I played this game for 2 years without ever visiting these forums. Kinda iffy for a cash purchase to require you to go to a 3rd party site and do homework to figure out how to use what you just bought.
You don't need Stratics to figure out the 6-5-5-5-5 solution. I found the 6-5-5-5-5 solution on EA's official answers board, through a Google search (I'm the third poster, haha). I found the solution while waiting for a GM in Ultima Online. When the GM came, and he did, my only problem was I tried to cancel the help request, yet he came anyway. He came ready to give me the answer, and knew the answer. In other words, I had access to two sources--the official answers board and an in-game GM--which gave me the information I needed.

Exhaust your resources. Getting an automated E-Mail, no offense, is no reason to pack up your toys and go home.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You don't need Stratics to figure out the 6-5-5-5-5 solution. I found the 6-5-5-5-5 solution on EA's official answers board, through a Google search (I'm the third poster, haha). I found the solution while waiting for a GM in Ultima Online. When the GM came, and he did, my only problem was I tried to cancel the help request, yet he came anyway. He came ready to give me the answer, and knew the answer. In other words, I had access to two sources--the official answers board and an in-game GM--which gave me the information I needed.

Exhaust your resources. Getting an automated E-Mail, no offense, is no reason to pack up your toys and go home.
You are basically defending / sympathizing with EA selling codes for cash - for months - that they know are formatted incorrectly and will not work without you (the buyer) doing additional work to utilize the product that you were sold. Why?

Last edited:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to mention that someone would have to know to come to Stratics and search to begin with, for pete's sake...

Last edited:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are basically defending / sympathizing with EA selling codes for cash - for months - that they know are formatted incorrectly and will not work without you (the buyer) doing additional work to utilize the product that you were sold. Why?
Because the UO team is still doing their job and this is a forum for UO, not EA. This thread is a troll against EA.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because the UO team is still doing their job and this is a forum for UO, not EA. This thread is a troll against EA.
Um, last I heard UO and the UO brand were owned by EA - and we're not talking about the dev's here, in case you didn't notice that. This thread is a troll against stupidity and the shooting-themselves-in-the-foot approach of the folks running the Origin store...

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same hamsters that run the Origin store are running the new "lag free" servers...time to move to something a bit more reliable then the said "cloud" cause it sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um, last I heard UO and the UO brand were owned by EA - and we're not talking about the dev's here, in case you didn't notice that. This thread is a troll against stupidity and the shooting-themselves-in-the-foot approach of the folks running the Origin store...
This message board is for Ultima Online, not the Origin store or EA Corporate. It's a huge waste of time for anyone to bash Origin or EA on these boards because no one involved is really going to read the complaints. I don't know what you guys hope to accomplish. Maybe Jeff will read this thread and talk to corporate, but I doubt it. Would be much better to go to Origin answers, or to pester the HQ.

Shrugs.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to mention that someone would have to know to come to Stratics and search to begin with, for pete's sake...
As I stated earlier in the thread, you don't need Stratics for the solution. It's been at Origin answers for months, and the UO GMs are aware of the issue and ready to give help for those who call them.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This message board is for Ultima Online, not the Origin store or EA Corporate. It's a huge waste of time for anyone to bash Origin or EA on these boards because no one involved is really going to read the complaints..
Really having to bite my tongue here... We don't need your permission to discuss UO, EA or Origin... If you have a problem with us discussing EA or Origin here, perhaps you should move on....

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really having to bite my tongue here... We don't need your permission to discuss UO, EA or Origin... If you have a problem with us discussing EA or Origin here, perhaps you should move on....
A thread created only to incite, rife with misinformation, does not benefit the community. If you guys feel the need to spout here rather than pursue actual conversation with people who might be able to provide change, then go ahead.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The last time I checked, codes are enough of a UO problem to discuss here. Or perhaps it's just my imagination that there's a sticky thread about it. Do you think a regular player would first ask about UO code problems or billing issues on an EA forum, or would the person think first about Stratics?

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's hilarious that anyone could even try to defend the actions of a large corporation that has completely failed, probably negligently so, to provide a service that we PAY for, in a way that is acceptable. The fact that you (G.v.P.) even voice your opinion to the contrary on the subject makes me wonder if you A: work for them, or B: are just plain ignorant. It's a problem that not only SHOULD be fixed immediately, but should be put at the head of all other issues. This is a billing and customer satisfaction issue, and those are of the utmost importance. This isn't a question. It's fact. Saying anything to the contrary just makes you look bad. I don't care who at EA reads this thread, as long as one of them does, and they know I think that because the people in change of that department are idiots, it makes them look like idiots too. Sitting on your hands and saying, "That's not my department." doesn't make you any less guilty of complacency. If you know there's a problem pissing people off, you get it fixed, no matter the department. I can tell you're a cog in a wheel, and you don't have the power to do anything at your own job just by reading what you say. Some of us transcend that career ending attitude and go above and beyond at our jobs... that's why we're mad. You can be happy with the status quo if you'd like. I expect more from the companies I choose to do business with. And there are garage based online games with way better product, that have nowhere near the issues that EA des... I'll go spend money on those. You can stay here. Enjoy.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's hilarious that anyone could even try to defend the actions of a large corporation that has completely failed, probably negligently so, to provide a service that we PAY for, in a way that is acceptable. The fact that you (G.v.P.) even voice your opinion to the contrary on the subject makes me wonder if you A: work for them, or B: are just plain ignorant. It's a problem that not only SHOULD be fixed immediately, but should be put at the head of all other issues. This is a billing and customer satisfaction issue, and those are of the utmost importance. This isn't a question. It's fact. Saying anything to the contrary just makes you look bad. I don't care who at EA reads this thread, as long as one of them does, and they know I think that because the people in change of that department are idiots, it makes them look like idiots too. Sitting on your hands and saying, "That's not my department." doesn't make you any less guilty of complacency. If you know there's a problem pissing people off, you get it fixed, no matter the department. I can tell you're a cog in a wheel, and you don't have the power to do anything at your own job just by reading what you say. Some of us transcend that career ending attitude and go above and beyond at our jobs... that's why we're mad. You can be happy with the status quo if you'd like. I expect more from the companies I choose to do business with. And there are garage based online games with way better product, that have nowhere near the issues that EA des... I'll go spend money on those. You can stay here. Enjoy.

Too bad we can't "Like" something twice... or I would.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You like this thread startle because you live North of Seatown. We have a lot of good gaming/tech companies here. Microsoft... Valve... NCSoft... Spiderweb Software... BigFish Games. ;) Not to mention them Hawks! I can open my window and hear them play on game days. ;) Maybe EA should open a satellite office here so we can show them how customer service works.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are only two things that amaze me more than the incompetence and ineptitude of EA where UO is concerned ..

1. That people are still genuinly surprised by EA's couldnt give a **** attitude ... its been like this for years and will only get worse.
2. That the people are still happy to hand over their hard earned cash to the company for a sub standard product. i.e. UO.