• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Items with + Taming skill ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there somewhere a comprehensive list of all items which add taming skill points ?

Bottom line is, through items, how high on taming one can get ?

That I know of :

- Ring + 15
- Bracelet + 15
- Mark of Travesty for taming + 10
- Talisman + 5

What else can be possibly added ?

Y

Yen Sid

A fishing pole? I remember people saying that fishing poles can have skills on them, I personally have never fished or made a fishing pole so I don't know what skills or how high they can go.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A fishing pole? I remember people saying that fishing poles can have skills on them, I personally have never fished or made a fishing pole so I don't know what skills or how high they can go.

that is about it ??

no other items can come with + Taming on them ??

That's quite limiting, ain't it ?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Limiting? At least a skill like taming can be boosted... if it were up to me tamers would need real skill all the way *grins evily*

But, it depends what you want to do I guess....

If you don't want to train taming past say 50 real, then I suppose you're limited if you want to control big pets. In which case, grab an advanced char token and start with 85 instead ;) Or lower your sights pet wise to easier pets like kitsune, runeys and the like.

If you're just trying to squeeze a cramped template, pick the less important supporting skills, to boost rather than the one you'll be relying on to control and stable your pets. The items are usually cheaper, you've got more equipment slots to choose from depending what skills you want to boost, and you have much more equipment flexibility if said items aren't "critical". By all means use some taming boosting while you're training, but I think you're limiting yourself if you rely on said items for the long term.

Wenchy

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Limiting? At least a skill like taming can be boosted... if it were up to me tamers would need real skill all the way *grins evily*

But, it depends what you want to do I guess....

If you don't want to train taming past say 50 real, then I suppose you're limited if you want to control big pets. In which case, grab an advanced char token and start with 85 instead ;) Or lower your sights pet wise to easier pets like kitsune, runeys and the like.

If you're just trying to squeeze a cramped template, pick the less important supporting skills, to boost rather than the one you'll be relying on to control and stable your pets. The items are usually cheaper, you've got more equipment slots to choose from depending what skills you want to boost, and you have much more equipment flexibility if said items aren't "critical". By all means use some taming boosting while you're training, but I think you're limiting yourself if you rely on said items for the long term.

Wenchy

I have a stables problem.

My tamer, who's got real skills all the way to 120, is packed full.

I cannot squeeze a needle in the stables even if I tried hard.......

I have no other option to either release pets which I hate (it took me countless hours to sort them out and tame them and now releasing them would make me feel like a fool that I wasted all that many long hours.....).

So, my only other option is raising up another tamer to increase stable slots but I just do not feel like going through it again (training up the skill).

So, I was looking at my options and see how much I can make up with items so to figure out up to what real skill I have to train the second tamer.

So far, from what I have seen, I can only get max +45 points of taming from items (15+15+10+5). This means, unless I missed some other item which I hope, that I must get a tamer up tp about 70 real skill so to have 115 taming in the end which is what is needed to transfer most.

Since buying up the skill only gets 35, this means I still have to work some 35 points of skill training it up.

Not much fun but I guess I have no other options............

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, as I said there's the advanced char token. That's what I ended up using once so I could close an account that had just 1 tamer on it and move the char's pets to a new char. Though it really isn't hard to train taming to say 85, I just had a few days to pull the pets off before I closed the account, or I'd have done it manually lol.

You don't need 115 taming unless you wanted to transfer dread mares/banes or fire steeds.. even then, you don't need the full 99% control just to transfer said pets over. I'd suggest that you leave the hardest pets on your main tamer and transfer off the easier ones. Most pets will transfer fine at 110 and some will go fine at 100. Just depends what you've got stabled.

Wenchy

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ancient farmers kasa has +5 lore on it if that helps, i know its not taming

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, as I said there's the advanced char token. That's what I ended up using once so I could close an account that had just 1 tamer on it and move the char's pets to a new char. Though it really isn't hard to train taming to say 85, I just had a few days to pull the pets off before I closed the account, or I'd have done it manually lol.

You don't need 115 taming unless you wanted to transfer dread mares/banes or fire steeds.. even then, you don't need the full 99% control just to transfer said pets over. I'd suggest that you leave the hardest pets on your main tamer and transfer off the easier ones. Most pets will transfer fine at 110 and some will go fine at 100. Just depends what you've got stabled.

Wenchy

The problem is I just found out that a Mark of Travesty for taming has an outrageous price..... this means I cannot count on those 10 Taming point.

It looks like I will have to train up in the 80s....

How much is an advanced character token these days and how high it brings skills ?
It works for 1 skill only or for more than 1 ?

Also, does the advanced token only work on new characters or does it also work for existing characters with low skills ?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on your shard I guess. I got mine years ago so I've no idea on price.

The skills you get are:

• 85 Taming
  • 85 Animal Lore
  • 85 Veterinary
  • 70 Magery
  • 70 Meditation
  • 80 Strength, 80 Intelligence, 55 Dexterity
Info about the tokens is here.

Wenchy

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
that is about it ??

no other items can come with + Taming on them ??

That's quite limiting, ain't it ?
Well considering that if you maxed out your jewelry that's potentially 90 points in taming skills. I don't consider that limiting... :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
how many slots do you have now? also raising lore and vet can add stable slots

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
btw if you use jewels to get your skills up in order to raise stable slots you must wear the jewels when stabling if you have them off it will tell you it is full just a fyi

at least thats how it used to be

J

[JD]

I ran into this problem also popps.

Solution?

Soulstone baby.

I had several 110-115 taming/lore scrolls so I just gobbled them on characters who either use ethys or who never need to access stabled pets, like gargoyles. they make the perfect tamer storage mules. if you don't have them, they should be fairly cheap in housing. cheaper than an advanced character token anyway!

anyway, stone your skills off your tamer onto your newbie tamer.
have a tamer friend with you and xfer your pets to them.
have them xfer your pets to newbie tamer, and stable them.
stone skills back to original tamer.

viola- all those pets you dont use but want to keep are safe in stables.

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ran into this problem also popps.

Solution?

Soulstone baby.

I had several 110-115 taming/lore scrolls so I just gobbled them on characters who either use ethys or who never need to access stabled pets, like gargoyles. they make the perfect tamer storage mules. if you don't have them, they should be fairly cheap in housing. cheaper than an advanced character token anyway!

anyway, stone your skills off your tamer onto your newbie tamer.
have a tamer friend with you and xfer your pets to them.
have them xfer your pets to newbie tamer, and stable them.
stone skills back to original tamer.

viola- all those pets you dont use but want to keep are safe in stables.
Awesome idea : o )

Dont get how you need <16 slots unless you have a pack of frenzies :p

PS - JD viola and voila are two different things ^_^

Viola http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viola

Voilà http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861734500/voilà.html

Sry, i just couldn't help myself be cheeky hurhurhur!