• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Item ID and PC IDOC items

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
upload_2015-7-14_12-29-0.png That's a rubble coat hanger - closest I can find on it is an auction from 2010. The skull is a "Skull" 5 stones - never seen anything like it. Demon Mask - Mystique/Clown Mask - Helios. Above the demon mask is "a piece of cake" - any ideas on this one ? Then PC on A heart blackened by despise - I know these are worth ~65m as part of a full set but individually I don't know.

Ophidian Rations. upload_2015-7-14_12-33-32.png PC please.

upload_2015-7-14_12-37-27.png Item ID and PC please.

upload_2015-7-14_12-38-2.png same as above and also for the vampire bat :)

Might have a few more to follow.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
You check Vendor Search on Atlantic? I believe some of these can be found there and may give you a better idea of exactly what the market rate is right now. I am a little interested in the piece of cake...I think thats the only thing on the list I don't recognize. Hopefully someone else will have some better insight on that than me.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Rubble coat hangers are 100-500k. Skulls with 5 stones are a boss drop; I forget which one. The hearts I've generally seen around 5m.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Piece of Cake comes from the 15th Anniversary Cakes. Each cake can give 10 pieces.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I just saw one of the blackened hearts for 1.5m on a vendor in Luna. I see some of the Rations for 100k....not sure if some are more rare than others or not. And I dont think the Daemon or Clown Masks are worth much unless they are by Mesanna.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Chair and Guillotine came from a player Trick or Treating who also had begging skill. The bat came from the Halloween event where where we killed creatures in cemeteries.

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just happen to have a sense for these type of things. Yes Assia you are very helpful, you act in a fair manor and you have excellent knowledge of items in the game. What I am talking about is the sort of distain players get from a sort of elitist element. UO is a hard club to be part of sometimes and those that aren't able to thrive, they simply don't survive.

I will be honest I am not a rares collector so I don't know anywhere near as much as some people and no I did not attend the events like that which S_S mentions. I am a returning player at least 10 years away from the game. I missed out on a lot of the good times of UO in the intervening time span and I have had to work extremely hard to catch up and yes in some cases overtake players that have played for many years longer than I have, at least in terms of the competitive elements of the game.

People seem to think that the stuff that I have found has not been hard earned with excruciating determination, patience and will power to better my situation.

This IDOC that I found was in Fel it had fellow guild members looting it and telling me oh we knew him as if that gave them some special right over and above me.

If they really cared about that player they would not have let that house fall in the first place, they would not have let the friendship slip into disrepair like so many friendships have done.

I want to do well by my shard and by the people that have befriended me from any and all shards and if that means going sleepless nights to prove myself then so be it.

Do I think it sad that these houses are dropping, yes I do and I know people think that I do not care, I just care about money, well they haven't seen the other work I have put in to secure the future of this game, in whatever iteration or form it might be in.

That "we" as S_S understands it doesn't exist anymore, it was replaced by greed and utter selfishness and now that has gone we can look forward to UO moving forward the way we all hoped it would when I first started playing 15 years ago.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be honest, Loriel... I think you may be reading things in such a way as they weren't intended. While there will always be elitism in UO, whether it is Rares Collectors, PvPers, RP's or whatever, I honestly saw none of it here or any of your recent threads. Even though your items aren't worth 100's of millions... members of this community still took the time to give you price checks and history on your items.

You don't have to be a rares collector to post here. This forum is open to anyone who just has a question or needs info. I know many members who are more than happy to take the time to help educate others.

You don't have to attend events to post here. I have personally attended... ummm... maybe 5 EM events since the start of the program.

You don't have to be "rich" to post here. Some of the most impressive collectors (to me) are those where the owner clearly had a passion for collecting a certain theme even if it isn't high-end items.

Are there elitist rares collectors? Absolutely. Do I feel that is the majority of the community? No.

This game is about having fun. Continue to do your IDOCs, ask questions when needed and thank/appreciate those that take their own time to help you and you'll get along here just fine.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and Jason's suggestion of the in-game search feature is actually a good suggestion. If you need a PC very quickly or if you are uncomfortable with people's price opinions... pop onto Atlantic and do a search using the in-game search engine... now it won't tell you how long it has been sitting on that vendor, but there are enough merchants here that if something is at a "good" price, most likely it'll disappear relatively quickly. Even as an UO merchant of almost 18 years... I still use it to check things as the market undergoes ups and downs quite often and prices will roll with that.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Hey my friend....I think you mistook S_S's comment. I reread it a couple of times and I cannot pick up any ounce of negativity. All that stuff about the IDOC's....I don't think anyone in here is really bothered by your participation in them. Houses are going to fall...thats part of the game. I am glad someone is there to pick the stuff up, otherwise there would be lots of great items going into nothingness.

I just came back from an extended break, and when I came back...I didn't know a single person on here. I have spent all my years in Fel...so I don't know the people that have spent all their years doing other things. I can honestly say that I was welcomed with open arms. This Rares/Event community loves UO and if they see your dedication to the game then they will respect you for it. If your treat these folks nice then your going to get treated nice...its that simple. I am sorry if something was said that upset you, I really don't think anyone intended for that to happen. To be honest....if someone was wanting to be rude, they would tell you to take these Price Check posts to the nonrares section of the forum. But instead everyone is trying to help you figure out what u got. Shake it off bud its all good.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Jason. MANY rares collectors still do IDOCs or started off doing IDOCS. There is no shame in it. If you find something that is more sentimental, it would be nice if you post it (in the according forum) and give friends a chance to buy them or claim them. Some ideas might be soulstones, roses, items with player's names, written books, etc. Aside from that, loot on. The sentimental stuff is the only stuff that might be hard to "replace". Most rares, armor etc... while a financial blow to the player in question... is able to be replaced or earned again.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just NM, lol.

Last edited:

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I hate to do it guys, buy nothing here technical is appropriate for rares section. move to non rare trades?
That rule applies to someone selling non rares here...this is a returning player asking about items from the people who would know a rare if they saw one. Returning (or new) players don't always know whats what ( when I first came back I threw rares on the floor of the bank, not knowing why everyone was swarming my "junk").

Loriel, welcome back, the more players the better! We are happy to help with questions^_^

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I hate to do it guys, buy nothing here technical is appropriate for rares section. move to non rare trades?
As far as my understanding of a rare goes, "technically" it is any item that no longer spawns. If you are talking about EM items maybe you should have a new section in the trade forums just for that. If you are talking about high end rares well these are still rares just the lower end of the spectrum.