• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Item Display Question

CasterBlah

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I haven't played Ultima Online in forever, and I'm trying to figure out why I see screenshots online of items with their properties highlighted yellow, the cursed attribute highlighted red, and an intensity rating. While my client only displays everything in a single boring gray color, with no intensity rating. Having these colors would really make sorting through items easier. This is probably a stupid question, but any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Those are people using the Enhanced Client, with Pinco's or another player-created User Interface enhancement applied to it. One of the big features of the EC is that players are allowed to create custom UI skins to alter its appearance. There used to be a lot more options, but many of the UIs created for Kingdom Reborn (the prototype for the EC, rushed into release because UO Japan made a market commitment to have it as a freebie on a CD release over there by a certain date) were never rewritten for the EC's slightly different code (KR got so bad, from being released when it should have been in alpha testing and constant patches, that they junked much of its code and rewrote the EC from the original base platform, on up).

Pinco's UI makes a LOT of changes to the EC to make it look and work better.