• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It would be nice...

• Thread starter Prince Caspian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

Prince Caspian

...if for once we could get one of these production-wide patches on a Friday afternoon instead of mid-week...

But it looks like we are gonna do the old "Patch Day on humpday next week" thing for the upteenth time...

E

Evilminion

I'll admit I'd love to spend some time this weekend dumping holiday goodies and artifacts on some poor NPC to claim my new beehive. :D Maybe if we all looked really, really hopeful, with the big puppy-dog eyes...?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When we get mid-week patches and publishes, at least we know that someone is or should be around for the next two days to address any problems that might come up. How many times in the past did we get a patch or publish late Friday afternoon, there were problems, and no one was around to take care of them?

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When we get mid-week patches and publishes, at least we know that someone is or should be around for the next two days to address any problems that might come up. How many times in the past did we get a patch or publish late Friday afternoon, there were problems, and no one was around to take care of them?
Exactly, they patch during the week so they can be at work when things go bad. Would you like to spend your weekend at work waiting to see if something goes wrong? Possibly nothing will go wrong and you just spent saturday and sunday sitting at work.
As much as I would love to have new stuff every day its just not possible!
Devs are people too!

F

FarukAlazar

I like the mid week patches. But then I'm happy anytime we get new stuff/fixes/tweaks to play around with. :D

T

T_Amon_from_work

...if for once we could get one of these production-wide patches on a Friday afternoon instead of mid-week...

But it looks like we are gonna do the old "Patch Day on humpday next week" thing for the upteenth time...
Welp, while it would be nice there is a practical reason not to do it.

Patch on Friday has serious issues and the staff that could deal with it is off until Monday on a retreat or something.

Patch mid-week, fluff and chatter on good & bad are known by Friday and any actions needed are planned out (revert, quick fix patch, etc) and done by weekend.

Basis ... my own worksite. Updates to servers, etc are done a) off-hours or b) Wednesday night ... for a) less impact to users or b) for the reasons stated above.

J

Jeremy

The posters above are correct - we avoid Friday publishes like the plague to avoid over-the-weekend unanticipated problems. Every once in a while we'll do one because there's no way around it, but we try really, really hard not to.