• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It just gets frustrating!!!

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has anyone else had any issues in the abys last few days? Seems ill be doing mini champ spawn (dragon fairy; and renowned demon); when level 2 comes i get client crash. Try to quickly reload uo and out of virtual memory(i am not); so i restart cpu get back in and im dead run to get ressed and client crashes. Rinse and repeat and give up currently mono-chrome in abyss and have no desire to fight with it. 2 hours and a dead toon. May be time for a break.....

fatpay

Visitor
Has anyone else had any issues in the abys last few days? Seems ill be doing mini champ spawn (dragon fairy; and renowned demon); when level 2 comes i get client crash. Try to quickly reload uo and out of virtual memory(i am not); so i restart cpu get back in and im dead run to get ressed and client crashes. Rinse and repeat and give up currently mono-chrome in abyss and have no desire to fight with it. 2 hours and a dead toon. May be time for a break.....
I’ve been getting a lot of the vmem error on start up. I haven’t went to the abyss ever but I bet I’d have the same problem if I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leaving a 2nd window open on login page will also be putting you processor under strain as the login page is a notorious memory resource hog.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
All I know is in the last few weeks all I do is crash, randomly crash, lock up and crash, get so bogged down I can only do the 3 step.... reboot, crash..... crash again... connection lost... Something IMO is highly unstable.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
in cc, been getting crashes while trading stuff with someone in luna. at least is in a safe place lol

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I was having problems some time ago, crashing everytime another was online here at the house, we solved that problem (Knock on Wood) with a trip to our ISP and they gave us a brand new modem, they said my other modem was a dinosaur (it was only two years old). So far I been ok.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For those in EC there is a option someone here on Stratics pointed out a while ago that isn't defaulted and if you change that option it fixed 99% of my random crashing issues. Not from like spell effects, but the ones where you'd just randomly crash. I think it had to do with threading or memory cache.

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use cc as well:/; very possibly coupd be on my end. I am currently reinstalling uo. I am gonna give this a try. I dont really use alot of macros so shouldnt take me long to get set up. If this doesnt work; ill convince the wife i need a new machine lol.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I use cc as well:/; very possibly coupd be on my end. I am currently reinstalling uo. I am gonna give this a try. I dont really use alot of macros so shouldnt take me long to get set up. If this doesnt work; ill convince the wife i need a new machine lol.
LOL, good luck with the "new machine" option. :) I can tell you though, my comp is a hand built, top of the line one, , and I crash and/or have trouble logging in a second account fairly regularly. :(

JobriathCairn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mentioned this in another thread. If I used Chrome at any point on my machine, even after exiting out I'd get the same memory errors. It seems that even after you exit out of Chrome its holding on to all the memory it can. Try rebooting your machine and then trying to open multiple clients. I had 4 open at one point with no issues. Watched 1 Youtube video and couldn't even launch a second client. Not sure if other browsers are affected. See if that helps