• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] It grows up at random. In Origin.

E

Erica3

It seems that Cactus-related crossing is amusing somehow.
The following is an example. I indicate to this appearance.
A x B = The plant after crossing

RarepinkTribarrelCactus x BrightGreenBarrelCactus = CampionFlowers,Poppies,SmallPalm,Century
RarepinkTribarrelCactus x BrightRedCentury = Snake
RareaquaBarrelCactus x BrightGreenBarrelCactus = Snake,ElephantEar,Ponytail,PearCactus
RareaquaBarrelCactus x BrightRedCentury = Snake
RarefireFloweryCactus x BrightGreenBarrelCactus = (Rare)BlueBonsaiTree(Pict-Left)
MagentaPearCactus x BrightGreenBarrelCactus = Pampus,Snake,Poppies,TribarrelCactus,SmallPalm
RareColorCactus x BrightRedCentury = (Common)BlueBonsaiTree(Pict-Right),WaterPlant
[Imglink]http://f27.aaa.livedoor.jp/~fullmoon/image/uoss/bonsai.jpg[/Imglink]
Such crossing can be performed and the Japanese gardener is making a great uproar.

Furthermore, when it says. In TC1.
The impossible plant is in bloom from Seed which can take from bogling.
For example Century,BarrelCactus,Snake,and SmallPalm.

A plant to make does not grow.:(

T

Teeshy

I knwo that at the moment there's a problem that is causing plants that are normally not able to be cross bred, to *be* crossed.

But are you saying that Century plants etc are being grown from Bogling seeds too?

Wonder if that's all related to the same problem? Perhaps it will be fixed when the other fix goes in?

I haven't done much with plants since this publish (and my shop is showing it!) I've had too much else to do ;)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and plants that do not normally give pollen are giving it ~~ tonite I took pollen from a flowery fire-red cactus and pollinated some plain plants, after reading the post above

I will most likely get plain plants, but ya just never know ;)

F

Flora Green

I crossed my flowery fire-red cactus with each other just to see what happened. I should have a seed tomorrow.

S

Sharantyr

Wasn't this mentioned in another post? I think Lady Sakkara said you'd only get blue seeds from crossing fire red with others.

E

Erica3

I feel that various BUGs have overlapped for these problems.

1.Crossing which must originally be impossible can be performed.
2.The seed of the plant of blue, white, and black is made in crossing with the plant of a Rare color.
3.Plants other than CampionFlowers, Fern, and TribarrelCactus grow by the seed from Bogling.
4.The kind with which the same crossing is also different is made.

I want to try many things on TC1 to a slight degree.

Does everybody know?
The command of "give seeds" and "grow_plant" is in TC1.
Many things can be tried, if this is used and it will carry out also for 1 hour.

The method for testing is written.
1.A seed is got from a bank by the "give seeds" command.
2.You may get a seed from Bogling which is present in the west of a NewHaven bank.
3.A house is built.
4.A plant is put on a floor (it is useless, if it has or is putting into Secure. LD is OK.).
5.If it is called "grow_plant", the plant of the range which language reaches will grow.
6.A plant is taken care of.
The rest only repeats 5 and 6.

E

Erica3

Now, it has tried on TC1 just for a moment.
Such various plants grew from the seed of Bogling.
Why did Flowerycactus bloom especially?
[imglink]http://f27.aaa.livedoor.jp/~fullmoon/image/uoss/fromboglingseed.jpg[/imglink]

F

Flora Green

Fire red flowery cactus crossed with fire red flowery cactus = fire red flowery cactus. Since the seed on the gump was plain I was wondering if the actual seed would be plain, but it's not.

Also, my bonsai plants are producing seeds. The gump is black, but the seed is labeled and what the plant actually is. i.e., a common bonsai, a rare bonsai, etc.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks Flora :D

so now the question, I guess, is am I bored by this? ;)

E

Erica3

Fire red flowery cactus crossed with fire red flowery cactus = Bright fire red flowery cactus.
But the color was the same.

F

Flora Green

Ah, true the seed does say bright. I just omitted it from my post since the color is the same. Don't see how you can get any brighter than it is. :)

E

Erica3

Japanese gardeners study many things and understand that it is like this.

1.Bright is attached in case of crossing of the same colors.
It is also at Fire, Pink, or Common.
It will become blue if a special color and other colors are crossed.
Anyway, it may become white and black.

2.The law of a cactus.
TribarrelCactus/PearCactus/BarrelCactus appears in UO, it will be chosen out of old 17 kinds of plant +flowerycactus at random, and it will change with it.
Thereby, flowery cactus of a normal color or a rare color can be obtained.

3.Crossing with flowery cactus.
Flowery Cactus x
CampionFlowers = PearCactus(at random)
Poppies = BarrelCactus(at random)
Snowdrops = BarrelCactus(at random)
Bulrushes = TribarrelCactus(at random)
Lilies = TribarrelCactus(at random)
Pampus = Common Bonsai (Pine)
Rushes = Common Bonsai (Pine)
ElephantEar = Uncommon Bonsai (Pine)
Fern = Uncommon Bonsai (Pine)
Ponytail = Rare Bonsai (Pine)
SmallPalm = Rere Bonsai (Pine)
Century = Common Bonsai (Plum)
WaterPlant = Commmon Bonsai (Plum)
Snake = Uncommon Bonsai (Plum)
PearCactus = Uncommon Bonsai (Plum)
Barrel Cactus = Rare Bonsai (Plum)
TribarrelCactus = Rare Bonsai (Plum)
FloweryCactus = FloweryCactus

4.Crossing of Bonsai.
Bonsai is treated as Rushes at the time of crossing with different species.
Common Bonsai (Pine) x Common Bonsai (Pine) = Bright Common Rushes(New Color)
[imglink]http://www.uoen.com/image/news_pub56_7.jpg[/imglink]

What was summarized is UO horticulture site uoen in Japan.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a new color?? another new thing??!? yikes!! not sure I can bear any more new!

:D

thanks for all this information, Erica3!

E

Erica3

The friend made it bloom this much in Origin!

[imglink]http://f27.aaa.livedoor.jp/~fullmoon/image/uoss/bonsai2.jpg[/imglink]

Although such a thing has come be made,
When corrected, do these plants remain?

I want to hear the opinion of a developer.

E

Erica3

The beautiful flower bloomed.
A favorite is Pink.
It is good not to lose these.
[imglink]http://f27.aaa.livedoor.jp/~fullmoon/image/uoss/bonsai3.jpg[/imglink]
[imglink]http://f27.aaa.livedoor.jp/~fullmoon/image/uoss/bonsai4.jpg[/imglink]

T

Teeshy

Can you post pictures at all please Erica? I'd love to see some of these stranger coloured plants, but I haven't had much time to be in game these past couple weeks to experiment =)

E

Erica3

thank you for the reply -- Teeshy

The Japanese people who arranged all the colors think that they are not yet.
My friend has also made it bloom at three shards(Sakura,Asuka,Origin).
It is having helped seed picking, however taking no photographs.

For the time being.
Various photographs will be seen if BBS of this site is looked at.
Although it is the button currently written to be a "掲示板" at the Japanese site,
Under left CONTENTS.
Two top of the buttons currently written to be UODNS is BBS.

Even if you cannot read, since a picture can be seen,
click here.

F

Flora Green

Thank you for all of the information, Erica. I am in a rush to cross some before Pub 57. These are exciting bugs for gardeners. :) Too bad we can't keep them.

T

Teeshy

Thankyou Erica! I checked the BBS as well, and saw pictures there of the blaze, pink and aqua bonsai - I think I now have to try and get into the game and make myself some of those - just as a curiosity! =D

F

Flora Green

Thankyou Erica! I checked the BBS as well, and saw pictures there of the blaze, pink and aqua bonsai - I think I now have to try and get into the game and make myself some of those - just as a curiosity! =D
I can't seem to get the page with the bonsai to load, but that is the best Solen Hive map I've seen. Will definitely be using it from now on. :)

T

Teeshy

Flora, it's just one of the posts on their message board - go to the website, and search the characters that Erica posted - "掲示板" they're ont he sidebar, second from bottom I think - that link takes you to their message board, and the images are in the first "block" of posts =)

E

Erica3

I am sorry that explanation is unclear.
Since there is nothing in a skillful stake only at a translation site,
Adding the hand by oneself more worsens?
Please go to see by explanation of Teeshy.

I am also pleased with the Solen Hive map.
An arrow is put with Paint software and it is running in the shortest distance.
Qwest, a naturalist, can do it once in about 2-3 minutes.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, Teeshy, I clicked around on that site until I found them... can't understand the writing but the pictures are worth hunting for!

thanks again, Erica3!

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately I am reading this great info rather late, but from what I gather, we have a chance to get some unusual plants before the next publish fixes the bugs.

This is what I gather from the posts. I can cross a common pine bonsai with another common pine bonsai and end up with a rare green snake plant. I can run the Naturalist quest and possibly get rare aqua, magenta, pink, fire, white and black bonsai trees. And finally, the aqua, pink and magenta plants are producing seeds. Is this pretty much the gist of it? Thanks in advance!

E

Erica3

Hello Shelleybean.
Bonsai of white and black is rarely made in crossing.
The plant which grows from the white and black seeds of Naturalist quest cannot be crossed. Take care.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys, sorry to rain on your parade but I've said this in a different thread. This is a bug and the fix for it is done. It will be in Publish 57.

F

Flora Green

Yeah, we know, Sakkarah. :( At least you gave us a heads up. Thank goodness gardening in RL allows for real freedom.

Not to be negative(because you've been really great interacting with us and implementing some of our suggestions:)), but bugs like this getting fixed while real game altering bugs go on and on is real sticking point for me. I know you're just fixing what is believed shouldn't be in game, but I don't see how taking cool new colored plants away compares to people continually getting charged vendor penalties when they shouldn't be. Or the insurance bug that's been around for years now still causing people to lose valuable items. We can't have a new shade of green rushes stay in game, but it's okay if we lose something we paid millions for that SHOULD stay in our packs when we die.

Not ragging on you personally, Sak, just speaking in general.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw that and it sounds as if they'll still be the hue they are now and just not reproducible after this publish. I just was trying to get a definite answer maybe from Sakk or anyone on Origin whether or not the existing plants will be/have been made to look like normal bonsai. I have a few I'm selling on another shard and I don't want to hurt those buying them if they are going to revert to unhued version.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gotcha. Yeah Sak/Regine has said that ones already grown will remain as they are. You just won't be able to grow them anymore, and any already grown which contained seeds or resources, will lose the seeds or resources. Hope that helps.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gotcha. Yeah Sak/Regine has said that ones already grown will remain as they are. You just won't be able to grow them anymore, and any already grown which contained seeds or resources, will lose the seeds or resources. Hope that helps.
It helps tremendously. Thank you Willy. *smiles warmly* Just didn't want to hurt anyone buying them if they are gonna go 'plain'.

E

Erica3

In Origin.
The Bonsai to which the special color was attached even now firmly is living.
Please feel easy.