• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] ISO Fisherman Template

M

Maxandre

Yup, it's me again,

I went several page down and the info seem to getting old, I still have 1 spot left on my account and would like to create a Fisherman. Be it a mage or an Archer, it does not make much difference to me but, what would be a good template for it ?

Thanx once again :)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My fisherman is an Archer and I personally love this as a fisherman.

100 Fishing
110 Archery
110 tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
80 Chivalry
The rest is currently in Spell Resist but I may look at adjusting things with jewelry and imbuing to include more.

I don't spam my chivalry so I rarely run out of mana. I usually only use enemy of one and heal with bandies.

M

Maxandre

100 Fishing
110 Archery
110 tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
80 Chivalry
The rest is currently in Spell Resist but I may look at adjusting things with jewelry and imbuing to include more.

I don't spam my chivalry so I rarely run out of mana. I usually only use enemy of one and heal with bandies.
Cool, this could work out :) Looking at it, maybe going this way,

100 Fishing
120 Archery
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
80 Chivalry
80 Spell resist

Total 700

Adjusting with gear and Imbuing ?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fishers are usually half of a crafter. Most of the times I ll end up with:
- 110 magery
- 110 med
- 100 eval
- 100 fishing
- 100 cooking
- 100 alchemy
- 100 inscription
If I would be able to fit inscription into another char, I would choose poisoning instead (90 poisoning and 110 eval in exchange).

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mine is pretty basic

archery 120
tactics 100
anatomy 100
healing 100
chivalry 100
resist 100
fishing 100

When I'm not fishing I trade my 100 fishing for 100 Focus.

A different char has the cooking skill so I just carry all the raw steaks home once I've returned to shore.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I'm running a T-Hunter/Fisher mix and am very happy with it.

100 carto
100 lock pick
100 fishing
100 mage (115 with tome of lost knowledge)
100 eval
105 music (120 with song woven mantle and traveling minstrel talisman)
115 provo (120 with traveling minstrel talisman)

combined with a high MR suit and a bonded vollem, there's nothing on the seas to fear and even lvl 6 maps are solo-able (it's more fun in a group, tho)

O

Old Man of UO

Cool, this could work out :) Looking at it, maybe going this way,

100 Fishing
120 Archery
120 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
80 Chivalry
80 Spell resist

Total 700

Adjusting with gear and Imbuing ?
By the way, you will actually do more damage and save a bit of gold with 115 Tactics and 105 Anatomy, or even 110/110. You can run the calculator yourself and see... what I mean, there is no need to buy the 120 tactics scroll if you haven't already. Even better is to add +20 Anatomy on jewelry for 120/120... then you will notice a difference.

I just revamped my Fisherman to include dungeon steals.
100 Fishing
120 Archery
110 Tactics
110 Anatomy
100 Healing
120 Stealing
60 Chivalry (+15 on jewelry for 75)
Total 720

OR for solo white fish nets (using Soul Stones)
100 Fishing
120 Archery
110 Tactics
110 Anatomy
100 Healing
120 Bushido
60 Chivalry (+15 on jewelry for 75)
Total 720

W

Wilis

100 Fishing
110 Archery
110 tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
80 Chivalry

What are your stats with this? I'm just back after another break myself. Took my old mage/fisher out and was promptly and repeatedly schooled by ... a water elemental! Harumph!

I "used" to be just fine with my poor little mage but after looking this over I'm thinking I might have to try your template. I have an archer I could adapt to this who is currently at: str 96, dex 104, int 35. (I think I was in the process of attempting ABC archer when I quit last).

Thanks,

Wilis

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What are your stats with this? I'm just back after another break myself. Took my old mage/fisher out and was promptly and repeatedly schooled by ... a water elemental! Harumph!

I "used" to be just fine with my poor little mage but after looking this over I'm thinking I might have to try your template. I have an archer I could adapt to this who is currently at: str 96, dex 104, int 35. (I think I was in the process of attempting ABC archer when I quit last).

Thanks,

Wilis
100 Str
80 Dex
50 Int

I believe that is it. I don't use much int as I don't cast much with the chivalry, just a back-up for offense really and sacred journey.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
for a mage fisher:

Get someone with inscription to make you a Water elemental slayer spellbook to hold, and make sure you have good Evaluate Intelligence.

Cast Protection, as well.

My mage/fisher with 120 magery/120 eval and about 20% Spell damage increase from equipment does about 200-300 points damage to a single water elemental with an e-bolt (depending if she has other SDI stuff on or not) and if she uses chain lightning on a group of 3, they are still dead by about 50% more damage than their race maximum.

In fact, she's been known to 1-hit kill paragon water elementals in Ilshenar on occasion, with an e-bolt.

Her template:

120 Magery
120 Eval
100 tactics
100 Fishing
100 Meditation
100 Resist Spells
80 Chivalry
(will sometimes substitute 100 Inscription for one of the other GM skills)

Only wears skill-boosting equipment when using a mage-weapon bow. suit is just a point or two shy of all-70s, with max LMC and LRC, and 2/6 FC/FCR. (though the last part is moot if I cast Protection, such as when I go fishing - those sea serpents chain-cast level 1 spells so fast you sometimes can't cast without protection)

(and yes, she's hell on wheels with a mage weapon - gets more DPS with a weapon than with spells against some peerless, in group hunts, and saves her mana for EoO, consecrate, summons and rezzing/cross-healing others)

T

Tukaram

I have a Fisher/Mage but really prefer the Fisher/Archer/Pally Here's mine:
100 Anatomy
110 Archery (14 on bracelet)
110 Focus
100 Healing
110 Tactics
110 Chivalry (10 on ring)
100 Fishing

Stat, some on items:
100 Str
101 Dex
59 Int

Using the Horselord bow, it is an elemental and reptile slayer. Not the most damage but for fishing it is great.

A

A Stoned Mariner

Agreed with the above post. Archer/Pali Fisherman is tight. With LRC suit and Horselord, perfect combination.

A Stoned Mariner W$R

W

Wilis

for a mage fisher:

Get someone with inscription to make you a Water elemental slayer spellbook to hold, and make sure you have good Evaluate Intelligence.

Cast Protection, as well.

My mage/fisher with 120 magery/120 eval and about 20% Spell damage increase from equipment does about 200-300 points damage to a single water elemental with an e-bolt (depending if she has other SDI stuff on or not) and if she uses chain lightning on a group of 3, they are still dead by about 50% more damage than their race maximum.

In fact, she's been known to 1-hit kill paragon water elementals in Ilshenar on occasion, with an e-bolt.

Her template:

120 Magery
120 Eval
100 tactics
100 Fishing
100 Meditation
100 Resist Spells
80 Chivalry
(will sometimes substitute 100 Inscription for one of the other GM skills)

Only wears skill-boosting equipment when using a mage-weapon bow. suit is just a point or two shy of all-70s, with max LMC and LRC, and 2/6 FC/FCR. (though the last part is moot if I cast Protection, such as when I go fishing - those sea serpents chain-cast level 1 spells so fast you sometimes can't cast without protection)

(and yes, she's hell on wheels with a mage weapon - gets more DPS with a weapon than with spells against some peerless, in group hunts, and saves her mana for EoO, consecrate, summons and rezzing/cross-healing others)
Oh, Basara, I hadn't considered her gear lol I'm a right noob again! (Plus I don't I understand half the initials either :)) Oceania is so empty at the times I play. Finding good ideas is about impossible. Prices are crazy on what there - well probably not crazy but seem crazy because I've been gone. I used to think I had money... hehe.

I'm considering moving shards but would be sad to leave all the rest of my toons behind!

Will alternate I think between my mage and my new archer/fisher (Horselord?! gotta look that up!) and see which I can handle better. Thanks everyone for the great input!