• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Isildur Gives LoJo the Lowdown!

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dor of Sonoma

Our inimitable DJ LoJo recently had the opportunity for an IRC interview with Flying Lab Software's Kevin "isildur" Maginn, Lead Designer for Pirates of the Burning Sea. Isildur's comments are as lively and informative as ever :)

I particularly liked this snippet:
DJ_LoJo: Anything special you would like to talk about that is on the horizon for Pirates of the Burning Sea?
[FLS]isildur: I don't want to steal too much of Taelorn's thunder with his upcoming devlogs, but I've been heavily playtesting the new Buccaneer career -- hours each day from now until we launch it on testbed -- and it's great. It's a more complex and difficult career, but feels like it rewards clever play. It's also really nicely distinct from the old Pirate career (now called the Cutthroat).
We're also doing some really cool supernatural stuff in 1.5 that I'm excited to get into your hands. And we're expanding the skirmish system from the current duels out to group PvP, 'battleground' style. In the further future? I'm still super excited about player port governance, and waiting for it to finally pop up on the dev schedule makes me feel like a kid at Christmas. :)
To view the transcript of their meeting, read on!