• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fencing] is your damage increase maxxed?

• Thread starter longshanks
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
L

longshanks

i have a pvp dexxer.

currently his damage increase is 60 (40 weapon and 20 off the primer)

my understanding is that di is capped at 100 for pvp.

how many of you are running 100. i'd rather not waste the imbue on damage if i can put it in another area.

the char seems to work o.k. as currently set up but i want to redo my suit with the forge tool and figure is good to do some r&d before hand.

thanks.

J

jaashua

I have 70% from Primer, Stormgrip, and Ring, so I only need 30 on the weapon to max it.

J

[JD]

^i'm not a fencer but i also have 70 di on my suit; 10 M&S, 15 Berserker BP, 25 ring, 20 Primer of Arms... and then I can put 30 on weap. or use non exceptional weaps and put 5 HCI instead so I cap at 50.

if i try to get the 5 hci on the void kilt my sta plummets below 180, so void kilt=no go

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100 DI for pvp and pvm chars. I like to use light of way (or however they are named) reading glasses as they give 30 DI. 25 from storm grip, 20 from tally, 25 on wep.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For PvP, on my fencers, I just get enough DI so that my AIs always do 35.

J

[JD]

is there some formula to figure out if your AI's for any given skill (archery, throwing, swords, etc) will do 35? i see this referred to commonly. thx. o_O

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

is there some formula to figure out if your AI's for any given skill (archery, throwing, swords, etc) will do 35? i see this referred to commonly. thx. o_O
On the stats gump that shows your damage with the wep equipped, you need the lowest number to be over 39 to always have a 35 damage AI.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, what is the max Damage Increase that can be found or imbued on a weapon ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, what is the max Damage Increase that can be found or imbued on a weapon ?
Item and Magic Effect Categories | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online

Well thanks but I must have worded my question wrongly.......

It is my understanding, that the Developers on occasions can produce artifacts which are not limited by general caps or max values.

Or, they can release special items that normally do not carry a given modifier with that modifier on it.

I was asking whether there may be out there any special item (specifically, weapons...) with some particularly very high damage increase which, perhaps, might defy the general limits, whatever the reasons for it.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

It is my understanding, that the Developers on occasions can produce artifacts which are not limited by general caps or max values.

Or, they can release special items that normally do not carry a given modifier with that modifier on it.

I was asking whether there may be out there any special item (specifically, weapons...) with some particularly very high damage increase which, perhaps, might defy the general limits, whatever the reasons for it.
The maximum damage increase that can be found on a weapon is 50. (That is a magic weapon found as loot on a corpse.)
The maximum damage increase that can be Imbued on a weapon is 50.
The maximum damage increase on artifacts, special drops and replicas can be found by going here: UO Stratics - News - Main
Scrolling down to the pane on the left called 'Items' where most artifacts in the game are listed.
Runic crafted and Magic Recipe weapons can sometimes also be over 50.

A few new items may not be listed, that exceed the normal maximum of 50, if you want to find a list of those the best option would probably be to go to a search site, and set the criteria to all shards, weapons, and 50 DI, it will list ones over 50 DI also.

J

[JD]

i think he's asking if the 100 di cap can be exceeded by use of some special item.

J

[JD]

popps if you want more dmg in pvm you need to run elemental weapons or consecrate

use slayers, perfection, eoo, and damage increase... you can really wallop some monsters

it takes planning. look up the creature or creatures you want to slay and see what it takes to kill them.

for example take rikktor, his lowest vulnerability is cold, so you want 100% cold weapons. you'd also want dragon slayer and max di. you would be doing 300% dmg to his lowest resist...

J

jaashua

Yes. The bone crusher, for example, has 75% DI.