• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is UOGuide updated anymore?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi all,

I just came back about a month ago after a lengthy layoff (before the layoff I would just loop the roof and/or champ spawns) and decided to check out the High Seas content which I missed the first go around when it first came out (was on another lengthy layoff lol).

Since I was unfamiliar with some of the workings of High Seas and Tokuno etc I decided to check out UOGuide which has been a great site to use to check out random questions about game content or quests for quite some time. It seems like the site hasn't really been updated for a while based on the home screen since it's talking about the last publish was 98 (Aug 16, 2017). Anyone know if maybe there is a new site that's similar to UOGuide but has info on the more recent publishes?

Thanks!

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi all,

I just came back about a month ago after a lengthy layoff (before the layoff I would just loop the roof and/or champ spawns) and decided to check out the High Seas content which I missed the first go around when it first came out (was on another lengthy layoff lol).

Since I was unfamiliar with some of the workings of High Seas and Tokuno etc I decided to check out UOGuide which has been a great site to use to check out random questions about game content or quests for quite some time. It seems like the site hasn't really been updated for a while based on the home screen since it's talking about the last publish was 98 (Aug 16, 2017). Anyone know if maybe there is a new site that's similar to UOGuide but has info on the more recent publishes?

Thanks!
Welcome back and yes there is, check it out :).

Publish Updates – Ultima Online

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UOGuide still receives sporadic updates from players (Recent changes - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia). The new official wiki has more information on recent content, but lacks a lot of basic content and further is only run by like two people in total (so chances they will ever be as complete as uoguide are slim).

IMO it's s shame that those efforts are not bundled, but seems it's also about bad blood, control and what not. UOGuide provided this service for years and now it's the red headed stepchild :(

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Archnight - Thank you for the link but I wasn't specifically talking about publish notes; moreso the "nitty gritty" details behind a publish like what the stats / strategy behind doing the Rising Tide content (i.e. Plunderbeacon stats / Maritime Trade Cargo / Updated comprehensive Vet reward list / etc). It was an awesome one stop shop especially when it come to new content and completing quests or even old quests that I haven't done in 5+ years and don't need to go through the whole song and dance to figure things out; I just need the end result.

I'd agree with you Petemage that it is a shame that the efforts aren't bundled to be a centralized place for questions and research. Stratics is helpful but sometimes I have the hardest time finding things on here or I'm not sure where to post things (like this original post!).

Thanks all for the input!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IMO it's s shame that those efforts are not bundled, but seems it's also about bad blood, control and what not. UOGuide provided this service for years and now it's the red headed stepchild :(
A few years ago we tried to bundle them (Stratics, UO Guide, and UO)... but basically UO wanted it on its own website made from scratch with no compromise, UO Guide wanted full control of everything on all sites with no compromise, and Stratics refused to just hand over half of our site to UO Guide like they wanted with no compromise.

So... the bundling is probably never going to happen unfortunately.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is certainly unfortunate, especially considering that it seems like whoever WAS moderating UOGuide has stopped (or lost interest in keep the content robust) and UO owned guides leave MUCH to desire (majority of their release notes are extremely lacking in details).
Not to get on a soapbox but I think the people developing the game content (ie UO) should at the very minimum give some info in the release notes or somewhere that we as players can't find out (like the stats of different creatures [Clockwork Exodus] that Animal Lore / Anatomy doesn't provide).
@Captn Norrington - Do you think since UOGuide would give up control now that they haven't really been managing the site for almost a year and half? Single source is always ideal but if Stratics and UOGuide could bundle that would be a big gain for the remaining active UO community :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do you think since UOGuide would give up control now that they haven't really been managing the site for almost a year and half? Single source is always ideal but if Stratics and UOGuide could bundle that would be a big gain for the remaining active UO community :)
UO Guide is owned by one person. He frequently disappears for years at a time and the pages get outdated like that. Most of the newer content while he's gone is written by one different person who does not have any ownership in the site. The owner unfortunately will never agree to give his content to any other site based on what he said back then. When we were talking with him about it, his non-negotiable condition was that he would give Stratics the information....only if we made him the owner of Stratics too. Which isn't going to happen.

I agree it would be ideal to combine them, but that doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen at this point.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
-- UOGuide is a Wiki site.

It shouldn't matter if the owner disappears for years at a time, or if the other person he has updating it doesn't update the site frequently.

Anyone can update UOGuide.

It says so at the very top of the page.

01.jpg

So if anyone is upset about information not being updated or information that is missing about newer content?

Go update it ...