• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

is this true for IDOCs?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@Blackie, what do you mean "Atlantic player"?
You can create toons on all shard. There is no restriction for this. All are allowed , not only those who's house is on ATL.
Or you are unhappy that some veteran players after years in game can gear up many toons ? ,it is normal that newer players cannot afford this.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
- I see off-shard events dominated by Atlantic players who build event toons on all shards.
- I see off-shard rewards ending up on Atlantic within the hour
- I see Atlantic players gathering resources on off-shards to sell back on Atlantic

The state of Vendor search on every shard doesn't lie. As I said, the shard shields make that possible and are inaccesible to newer players who would have to wait fourteen(14!!) YEARS to partake. The imbalance shows. I'm not complaining, just pointing out that whatever the plan was trade is effectively dead on all shards but Atlantic thanks in part to shard shields.

I'd love to see all EM events marked as shard-bound. At least then you could start building a nice museum on every shard with items not obtainable on other shards. Anything to force trade to remain on the original shard would help at this point.
I think making things shard bound might actually harm the smaller shards even more at this point. Currently, all those Atlantic people spend time on every shard to develop characters, do IDOC’s, go to events etc. but if everything became shard bound they’d have no reason to ever come back.

It’d change the shard from “100 players + 200 visitors around” to only 100 players, possibly less, as some people might move to Atlantic if they’re no longer able to transfer stuff there to sell. At least the way it is now there are different people cycling through shards, instead of just having the same few players all day every day with nobody else.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IMO If they are going to make so much stuff shard bound then they need to consider creating "clovers" of shards linking populated with less populated shards in groups of 2, 3 or 4 and then putting an end entirely to transfers off your clover. Just my opinion...

This would give you a big list of characters though... they might have to tell people to limit to 10 or something per clover... but I'd be ok with that as well.

I also think they should make that shard they considered making where they dump or limit those caught cheating to... but that's me.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
IMO If they are going to make so much stuff shard bound then they need to consider creating "clovers" of shards linking populated with less populated shards in groups of 2, 3 or 4 and then putting an end entirely to transfers off your clover. Just my opinion...

This would give you a big list of characters though... they might have to tell people to limit to 10 or something per clover... but I'd be ok with that as well.

I also think they should make that shard they considered making where they dump or limit those caught cheating to... but that's me.
to sell something you need a house. If they will make some public vendor (at cost of bank limit for example) people will be able to try to sell stuff where they farmed it. And life on low populated shards will be much easier.
Or introduce commission rented vendor contracts at least.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Blackie, w
Or you are unhappy that some veteran players after years in game can gear up many toons ? ,it is normal that newer players cannot afford this.
That's not an issue. You can craft or buy pieces to make a suit for a Sampire. Swords dexxer is one of the easiest suits to make from 2 high resist pieces. Magic user is the easiest to loot.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
to sell something you need a house. If they will make some public vendor (at cost of bank limit for example) people will be able to try to sell stuff where they farmed it. And life on low populated shards will be much easier.
Or introduce commission rented vendor contracts at least.
The only time I ever sell anything is if I happen to have it and someone is spamming about wanting it... or if they PM me in Discord and ask about something... otherwise I never bother with selling anything... Never had a vendor really ... and all my homes except my Fel house are public and always have been. I don't much believe in having a private house in Tram. If you want to be part of the community and provide things for the community then you should have a public house. I generally have my teleporter devices out of the public as well as having one of the rez ankhs out ... sometimes even have some runebooks for the public and even have my library open to the public... Don't really advertise any of that though. But then I have hardly played in the last 2 years. Mostly just log in and work on my surveys.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I like this. Free transfers within a cluster could also work. That would effectively "merge" a few shards without determining who gets what housing spot.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I think making things shard bound might actually harm the smaller shards even more at this point. Currently, all those Atlantic people spend time on every shard to develop characters, do IDOC’s, go to events etc. but if everything became shard bound they’d have no reason to ever come back.
Vanity. A museum on Atlantic with everything has become boring. Having a museum on an off-shard that stands out with items only available on that shard would be less boring to the players of that shard, which is good for the shard. IMO.

You might be right, but, taking something FROM a shard rarely makes that shard better. Someone else would get the rare, and not have to compete with the "elite" from other shards. Anyone who only plays an off-shard doesn't tend to look upon an Atlantic hoard museum well. The only way I'd agree with you is if players go to Atlantic to buy rares from their shard to bring back but be honest... what's the ratio of rares you take to Artlantic vs rares you take back to other shards?

Some players have museums on two shards, ask them how much pride they get from that off-shard museum.

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Vanity. A museum on Atlantic with everything has become boring. Having a museum on an off-shard that stands out with items only available on that shard would be less boring to the players of that shard, which is good for the shard. IMO.

You might be right, but, taking something FROM a shard rarely makes that shard better. Someone else would get the rare, and not have to compete with the "elite" from other shards. Anyone who only plays an off-shard doesn't tend to look upon an Atlantic hoard museum well. The only way I'd agree with you is if players go to Atlantic to buy rares from their shard to bring back but be honest... what's the ratio of rares you take to Artlantic vs rares you take back to other shards?

Some players have museums on two shards, ask them how much pride they get from that off-shard museum.
I can see the appeal of having shard specific museums, and I know a few people already doing that. Although on the flip side of that we can look at Siege Perilous where all event items are still on the shard…yet they’re so absurdly expensive because of rarity that about 3 people own almost all of the Siege rares since they’re the richest and others will never be able to catch up to them monetarily.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ATL is like hub or shopping mall.
I usually think of it more like a Walmart; It's got everything you need.

Full of the same 'quality' people too...o.0

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The rich always think things are better when they own them, lol. As for IDOCs, one man's trash...

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
The rich always think things are better when they own them, lol.
There are different stages in everybody gameplay. Starting from gaining 500 gold from quests in New Haven or chopping trees to buy some gear. Hoping that one day you'll be able to afford that 100k peacemaking power scroll and will become a super-bard.
And at the end paying plats collecting some rares to own them.