• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

is this true for IDOCs?

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The following items will be deleted during house collapse,
  • Account Bound Items
  • House Only Items
  • Commodity Deeds
  • Stackable Items
  • Goza Mats
  • Added the following items to be deleted when a house collapses:
  • Bank checks
  • Heavy items – this applies to items that weigh 255+ stones that are immovable by players
  • Linked attendants
  • Vet Rewards
  • Water Barrels, tubs, and water containers that weigh 255+ stones
Is this how they work now? Theres an NPC spamming the location and also no competitiveness to get the loot?
OMG my heart....
Its not my intention to gripe too much, i wonder how many vets quit after this..... oh dear

Ning

Journeyman
I've always loved IDOCs, it was my passion way back, especially just prior to Tram placement when places were dropping like crazy all over Fel. I like the new system for convenience, but the whole punch a barrel thing sure seems to make loot obnoxiously random.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do items on mannequins drop or go poof?

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You missed the years where was no competition for items. Five gargoyles got all items in 5 seconds.

They made IDOCs fair but deleted the good stuff.
I guess i did.
I can see how that would be frustrating, but just outright deleting things that were the Main reason to camp them....to resell what you got or to get an item for free is a Real Bummer...
I'm just an old player, I guess.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always loved IDOCs, it was my passion way back, especially just prior to Tram placement when places were dropping like crazy all over Fel. I like the new system for convenience, but the whole punch a barrel thing sure seems to make loot obnoxiously random.
Remember running around with extra runes and mark scrolls? lol
I sat through a few that were obviously scripted, i sat one for over 20 hours once..lol

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I quit idocs long ago. Rampant scripting and loud mouths giving locations away ruined it for me
the fact that the dev team have NO ability to deal with scripting and just punishes everyone really gets me. This dev team is not fit for purpose and should be embarrassed

they turn a blind eye to scripting and RMT sellers. No accountability and clearly no ownership. It seems that nobody upstairs cares because in any other job (apart from politics) this level of incompetence would be managed

with regards to is is now the few that I have been to just compounds my anger at how far this game has fallen, most of the good stuff gets deleted and I am sure something else is going on. The absolute junk you get now from idocs is a joke Empty containers and items that no one would keep drop in your pack. It’s like low level t map crap that no one would keep. You get a big house with great stuff on display when it falls, then u get a pack full of no mod armour and Jewels with one or two pathetic mods. Stuff no one would keep, yet idocs are now rammed with this crap

so I believe there is a loot generating system in place that does not reflect what is actually in the house

and don’t get me started on placing

this dev team have destroyed a whole play style because they are in bed with, or controlled by, or part of the RMT problem in this game

if I did not have so much time and money tied up in this addiction I would have tone back to a free shard to enjoy idocs again

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Heavy items – this applies to items that weigh 255+ stones that are immovable by players
This one doesn't appear to work right (as in: not at all) to sometimes hilarious results...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess i did.
I can see how that would be frustrating, but just outright deleting things that were the Main reason to camp them....to resell what you got or to get an item for free is a Real Bummer...
I'm just an old player, I guess.
Yes them making IDOCs fair and deleting items at the same time was a disappointment to many of us.

We never got to try the new system with vet rewards and such.

dancingrocks

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
I quit idocs long ago. Rampant scripting and loud mouths giving locations away ruined it for me
the fact that the dev team have NO ability to deal with scripting and just punishes everyone really gets me. This dev team is not fit for purpose and should be embarrassed

they turn a blind eye to scripting and RMT sellers. No accountability and clearly no ownership. It seems that nobody upstairs cares because in any other job (apart from politics) this level of incompetence would be managed

with regards to is is now the few that I have been to just compounds my anger at how far this game has fallen, most of the good stuff gets deleted and I am sure something else is going on. The absolute junk you get now from idocs is a joke Empty containers and items that no one would keep drop in your pack. It’s like low level t map crap that no one would keep. You get a big house with great stuff on display when it falls, then u get a pack full of no mod armour and Jewels with one or two pathetic mods. Stuff no one would keep, yet idocs are now rammed with this crap

so I believe there is a loot generating system in place that does not reflect what is actually in the house

and don’t get me started on placing

this dev team have destroyed a whole play style because they are in bed with, or controlled by, or part of the RMT problem in this game

if I did not have so much time and money tied up in this addiction I would have tone back to a free shard to enjoy idocs again
Spending more time and money on your addiction seems like a great solution.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IDOCs are great now. You never know what you will get. If there are barrels and you hit them you get items. There was/is a nasty bug with some vet rewards, Im glad they are gone. I think it was a great call to not to have deeded or stacked items, makes the price of 60k logs worth more than 500k. You still get tons of items from idocs last 5 days this is some of the higher items i have got. 2 items bless deeds, a dragon rug (store item), em rare red crystal, midnight bracers, crimson cincture, conj garb, obi thing, blazed hair dye, jaw bone, arachnid cameo, tons of pink and white scrolls, runics. You still get tons of stuff and the best thing is you will get stuff if there is stuff to get. Oh and you dont have to stand around and wait for it to fall cause the house sign has the time it will fall on it now.
enjoy

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The following item will be deleted during house collapse
  • Vet Rewards
This one is the only real issue in my opinion and it's caused their price to skyrocket, I applaud the rest as for the most part they were worthless junk that kept being hoarded with little value.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did one or two IDOCs back in the day but then started feeling like a ghoul when I thought the fallen house may have belonged to someone that died in real life. With the pandemic still killing thousands everyday, the odds are even better it was real life death it would make me feel even worse.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Idocs now make me think of shows like Storage Wars..which I despise...I would much rather have a house full of stuff I acquired on my own, than a house full of stuff I picked up off the ground, or that magically appeared in my pack after I beat on a barrel..

Ning

Journeyman
There were a lot of warts in the old days, namely devoting your life to sitting in one spot, but if you developed a good system you could clean up. I spent hours a day roaming around clicking house signs and marking runes. I've sat my share that were 12-20 hour marathons but in it's own way it sure was fun.

Those rare times when you were lucky to be the only one sitting on a juicy score, or just stumbled across one that had recently dropped in the middle of nowhere were awesome. Fel IDOCs that would degenerate into a war and you'd race to grab whatever you could and GTFO. Being the lucky one to place on a contested spot (this I was really good at). Going back to check on one that dropped close to server down to find loot you missed out on magically still there. God, I could go on for pages and pages. IDOCs were some of the best times I've ever had in this game.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IDOCs are great now. You never know what you will get. If there are barrels and you hit them you get items. There was/is a nasty bug with some vet rewards, Im glad they are gone. I think it was a great call to not to have deeded or stacked items, makes the price of 60k logs worth more than 500k. You still get tons of items from idocs last 5 days this is some of the higher items i have got. 2 items bless deeds, a dragon rug (store item), em rare red crystal, midnight bracers, crimson cincture, conj garb, obi thing, blazed hair dye, jaw bone, arachnid cameo, tons of pink and white scrolls, runics. You still get tons of stuff and the best thing is you will get stuff if there is stuff to get. Oh and you dont have to stand around and wait for it to fall cause the house sign has the time it will fall on it now.
enjoy
it all worked out rather nicely for you didn't it Spring right after you got your Atl castle so sod everyone else. Bravo

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it all worked out rather nicely for you didn't it Spring right after you got your Atl castle so sod everyone else. Bravo
I got my castle for uo gold on 9/29/20, this is after the idoc changes. I think the idoc changes work nicely for almost everyone. I still mark the runes on atl and share with all.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did one or two IDOCs back in the day but then started feeling like a ghoul when I thought the fallen house may have belonged to someone that died in real life. With the pandemic still killing thousands everyday, the odds are even better it was real life death it would make me feel even worse.
dont do that to yourself :hug:

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
enjoy
i respectfully disagree.
I play as a merchant, craftsman and as such those things they are deleting made My game time more enjoyable to collect or sell an to use for crafting.
I can not find bulk regs or supplies really anywhere anymore and now dye tub prices are through the roof, i'm just not willing to pay 5 mil for a 1st year vet reward...
I can see this might have made things better for some and less of a headache, but really that competition was exciting for me and many others.
This was an uneven "fix", and it looks like that is the way things get handled now...

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
very good idoc keep on gl tonight. all excited to do. many barrels present. there were so many groups of 5 or so multi chars/barrel scripters that u would be lucky to get one or two barrel lol. anyone make a video of the gl idoc keep? since nothing has been done, i actually have change my view on idocs. delete everything

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Id bet a ton of the IDOC scripters are on stolen CC codes, just rinse and repeat.
Offload IDOC goods to whales and cash in the gold lol.

Ning

Journeyman
The bulk goods makes sense in the new system because of the weight of them. That and their motivation might have been to try and breathe life back into resourcing as a play style perhaps. Who needs to gather when you've got 50k of everything already. I guess I can see the veteran rewards simply because 20 years of them and so many picks per player I could see things getting pretty saturated. You'd end up with everyone having everything they could afford to buy or score in IDOCs and nothing to spend their picks on which would probably lead to a whole lot of surly vets pissing and moaning about it. I'm not defending their decision, just speculating on the logic behind it.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the current system is good... it delete gold from vendors, resources and bulk items / items deeds, vet rewards and illegal items.
Items from store is still left, rares, server birth's, artifacts etc... so it's plenty to get from idoc's.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'm sure there is a totally reasonable explanation for this choice.

Perhaps items such as veteran rewards and bulk consumables weren't selling so well.
lot of people kept asking at meet and greets, for there to be a turn in box for vet rewards.
turn in so many and you can pick a different vet reward.
said there are lot of useless vet rewards that nobody wants.
(i have heard them ask this alot)

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lot of people kept asking at meet and greets, for there to be a turn in box for vet rewards.
Its perplexing that a development team is not listening, or maybe listening to its players but not acknowledging or explaining why they dont do what is suggested...

dancingrocks

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Its perplexing that a development team is not listening, or maybe listening to its players but not acknowledging or explaining why they dont do what is suggested...
To me, it appears that they carefully choose which suggestions to implement, and how quickly.

An example of this would be the recent decision and quick implementation of pushing RMT spammers in to help chat, where new players begin.
Existing players already know the sites and sellers.

I would assume the same RMT spammers really appreciate items such as veteran rewards and bulk consumables being deleted during IDOCs.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Also with the loss of Vet rewards at the IDOC, prices for them has gone thru the roof.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I hope they never implement that cuz it's a bad idea and would defeat there purpose, bringing back vet rewards to idocs would be a better solution in my honest opinion.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To me, it appears that they carefully choose which suggestions to implement, and how quickly.

An example of this would be the recent decision and quick implementation of pushing RMT spammers in to help chat, where new players begin.
Existing players already know the sites and sellers.

I would assume the same RMT spammers really appreciate items such as veteran rewards and bulk consumables being deleted during IDOCs.

what are RMT spammers?

Nothing is perfect, but dang i took a long break (not necessarily on purpose) and so much has changed, shards are so empty now....

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also with the loss of Vet rewards at the IDOC, prices for them has gone thru the roof.
Right, and it really is a bummer because while it was totally my fault my houses dropped and i lost things i had kept for 10+ years, coming back and starting over in an environment where i cant even buy back what i lost sucks.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vendors also get deleted. So any items on them will be gone. Been to a few where they had nice items on the vendors and then no barrels show up

Ning

Journeyman
I've started over a few times now Painted and I get ya. I don't play on Pac but could probably login over there and help you out with a few things. I think I've got 3 picks left and can do up to 7 year.

A month or so ago I was desperately trying to find a Davies Locker and a kind vet gave me one. She refused payment of any kind other than telling me to pay it forward some day so I would be happy to help.

Painted Elves

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've started over a few times now Painted and I get ya. I don't play on Pac but could probably login over there and help you out with a few things. I think I've got 3 picks left and can do up to 7 year.

A month or so ago I was desperately trying to find a Davies Locker and a kind vet gave me one. She refused payment of any kind other than telling me to pay it forward some day so I would be happy to help.
Where do you play at? I might have some older goodies where you are. And I don't expect anything, I managed to keep about 20 mil so its not terrible lol

Ning

Journeyman
I'm on Sonoma but I probably have some old xshard holiday trading toons over there. Had em on most back when. I would be happy to help you get tubs or whatever you're after if I can. I'm still sitting on picks from like 2006 when I was last active and my needs are pretty simple. Who knows, I may have some old holiday gifts on some. They'd at least be decent for CUB points if I do. Anything I can do to help would be my pleasure. Old vets need to look out for one another ya know.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Shard shield vet rewards need to become more accessible for everyone. Someone starting today should not have to wait 14 years to get one.
Being able to do things on ANY shard and bring the loot to Atlantic is unfair.

That being said

Shard shields have also been the doom of most shards, anything of value tends to leave to Atlantic. Deleting stacked items and vet rewards at IDOC has the side effect of keeping many from coming to Atlantic.

Shields are not really an IDOC problem, more a side effect, but if any changes happen to IDOCS the impact of shard shields needs to be included in that discussion. Perhaps its time shard shields get re-worked, the EM items from all shards end up on Atlantic within an hour of any event to the benefit of a few.

Imagine having to actually play the shard your cool stuff is on... *gasp*. Imagine a raresfest on all shards.... etc. Players who start out on a small shard might actually stick around.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Shard shield vet rewards need to become more accessible for everyone. Someone starting today should not have to wait 14 years to get one.
Being able to do things on ANY shard and bring the loot to Atlantic is unfair.

That being said

Shard shields have also been the doom of most shards, anything of value tends to leave to Atlantic. Deleting stacked items and vet rewards at IDOC has the side effect of keeping many from coming to Atlantic.

Shields are not really an IDOC problem, more a side effect, but if any changes happen to IDOCS the impact of shard shields needs to be included in that discussion. Perhaps its time shard shields get re-worked, the EM items from all shards end up on Atlantic within an hour of any event to the benefit of a few.

Imagine having to actually play the shard your cool stuff is on... *gasp*. Imagine a raresfest on all shards.... etc. Players who start out on a small shard might actually stick around.
ATL is like hub or shopping mall. Stuff that goes to ATL goes out of it too. People from all shards go there not only to sell , they spending gold too. No reason in the game to have gold. It is useless things.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ATL is like hub or shopping mall. Stuff that goes to ATL goes out of it too. People from all shards go there not only to sell , they spending gold too. No reason in the game to have gold. It is useless things.
They spend gold not on my shard it's like working in Germany and going to France to spend money is that good for Germany?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
They spend gold not on my shard it's like working in Germany and going to France to spend money is that good for Germany?
They spend gold for stuff people brought from different shard. including yours. So goods from your shard are sold too. Otherwise they will have no gold to spend. For stuff that your shard people know will collect dust on vendors for really long time. They exchange excessive items for items they need. And now some commie comes and tells them what they can buy and where ?
They can even sell on ATL and come back with gold to buy stuff from you. If you have something good. Do you ?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They spend gold for stuff people brought from different shard. including yours. So goods from your shard are sold too. Otherwise they will have no gold to spend. For stuff that your shard people know will collect dust on vendors for really long time. They exchange excessive items for items they need. And now some commie comes and tells them what they can buy and where ?
They can even sell on ATL and come back with gold to buy stuff from you. If you have something good. Do you ?
I think like crafting we have very different views on economy and that's ok..

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
- I see off-shard events dominated by Atlantic players who build event toons on all shards.
- I see off-shard rewards ending up on Atlantic within the hour
- I see Atlantic players gathering resources on off-shards to sell back on Atlantic

The state of Vendor search on every shard doesn't lie. As I said, the shard shields make that possible and are inaccesible to newer players who would have to wait fourteen(14!!) YEARS to partake. The imbalance shows. I'm not complaining, just pointing out that whatever the plan was trade is effectively dead on all shards but Atlantic thanks in part to shard shields.

I'd love to see all EM events marked as shard-bound. At least then you could start building a nice museum on every shard with items not obtainable on other shards. Anything to force trade to remain on the original shard would help at this point.