• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this template even viable? (please read)

Imperium

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Was thinking of ways to fight UEV's and other higher end mobs in shame, and i had an idea:

120 Discordance
120 Peacemaking
120 Musicianship
120 Spellweaving
90 (120 with Jewels) Swordsmanship
90 (120 with Jewels) Chivalry
60 Meditation

So basically this guy would have a top end suit, max mana, max regen, maybe some luck, 45 dci, all 70's, 4/6 casting with a air elemental slayer wep, pixies, great heals and WoD. Heals would be close wounds, Gift of Renewal, and 18 HPR

Mastery would be Disco? And my main target would be UEV's. Would it be viable to "tank" a UEV using a slayer and both disco masteries? Just an idea I had. Any flaws in my plan before i drop a buncha money into the character?

Basically I am invisioning just like.... disco->Dispair->Tribulation and then heal myself as I just stand there and take reduced blows. I havent done much math on it, but if every 2 seconds i can deal 120 damage? Plus damage every time it hits me? Plus swords damage? Plus Pixie Damage? Plus 40-50 damage from fire horns? Wouldnt that be up to par or near it with a top end melee character?

Maybe I missed something in the mastery description. Let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Without at least tactics your swords damage is really going to suck.

If you are going with 120 spellweaving, I'd consider dropping the swords and just using Dryad Allure to get like an Artic Ogre. Then just use it to tank, heal him and deal damage.

Imperium

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Without at least tactics your swords damage is really going to suck.

If you are going with 120 spellweaving, I'd consider dropping the swords and just using Dryad Allure to get like an Artic Ogre. Then just use it to tank, heal him and deal damage.
Well ya, i mean swords would suck, but im pretty much just using swords to not get hit as often, 99.9 percent of the damage would be from the other sources...

Dispair
Tribulation
Pets->Probably Pixies
Fire Horn
WoD

swords is probably the very least of the damage, i just dont want to get hit every swing, and with discord and the masterys if i have high dci it sounds doable to me

Any bards have anything to say that would help or alert me of any problems from a mastery perspective?

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
use magery and a mage weapon instead of swordsmanship
and probably 120 med without chivalry

Imperium

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
use magery and a mage weapon instead of swordsmanship
and probably 120 med without chivalry
YA, that was my origional build, but i thought 4/6 casting for chiv/sw would be really good, plus heals are kinda crap with magery without sdi or eval.

I AM concerned about the 60 med though :(

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I think you can use EV (and other summons) and EQ, Mind Blast without Eval. In addition to teleport, invis, etc.

Without tactics you do 3x less damage and can't use special moves... may be 3-5 damage to a strong monster. I think it completely useless... .

Imperium

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think you can use EV (and other summons) and EQ, Mind Blast without Eval. In addition to teleport, invis, etc.

Without tactics you do 3x less damage and can't use special moves... may be 3-5 damage to a strong monster. I think it completely useless... .
I see what you mean, but what im saying is that id have no way to heal without chiv... greater heal would heal me for about 20 with no eval. The mage weapon would also take away 4 fc, which is pretty important in casting WoD.

I can mastery 120 damage every 2 seconds, fire horn 55 damage every 3 seconds, trigger mastery proc on every hit for 50 damage all the while having 4 pixies blasting away? Lets please focus on the mastery part.

I dunno, the main reason I posted on here was to get information about masteries and if theres a flaw with the fundamental part of the template. Swords really isnt my concern atm. Its not meant to be damage, its meant for to not get hit and not get hit only.

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
YA, that was my origional build, but i thought 4/6 casting for chiv/sw would be really good, plus heals are kinda crap with magery without sdi or eval.

I AM concerned about the 60 med though :(
Spell damage increase or evaluate intelligence has no effect on greater heal, which relies only on magery
SDI and EI only add damage to spells that do damage
http://www.uoguide.com/Greater_Heal
"Target is healed by 40% (caster's Magery) + (1-10) (41-50 pts at 100 magery"
This sounds about right from what I've experienced

Imperium

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Spell damage increase or evaluate intelligence has no effect on greater heal, which relies only on magery
SDI and EI only add damage to spells that do damage
http://www.uoguide.com/Greater_Heal
"Target is healed by 40% (caster's Magery) + (1-10) (41-50 pts at 100 magery"
This sounds about right from what I've experienced
Lets drop magery versus swordsmanship discussion alltogether, id like to hear from a BARD about this BARD template. Only reason i even posted on here was to see flaws in the mastery "aka fundamental" part of the template.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lets drop magery versus swordsmanship discussion alltogether, id like to hear from a BARD about this BARD template. Only reason i even posted on here was to see flaws in the mastery "aka fundamental" part of the template.

Thanks.
My point is I do play a bard, and I play it with magery to heal, and you were talking about magery not healing, which is not right

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As far as the template, I personally can't imagine why you'd put swords on a bard. The idea of a bard is to to stay out of the way and not get hit in the first place. If you want to go after UEVs with swords, use a dexxer template. My sampire kills UEVs in less than 4 minutes. and any decent dexxer could do the same even without bushido and healing instead of necro. That seems a more logical way to use swords against UEVs. A bard is not the best template to go after UEVs, in my opinon, because there is no nearby spawn to provoke onto the UEVs. A bard without provo is not much of a bard. If you have fun with the template, fine, it just does not seem the most efficient way to tackle UEVs to me.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Despair: 42 damage, 126 with Slayer, 50 against 60% poison resist, probably 85 against discorded UEV.
Tribulation: 72% chance to add 40% damage, about 29% at average.
Probably you will do 100-110 damage every 2 seconds.
Fire Horn does 50-62 damage, 56 at average, about 30 discorded UEV. Probably about 40 with Tribulation bonus.

Even if all be exactly as you think you will do 60-70 damage per second. (assuming you will regenerate enough and be able to press all keys right in time)

A char with 120 sword, 100 tactics and 500 free (untrained) skill points can do 100-110 damage per second to UEV.

Imperium

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
okies.....

Lets just say I went magery and med. No more swords discussion please. Id like to hear about the mechanics of what I am trying to do, which is tank a uev with about 6 forms of high, valid ---> damage all at once using tribulation, dispair, horns, and pets.

Perhaps itll be more productive to ask specific questions >.> getting nowhere here.

Ill start off with these:

What is the chance on me being hit for a mastery to be cancelled?
What does the mana consumption look like for both masteries at once?
Anything I should look out for when fighting a UEV? They have some ability that if i recall affects mana

Thanks.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't pets and summons do like half damage to UEV's ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with 4x 120 Bard, despair damage base would be 60 vs Players, 90 vs Mobs, 180 with slayer.
Tribulation with slayer would be I think 85% chance to do bonus 50% damage.

Vs: 60 Resist thats 108 damage (164 when tribulation ticks)

Tribulation@ 4x also adds a 16-32 (need to verify which) HCI

Despair also drops the strength by 20-32.

If you are in wraith form you should be able to keep the bard abilities up (despair/Trib) but the mana consumption would be 4.5 and 3.5 so 8 mana per second to upkeep.

Last edited:

Imperium

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
with 4x 120 Bard, despair damage base would be 60 vs Players, 90 vs Mobs, 180 with slayer.
Tribulation with slayer would be I think 85% chance to do bonus 50% damage.

Vs: 60 Resist thats 108 damage (164 when tribulation ticks)

Tribulation@ 4x also adds a 16-32 (need to verify which) HCI

Despair also drops the strength by 20-32.

If you are in wraith form you should be able to keep the bard abilities up (despair/Trib) but the mana consumption would be 4.5 and 3.5 so 8 mana per second to upkeep.

Yeah, thats awesome, hmmm

Logrus, any chance you know the chance of melee damage breaking the spells? As a percentage?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cant remember of the top of my head. PvP is 19 damage for the break. PvM it varies but I think nothing under 15 will break it.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Despair: 42 damage, 126 with Slayer, 50 against 60% poison resist, probably 85 against discorded UEV.
Tribulation: 72% chance to add 40% damage, about 29% at average.
Probably you will do 100-110 damage every 2 seconds.
Fire Horn does 50-62 damage, 56 at average, about 30 discorded UEV. Probably about 40 with Tribulation bonus.

Even if all be exactly as you think you will do 60-70 damage per second. (assuming you will regenerate enough and be able to press all keys right in time)

A char with 120 sword, 100 tactics and 500 free (untrained) skill points can do 100-110 damage per second to UEV.
Corwin, I always such a kick out of your posts. I post "I can say this from my experience," and you post exact mathematical formulas. Awesome :)

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also I think, (though I won't be able to confirm till testing but Tribulation @4x bard should bump your damage on proc from 50% to 75%) Which would make that 60+30 / 90+45 / 180 +90 (Pre Resist Damage) : 90/135/270 Which would be about on par with a crossbow or an axe with LJ @ max damage using slayers/ or perfection or enemy of one.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have just tested with my 4x bard:
Despair (poison) does 79 damage
Tribulation does 58 damage
Fire Horn does 33-40 damage (5-6 sec delay between using)
Broadsword does 7-8 damage
Damage taken doesn't cancel masteries
With 40 LMC, 30 MR and 120 Med I slowly ran out of mana.

Imperium

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have just tested with my 4x bard:
Despair (poison) does 79 damage
Tribulation does 58 damage
Fire Horn does 33-40 damage (5-6 sec delay between using)
Broadsword does 7-8 damage
Damage taken doesn't cancel masteries
With 40 LMC, 30 MR and 120 Med I slowly ran out of mana.
Me too, these are the numbers im getting, although ive already built the suit (spent all day on it) and training a few skills to wrap it up. I have a new skill temp im working with, its actually alot better, thanks to you all for your advice and ill follow up on here later once i do more testing. Logrus mentioned wraith form and i actually gain mana with no med atall and both masteries up. So i have to d-check and ill be back.

Last edited:

Imperium

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so one little flaw in my plan, apparently UEV's.. have no mana?

lol

I think imma take a loss on this idea :(

In other news, i insta-kill mud eles, so thats.. something. >.>

Thanks for the help

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Here is a template I'm going to try later:
120 Magery
80 Eval
120 Med
60 Necro
100 SS
120 Disco
120 Music

Disco, Corpse Skin, Evil Omen + Curse
Just interesting what total effect this combo would do :).
Add Tribulation when playing in a pair with a dexxer that uses DS.

Imperium

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ya, i moved to:

120 Music
120 Peacemaking
120 Discord
120 Magery
100 Spellweaving
100 Spirit Speak
40 Meditation
JOAT Necromancy, i carry a midnight bracer and then a bracelet with 15 necro to pull the form off and on.

It kills super fast and with my gear setup i just sit there and take blows unscathed, however... the mob has to have a mana pool for it to work :( UEV's, which is the reason i built this because of lack of AOE (this is very much a single target focus build) dont have a mana pool atall.

So i dunno, i like your idea! Kinda worried about what only having 240 skill points in musics damage would be like, but ill also try that temp and get back with you with what i find as well.

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
240 music would be 36 base damage from despair so 54 vs Mobs 72 w slayer.

Tribulation I think would be a 50% or 64% chance to trigger additional 32% damage

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Here is a template I'm going to try later:
120 Magery
80 Eval
120 Med
60 Necro
100 SS
120 Disco
120 Music

Disco, Corpse Skin, Evil Omen + Curse
Just interesting what total effect this combo would do :).
Add Tribulation when playing in a pair with a dexxer that uses DS.
I have tried this template. Curse doesn't decrease resists in PvM so Eval looks pretty useless in this template. What is the best skill to replace it with?

Some variants are:
1. 80 focus
2. 80 sw
3. 80 hiding
4. 100 necro (wither) and 120 ss and 20 sw/focus