• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this normal now?

E

Eedwick

I just came back to UO after about 3 years. Today I was fighting some ettins when I received a message in the lower left corner saying something to the effect that I had received a reward for defeating a honorable enemy, or something like that. Anyways, what i received was an artifact in my backpack. I thought you could only get these from champ spawns. Has something changed?

R

RichDC

There are 4 kind of artifact drops now,

1) From any anti virtue dungeon (shame, deciet despise, Hythloth etc) these are generally lower quality artifacts, however a few nice pieces may drop.

2) Paragon "Artifact"/ML Artifacts, These come from fighting either peerless monsters or ML monsters(swoop). Generally useless but have got the totem of the void talisman.

3)Doom Gauntlet, These are the generally high powered artifacts worth the big money (Armour of Fortune, Ornament of the magician etc)

4) Replica Champ Spawn Drops, These are a new addition, about 2months old, they are semi-specific depending on champ and are replicas of old EM items.

Hope that helps.

E

Eedwick

Yes this helps alot. The one that dropped was Lord Blackthorn's Exemplar.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recommend the virtue dungeons in Fel as well if you are interested in these drops. Grab a charged back of sending and hit the easy spawns like lizardmen or harpies. Trust me I spent two days in Despise and never saw a red.

Fel has better spawn and drops more resources as well.

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly most of the virtue items are now over loading shards and most can be obtained for less then 100k

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly most of the virtue items are now over loading shards and most can be obtained for less then 100k
Yes.

But I still see them in pretty wide use.

The one he got is one of the ones I see more often in actual use. It's basically a way to fill in resist gaps in suits.

These items basically are made for people to use rather than sell.

-Galen's player