• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this Faction Event ever gonna end??

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep hoping one day I will log on to Stratics and see that this blasted event is going to be done.

I am sooooo tired of raiding or defending against people that have no concept of what factions are really about. Any one else tired of this??

At least DEV's give us a hint of when this will be done.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
God I wish it would.

Wish they could wipe all the points out, too, and start over...but Im afraid that'll **** off one too many people for their liking.

C

Chaoskitty

Agreed...

I'd like to see the event end asap, and I agree with the points wipe completely. People shouldn't get so upset about losing thier points, unless they got them from the invasions and thus can't get them back. But those people shouldn't have points and be able to wear the faction items anyway imo.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Soon as everyone is bored sick of factions again...

A

Aia

That's not going to happen with the ubberest leetest gear available super cheap.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The faction event has nothing to do with the faction arties.

I like the arties, hate this event.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soon as everyone is bored sick of factions again...
It is already happening, on Great Lakes, Minax and SL only have a few.....TB we can field some on different nites, but not many of the original factioneers play much. COM is doing well now with numbers.

Mostly our theives are playing atm, I am having a good time runnng the diversion and the others stealing the sigils out of COM. But they didnt like my cookies and cakes.......I promise I didn't add any special ingredients in them!

S

Saleena

I agree alot of people lost interest in the main idea of raiding and defending, at least on great lakes. I like the arties think they should keep them around, but bring the point system back to what it used to be, and the corruption periods back to normal, Holding for 10 hours or trying to hold for 10 hours was fun! Now no one knows what is going on. I pulled my characters out of factions for time being, pretty much everyone in my guild either transfered or they aren't playing anymore. I just feel like the whole point of doing factions got kind of jacked up, they changed to many things at one time! I hope they change it back.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If nothing else, you can say this event did familiarize and re-familiarize a lot of folks with factions. And, what I find almost the funniest thing of all is seeing posts from folks who used to pitch a fit about the skill loss period now saying that it's important to keep it just the way it is.

:hahaha:

B

Balian of Asgard

If nothing else, you can say this event did familiarize and re-familiarize a lot of folks with factions. And, what I find almost the funniest thing of all is seeing posts from folks who used to pitch a fit about the skill loss period now saying that it's important to keep it just the way it is.

:hahaha:
the stat loss DOES motivate one to try their best to stay alive

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Factions is a test of skill, if I don't die I can continue to PVP! If I die I'm in stat & sad. :(

Also, the artifacts are nice, but factions won't be FACTIONS! ever again.

A

Altec

The arties are alright but the ranking system still broke.

I add a new character to factions and wanted to see how many points I need for rank 10 and the answer is 3. LOL.

This event needed to be stopped before it started and the the ranking system should of been fixed before we recieved the arties.

Devs please give us back our factions we were fine with how most things were and what we complained about you guys never fixed anyways. So you guys fixed something that wasn't broken and left the broken stuff alone.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I apologize for my confusion; I am not personally within any of the factions, although I've been watching them on my shard closely.

Six-months ago, one of my friends decided that she wanted to try out factions. She entered Minax, and the next day was the Commanding Lord. She was the only one playing. Six-months later, I see tons of people participating in factions; half the red guilds have signed up in some manner (whether on their main stone or an alternative faction division). It seems like everyone wants to take part; whether they were experienced veterans of the faction heyday, or complete nooblets. As far as I can tell, they are the result of these massive changes.

So, how is that a bad thing? I would've thought that you'd be welcoming more folks; cannon-fodder or not.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new factioners are welcome if they come to felucca and participate in the fighting, but most don't.

Most use free accounts for points to get rank and use the items in Trammel.

The artifacts are great IMO - they enable players with 0 funds available to build a good suit for PvP. I've built 4 suits for friends to start PvPing again and I can do it with 17k silver and a few horned runic kits.

What is crap is the event and the shortened sigil timers. No one wants to defend for 4 hours to hold the sigs for only 6 hours. You play for 4 hours and then log because your bored with UO. When you come back you can't even enjoy the towns.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lynk is right.

The other issue being, they removed the flippin' balances! You have guilds of 200+ people all joining a single faction to fight against groups of 10-20. Removing that proportioning balance system was absolutely thoughtless.

M

MrYoink

The new factioners are welcome if they come to felucca and participate in the fighting, but most don't.

What is crap is the event and the shortened sigil timers. No one wants to defend for 4 hours to hold the sigs for only 6 hours. You play for 4 hours and then log because your bored with UO. When you come back you can't even enjoy the towns.
Removing that proportioning balance system was absolutely thoughtless.
Quoted for truth..... I agree

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk is right.

The other issue being, they removed the flippin' balances! You have guilds of 200+ people all joining a single faction to fight against groups of 10-20. Removing that proportioning balance system was absolutely thoughtless.
this

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the faction changes got me to try not only "more" pvp (to say I was casual is an understatement), but to try factions as well, so that's been fun. The arties are nice, but with the exception of one char, I try to make my suits without them, so all they do is make solid suits better. I've had fun "trying" to learn to defend, lol, and I'm COM, so Yoink and Nonel I've seen, Arabella I don't remember seeing you but that doesn't mean I haven't, just don't remember for sure. I've learned that there is some great thieves out there and COM has the worst f'n base to defend. I've had a great time. I remember chasing Nonel around about a week ago for over an hour as he probed the defenses, finally got him but I didn't take as much thrill in that as I did in the chase. FWIW, you won't see me talk crap in game either, not my style. So, I suppose there are some downs to the changes, but I would say it DID at least get some peeps involved. JMO.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the faction changes got me to try not only "more" pvp (to say I was casual is an understatement), but to try factions as well, so that's been fun. The arties are nice, but with the exception of one char, I try to make my suits without them, so all they do is make solid suits better. I've had fun "trying" to learn to defend, lol, and I'm COM, so Yoink and Nonel I've seen, Arabella I don't remember seeing you but that doesn't mean I haven't, just don't remember for sure. I've learned that there is some great thieves out there and COM has the worst f'n base to defend. I've had a great time. I remember chasing Nonel around about a week ago for over an hour as he probed the defenses, finally got him but I didn't take as much thrill in that as I did in the chase. FWIW, you won't see me talk crap in game either, not my style. So, I suppose there are some downs to the changes, but I would say it DID at least get some peeps involved. JMO.

Yes, this event has brought more interest into Factions, but IMO those in there now, think it and act like it is Yew gate! Factions should be a different way to PVP, without the trash talk and RKing.

With the new point system anyone, including myself can have 100's of points either by stealing the sigils, making a kill shot in a town your faction owns, or farming another character in an opposing faction. I am not impressed by the amount of points a character has, but by their attitudes in game...come on it takes at least 4 archers with moving shot and stamina block to kill my thief, then you trash talk a thief with no offense skill.

You have seen me around :) usually in Llama or Wolf form, I am Grace Omally and DreamWeaver. Yes, Nonel gives everyone quite a challenge when he is in game!

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I have seen DreamWeaver, so we have "met" lol. I don't know about the old point system vs. the new, as I said I'm fairly new to it. I certainly haven't farmed anyone, but I understand what you mean. As I mentioned, you've never seen my character talk smack to anyone, even those that have done it to me. Oh, and fwiw, although I did start with an archer and still play her, I have a macer and just completed a mage that entered factions a couple days ago. Trying to learn and move up the ladder lol. I have a stealth archer, not in factions, that I'm thinking of turning into a thief after watching the other thiefs in action lol...looks like it could be fun.

This of course leads to another question. What is the most common template for a thief in factions? I'm assuming stealing, ninjitsu, stealth, hiding, form the basis of the template, what else do people use, tracking, detect hidden?

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
God, there are so many different directions you can take a faction thief.

Yes, ninja, stealth, hiding, stealing to start. 80 stealing minimum, but take it higher if you want to steal in stat or from people.

Detect hidden/tracking is great. Remove trap, great. Magery, great. Hell, even archery sometimes works on a thief. Pure thief, great. Experiment. There is so much from for creativity in a thief temp.

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a stealth archer, not in factions, that I'm thinking of turning into a thief after watching the other thiefs in action lol...looks like it could be fun.

This of course leads to another question. What is the most common template for a thief in factions? I'm assuming stealing, ninjitsu, stealth, hiding, form the basis of the template, what else do people use, tracking, detect hidden?
Being a thief is great fun. I love the challenge of getting into a defended base and taking a sig when the defender is standing next to the post ... and of course the mad chase out of base isn't bad either ;)

Great Lakes has some of the best thieves in UO. Of late, I have taken my "baby thief" to 4 other shards looking for action and I have to tell you, no one compares to Nonel, Gracie, Michael, Norman Bates, Yoink and the other TB thieves I may have missed. So if you decide to go "thief" on a char, listen to their advice, they know what they are talking about.

M

MrYoink

AWWW Thanks for the compliment tink. Tho you are far better a thief then I thats for sure.

For me, I am but a simple true thief.

Stealing (obvious)
Hiding (obvious)
Stealth (Obvious)
Snooping (this is what makes you either a true thief or a just a faction thief)
Ninja - I have learned this is a must since I came back to UO a few months ago!
and from what I see and have been told it is a must to take it to 110 to get wolf form consistently, tho I do OK at gm skill (bracelet and rings)

In the process of adding
Parry (again for obvious reasons)

But like Nonel says, pretty much anything will do good for you....Resist might not be a bad option to have. Don't forget the fact that you have the bandanna and shadow dancer leggings that add to your skill. The two combined give you more room to work with and allow you to put much needed skill points else ware. Top off they fact that both the bandanna and the leggings make it easy to make an all 70's suit (and I run high stamina increase and stamina regen as well as hit point regen for the earthquakes..so you can passively heal health while remaining hidden, I'm max in that as well, a bracelet of health helps with that, i just swap it out when not needed)

Good luck and thanks for not trash talking.... I remember you well, I managed to get into CoM base and gank Minoc's sig and then was ganked by about 6 of you guys on my way out. You were the only one to say good try man....the rest of your comrades were spouting how they own yadda yadda yadda....I respect you greatly for that. Thieving to me is like killing is for them. My rush comes from getting past a well guarded stronghold and making it out with the sig. It's quite a rush and is hella fun, but thats what I get out of the game, thats whats fun for me. Again good luck and may your marks be stupid and plenty.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The faction event has nothing to do with the faction arties.

I like the arties, hate this event.
Excuse the ignorance since I don't participate in factions and already had good suits, but this isn't something PERMANENT is it? lol