• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this a good greater? Pic included

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's untrained.

I was really excited about the resists when I got this one, but now I'm kind of skittish about the low skills. I think when trained up it will only have 113 wrestle, and the 107 magery is quite low. Is it good despite these flaws or should I keep at it?

BTW I mainly want to use a greater to fight ancient wyrms while digging up level 6 chests. I have one greater that I tamed and let bond and trained but its phys resist is like 60-something, its not a very good one, so I need an upgrade.

Z

Zodiac19

I would keep it for the fact the resists are good. It does resemble my current GD except mine has much higher wrestle and tactics. It should do you fine while you look for something better. I'm always on the lookout for better pets no matter how good my current pets are. As we know the super uber pets are hard to come by. As for the magery I don't weigh magery very high in the requirements for casting pets as long as they do not completely suck. That being said I would like to see a GD with at least 110 in magery but , as i said it is still worth hanging on to untill you can find something better.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I was thinking about it and I believe this dragon is in the upper limit of what I would expect to find, as I just casually run by fire temple here and there and lore what is out and available and don't really sit there and farm them for hours. So no point in changing my current routine to start farming them, though I might later.

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it. I'm excited about it bonding, as I consider the current GD I have to be pretty mediocre, but extremely useful (I'm new to GD ownership). So it will be nice to have something that kicks booty even more so. ;)

R

RichDC

Not terrible...no where near great!

Lacking in the skill department(i believe if my calculation are correct it will just scrape 2x120), lacking in hp...and tbh it doesnt even pull it back with int...thats just above average.

Keep for farming GD's till you get a better one.

M

mpjlosers

no your calculations are wrong. no legendary skills for this dragon.post tame skills must be 96 to reach 120(legendary) in each skill catagory. nice resists but hes trash,keep trying...

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I'll try to concentrate more on skills then. I really don't farm them though, I suspect this will be the best one I see doing it my lazy way and will be good enough to do AWs from T maps for a while. I'm not going to actively train it beyond a shadow ele session or two.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

R

RichDC

Ok, I'll try to concentrate more on skills then. I really don't farm them though, I suspect this will be the best one I see doing it my lazy way and will be good enough to do AWs from T maps for a while. I'm not going to actively train it beyond a shadow ele session or two.

YW, Btw...another piece of advise (take it as you wish), do yourself a favour and somehow get GM+ Spell weaving!

It will save you so much time and effort when the AW tries to fly away, you can WOD and finish them quick(really helps if you have 2-3AW's spawn)

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

YW, Btw...another piece of advise (take it as you wish), do yourself a favour and somehow get GM+ Spell weaving!

It will save you so much time and effort when the AW tries to fly away, you can WOD and finish them quick(really helps if you have 2-3AW's spawn)
Unfortunately my template is already super cramped, this is my t hunter, who already has music and disco in addition to taming skills. So no room for anything else (heck not even room for what I have, I have to stone carto after I decode maps and put LP back on). :p

N

Nastia Cross

Sarsmi, I ran this through the pet power calculator from UOCraft and untrained it comes up as 4 out of 5 stars. Here's some numbers that might interest you:

Power Ratings (% of max):

Stats: 88% / 38% / 90%

Hit Points: 87%

Resists: 99% / 100% / 89% / 100% / 80%

85% of the maximum Magery skill (107.5 / 126).

I would say its a keeper.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, I think I'm going to keep it even if I get a better one eventually. I'll just shuffle it around to different characters instead of taking it out ice island for a "nice little stroll" then releasing it next to the mountain and recalling out before it realizes. :p

T

Turdnugget

It's a decent started dragon... the resists are awesome for the most part... but skill wise it's not going to train up to 110+, if that... so being a tank it's going to have a hard time... being a caster dragon it's going to have a hard time as it's got pretty low magery.

I've got a GD just like yours... pretty darn good resists, not even 800 HPs, and it's skills are around 110... hitting a champion it has a hard time. I've got two more in training to replace that one on my tamer and another for the other tamer.

Getting a good all around GD takes a lot of luck, and persistence in hunting for one.

The one you have is a good starter though until you can find a better one. Prefferably one with 850+ hps, good str, above average resists and 115+ trainable wrestle/tacs, 110+ resist and 110+ Magery.

If the GD doesn't have at least those categories in the minimum... your greater is going to be very great. More like a glorfied regular dragon with more HPs.

R

RichDC

Yea took an age to get my semi-keeper

900+hp
650+mana

resists all very high (cant check exactly)

And 3x120 melee

low magery, 105...hence the semi-keeper.

T

Turdnugget

Rich, if your GD has those skills + really high resists... it's the perfect tank. A tank GD doesn't need high magery to do it's job. It's there to dish physical damage, and take damage. Not for casting =)

R

RichDC

Dont get me wrong hes nice, just not nice enough...i want 4x120!