• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there going to be a Darkfall Stratics guide?

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious if stratics intends to have a Darkfall guide like 99% of other MMO's on their list?

I do not believe that Darkfall is actually apart of the stratics network, they made this forum because there was a demand..

When was the last time they ever gave anyone any news on www.stratics.com?

Exactly my point, there will be no Darkfall stratics guide, sorry guys.. It sucks because I use stratics for all the games I play, but I guess I need to find another site similar to stratics for Darkfall :sad4:

I mean, look at how popular this forum is alone compared to others on stratics, they would be foolish not to have df.stratics.com, and mods for it..

M

Michael Wolf

Best to use the official DF forums for a guide. Aventurine has decided not to work with any site that "ever listed Darkfall as Vaporware", which in my estimate includes most MMO sites out there. Guess they don't like publicity.

K

Katheryne

Generally speaking, games get their own portal here on Stratics when there is enough traffic-driven demand for it for the game in question.

K

Kiminality

Generally speaking, games get their own portal here on Stratics when there is enough traffic-driven demand for it for the game in question.
That much is true.
However as an added factor, there has to be a certain amount of cooperation between Stratics and the developers.
Because simply recycling the news posted elsewhere would make the portal little more than an aggregater.

Best to use the official DF forums for a guide. Aventurine has decided not to work with any site that "ever listed Darkfall as Vaporware", which in my estimate includes most MMO sites out there. Guess they don't like publicity.
This would be the problem.

M

Michael Wolf

That much is true.
However as an added factor, there has to be a certain amount of cooperation between Stratics and the developers.
Because simply recycling the news posted elsewhere would make the portal little more than an aggregater.

This would be the problem.
Exactly. I was willing to work on a Darkfall portal and contacted their community rep and was told that they were not interested in working with Stratics. Without their input and feeding me relative information, all you would get is regurgitated news from their forums, might as well just go there yourselves.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It wouldn't make sense that the developers would turn down a portal from Stratics as they host our IRC chat.... Not sure why there wouldn't be a portal when we have a chatroom on chat.stratics.com... :confused:

And many of the developers such as Brannoc are mods for stratics..

If I recall correctly, there use to be one... Looong ago, it was actually before stratics took a dump, and the Darkfall portal was left out when everything else came back up..

M

Michael Wolf

It wouldn't make sense that the developers would turn down a portal from Stratics as they host our IRC chat.... Not sure why there wouldn't be a portal when we have a chatroom on chat.stratics.com... :confused:

And many of the developers such as Brannoc are mods for stratics..

If I recall correctly, there use to be one... Looong ago, it was actually before stratics took a dump, and the Darkfall portal was left out when everything else came back up..
The relationship between stratics.com and irc stratics is confusing at best. And yes Brannoc is in fact not only a mod but I believe he is an admin for irc stratics. Don't quote me on that, I'm not really sure how the irc staff works.

But as an Admin for stratics.com I was given permission to contact Darkfall as a liason and they turned us down, Brannoc himself actually. He said, "I can tell you that we probably won't do anything with Stratics websites, sorry." No skin off my nose, saves me work and I can focus more on playing the game. Sorry to you guys that we can't offer more but as I said, use their official forums, I do.

K

Kiminality

Brannoc is now only on the IRC network as a company rep.
Being a part of Stratics staff would have potentially represented a conflict of interest.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not in the beta, but I'm definitely looking forward to trying DFO out. Also a DFO toolbar is already in the works.

little more than an aggregater.
Aggregation is my job. :D

Aventurine has decided not to work with any site that "ever listed Darkfall as Vaporware", which in my estimate includes most MMO sites out there.
Hopefully Aventurine will change policy in time.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is of course always other sites and gaming networks for Darkfall, if Stratics doesn't want to make a portal, just use and support one of those.

K

Kiminality

Problem being, with such comparatively few players in the game, there's not going to be a whole lot of user-contributed content for sites.
And the part with Aventurine not working with Stratics was only directed at Stratics because it was a request from them. They're not planning on working with any sites.
Or, at least, that's how it was, then.

To be honest, everything else aside, they're probably working their arses off, dealing with the post lauch, so I doubt the policy will change any time soon.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These boys at AV are so bad at giving anyone info they cant even tell there customers whats in the patches.

Any info out-there is player driven

Y

yuppy

I keep coming back here hoping they will announce (or just take the liberty and start theri own) stratics portal here.

**** ive been coming here since shortly after the UO Launch (i never went to the forums tho when i was like 12-14 tho)