• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

is there any quick place to get an inside / outside look of all the new castles?

Trying to decide what style to go for but takes to long to place each and try and look at the layout's. Is this stuff online anywhere where i can just browse what each design offers?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If you look at the publishes that actually won, they do show the interiors of the winning castle designs.

Personally I think there are pros and cons to each design.

I went with the Gothic Rose...love the color, love the exterior and the bottom 2 floors but the 3rd floor and roof I don't care for at all.

Start with This thread here

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just to give an example...my castle isn't nearly done...I keep changing things :/ but this is what the first floor looks like empty and then what I did with it.

1603144581459.png

1603144607797.png

Still trying to come up with the perfect configuration for the main front room area....and the color of the tables in the back...can't decide! lol but those links on uo.com will show the empty castles, there are some nice designs in there!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Need to look at Publish 101 and 103 as well, not sure why they weren't included

Publish 101

Publish 103

This attached link show three 'different' internals of The Spires Castle

The base castle is show in the link for Publish 101 but the ones in the this link show it with internal walls added in various configurations.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My first link was for Pub 101.

Your design was one of the better ones...lotta wasted space for the spires imo but several of them were that way...overall I think yours is one of the best as far as open space and many design options using the craftable walls. You put a lot of thought into that aspect which was nice, not using oddly colored walls (Which is one of the main reasons I chose the Gothic Rose. It's taken some creativity to decorate and not just throw crafted walls everywhere) BUT for the most customizable experience, choosing a design made from the natural stone walls is your best option. I have been struggling these past few weeks because I want to try your design but the thought of converting and taking all the house add-ons down....daunting! But your design was always my second choice out of all of them.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I liked
Grimswind Sisters Designed By Sis Draper
10-23-200001.jpg 10-23-200002.jpg 10-23-200003.jpg 10-23-200004.jpg 10-23-200006.jpg

Besides the three secret doors you can use the trees and ladders as I did here

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's how far I got with my first castle in Spires style. I was somewhat satisfied with the ground floor, intended to still build a little mushroom garden with dark walls and hoped to replace the green carpets with grass tiles.
I found my second floor passable, but it still needed a bit of decoration.
I didn't like my third floor at all with the crafting stations but truly couldn't think of a practical lay-out that looked good at the same time. The solution finally came when I was so lucky to build a new castle to the south of my first one.
The roof was much more to my liking.

I converted this Spires castle to a Wendy's ruins and will decorate it as a "living house" for my RP character.
The second castle is now a BoD exchange centre in Spires style. While both new castles are still unfinished, I feel confident I'll produce two decently looking buildings when I have some time for UO again. Updated pictures will follow then.
9501.jpg
9502.jpg
9503.jpg
9504.jpg