• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there an equivalent to the old IND guild?

T

tsath1972

Hi, I'm back to UO after about 7 years off. I am liking what I've been seeing the last couple months and think I'll probably be around for a while. When I was last here, there was a guild "Independents" which was basically just a stone for role-players who didn't belong to the drow, or undead, or PGoH, or shadowclan, or whatever. IND was at 'war' with every other RP guild so they could identify and interact with other persons more easily. Is there any such guild around these days?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To my knowledge, there isn't. The independents that I know of have joined one of the other guilds and simply leave their guild tag off. While UP hasn't offered this service, I wouldn't be opposed to including the option of having guild tag off in order to represent a non-pirate in the RP community. But you'd have to ask Pike for confirmation on that one. After all, he's the Captain. I'll bring it up with the other circle guilds as well and see what comes up.

For a complete list of the currently active role play guilds, check out:
www.chaos-spell.net

See you around!
Regards,
Lord Aneirin Grace, United Pirates

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some guilds will bring in members for the highlights, not all will. You would need to keep strictly to the guilds RoE [Rules of Engagement] or the guild risks loosing their highlights.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no such IND-guild on Catskills anymore.

In our pirate crew, tha guild tags usually have ta be shown. The reason is simple: If a crew member breaks our rules, this crew member can be identified and associated to a guild, which allows us ta "solve" dis problem (i.e. keelhaul dat crew member). To maintain a relationship of trust to other guilds, it is important dat guild tags are shown.

However, there may be circumstances where ye temporarily can turn off the guild tag (I have done it myself recently). These reasons can be:

• Special "ooc" visits in Felucca where ye don't want to be recognized.
  • Certain role-playing reasons (for example, I once used the disguise kit to change my name, turned off the guild tag, and could operate as an incognito agent or spy).

Keep in mind though that if you turn off your guild tag, ye cannot participate in guild wars for reasons mentioned above, and ye may risk being accidentally attacked when being in the wrong place at the wrong time (if you are mistaken for an enemy during a battle).

C

Corvak

It's a good idea, though. Some people probably have characters they'd like to RP, but don't want to 'join' any in-game group. Say, the lone mercenary for hire, etc.

Everyone could RP as they liked - the guild's leadership is only there to enforce the Rules of Engagement to allow for guild wars.