• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Is there a timer on treasure chest loot?

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was lucky enough to get a lvl 7 map from a lvl6 in Ilsh yesterday and headed out to dig it up. This being the first one I have done in Ilsh, I did not know just how tough a renegade changeling could be. After about 45 minutes of fighting the spawn, it was finally time to open the chest but decided first to refresh my beverage. I then unlocked and started grabbing stuff. I got through 6-7 items when the rest of the items just started disappearing. I watched as the item count and weight of the chest ticked down to zero. The chest remained visible. I crumbled it about 10 minutes after the incident.

I was not in a party and not in Fel. I was in EC, but this character does not have an organizer set-up and even if I did accidently hit the loot all, the items did not appear in my pack. There was no sound while the items disappeared. I opened and closed the chest a few times and even tried logging out and back in with no joy. I originally thought that it was exactly an hour after the digging, but a check showed it was at about 58 minutes.

Looking back through my log I found that my first lvl 7 took 62 minutes total. Since that is the time from entering the co-ords from the locker to entering the treasure it is likely that I finished looting right about the hour mark. The next longest was 43 minutes.

Has anyone else run into disappearing treasure? Is this a timer or a possible issue?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Nothing like that. There *is* a timer - if you wait too long or you take too much time with the initial spawn, the chest can disappear. But when it happened to me, it was a sudden disappearance - *poof* - not at all like you describe.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was lucky enough to get a lvl 7 map from a lvl6 in Ilsh yesterday and headed out to dig it up. This being the first one I have done in Ilsh, I did not know just how tough a renegade changeling could be. After about 45 minutes of fighting the spawn, it was finally time to open the chest but decided first to refresh my beverage. I then unlocked and started grabbing stuff. I got through 6-7 items when the rest of the items just started disappearing. I watched as the item count and weight of the chest ticked down to zero. The chest remained visible. I crumbled it about 10 minutes after the incident.

I was not in a party and not in Fel. I was in EC, but this character does not have an organizer set-up and even if I did accidently hit the loot all, the items did not appear in my pack. There was no sound while the items disappeared. I opened and closed the chest a few times and even tried logging out and back in with no joy. I originally thought that it was exactly an hour after the digging, but a check showed it was at about 58 minutes.

Looking back through my log I found that my first lvl 7 took 62 minutes total. Since that is the time from entering the co-ords from the locker to entering the treasure it is likely that I finished looting right about the hour mark. The next longest was 43 minutes.

Has anyone else run into disappearing treasure? Is this a timer or a possible issue?
Yes, this is the way chest become empty now.
I belived what it takes about 40 mins from digging to nulify the chest content, but i never measured that and may bee it takes 60 mins or some random interval in 30-60mins range.

May bee @Kyronix got a minute to post here few words.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you both for the replies.

Thinking back on the morning it was probably 45-50 from the digging. My 'start' time is when I put the co-ords in an Excel sheet and set out to hunt. The map itself was slightly screen east of the lich lord bridge screen south of the Valor moongate, so it took a while to run down to it, clear the area of spawn and then dig the chest.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes - exact same thing happened to me in Ilsh - I timed the spawn kill - around 40 minutes - and stuff disappeared a minute or so after opened the chest - so 45 minutes is the limit now? I'm sure it didn't used to be that way. Why so fast?

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow when did this start ? I have a bag of lvl 7 I open until the champ spawn at Spirituality can help kill the renegades and even then it may take longer that 40 minutes, may need closer to champ spawn than usual now if loot is getting borked.