• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a complete list or Artifacts for Rogues ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been trying to find a comprehensive list of all existing Artifacts which have Rogue skills on them (Stealing, Snooping, Hiding, Stealthing, Lockpicking) but, other then the Silence Cloak, the Shadow Dancers Legs, the Burglar's Bandana, the Embroidered Oak Leaf Cloak [Replica] and the Royal Guard Investigator [Replica] I could find no other.....

Does anyone know is any other Artifacts with Rogue skills on, specifically, exists ?

Also, is there any Talisman slot item that might best complement a Rogue ?

Also, for Ninjutsu to really be of any realistical help, does it have to come with Tactics and Anatomy also ?

Because, in that case, that tales 360 skill points only for Ninjitsu, Anatomy and Tactics not to mention that, at that point, one would also need Healing added as a 4th skill.... I do not see how then the "real" Rogue skills could be fitted into the Template when only a handfull of skill points remained available....

Thanks.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have been trying to find a comprehensive list of all existing Artifacts which have Rogue skills on them (Stealing, Snooping, Hiding, Stealthing, Lockpicking) but, other then the Silence Cloak, the Shadow Dancers Legs, the Burglar's Bandana, the Embroidered Oak Leaf Cloak [Replica] and the Royal Guard Investigator [Replica] I could find no other.....
I know of no such list. For me at least, equipment is not really an issue I worry about enough to need such a list. On production, I use whatever is blessed. On Siege, I just use whatever I find laying around. I recommend, if you are going to play a rogue, worry less about lists, gear, and stuff, and instead focus on having fun with it.

Also, is there any Talisman slot item that might best complement a Rogue ?
Ferret form and reptalon form talismans are always useful. The Ferret form gives bonus to stealing. The reptalon form talisman... That one I'm not going to talk about here but it has it's uses.

Also, for Ninjutsu to really be of any realistical help, does it have to come with Tactics and Anatomy also ?
That really depends on what you are doing with it. I don't use anatomy at all and seldom use tactics. That being said, I would never even consider a rogue without ninjitsu. Shadowjump is pretty much required to steal on production shards and very helpful on Siege. The ability to move at running speed while in stealth which many animal forms provide is also priceless, no tactics required. Cat and Dog form can provide a quick heal in a pinch since I personally have no other way to heal besides potions. Then let's not forget the masteries... White tiger is sweet because of movement speed since the bleed attack and DCI cap increase is awesome. Shadow has it's uses as well when you absolutely do not want to be revealed. Death strike doesn't need tactics or anatomy. Shadow strike requires it. I could go on and on about how helpful ninjitsu is to a rogue, but some things are better left for you to discover.

The issue you are having is that you are trying to make your rogue into some sort of PvP expert. The issue is, once you add snooping and stealing, the thief is totally gimped compared to anyone else that is running a PvP template. Rogues are built for survivability, we are primarily opportunists. If you want to murder people build a toon for murdering people.

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shadowjump is pretty much required to steal on production shards and very helpful on Siege.
Thanks for the good and much helpfull answers !

Could you please explain better why Shadowjump would be so much important for a succesfull steal and this, particularly on Production Shards ?

Also, do you have any Magery at all on your Rogue Template ?

If not, do you entirely rely on smoke bombs in order to hide ?

And how do you manage for recalls, have to carry recall scrolls along all the time ?

Lastly, is there a Race (Human, Elf, Gargoyle) which, to your experience, fits the best to handle a Rogue Template ?

And also, does it matter what "material" the Armor a Rogue is wearing in order not to hurt the stealing success rate ?

What I am trying to understand, is whether wearing Cloth/Leather is pretty much mandatory for a Rogue character in order not to hurt stealing success rate or they can also wear heavier armor as long as it is "Mage" armor ?

Thanks !

Last edited:

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Question: Did they nerf shadowjump?

According to an old post here on stratics (2008?), you can shadow jump on a mounted ethy and stay hidden.

I just tested it, and the moment you shadowjump on an ethy, it reveals you.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Could you please explain better why Shadowjump would be so much important for a succesfull steal and this, particularly on Production Shards ?
On production shards, players have passive detect hidden. It is checked every time you take a step while near another player (particularly elves). Shadowjump does not count as taking a step thusly countering their passive detect. On Siege there is no passive detect hidden which makes approaching someone much easier.

Also, do you have any Magery at all on your Rogue Template ?
I use a lot of different rogue templates. A few have magery... most do not. It really isn't as useful as it would seem. I know a few people who made magery thieves and dropped magery in favor of other skills.

If not, do you entirely rely on smoke bombs in order to hide ?
Smoke bombs are great. That being said, I mainly use the hiding skill to hide. Smoke bombs are mainly for when I can't hide due to being chased, but I still have to wait out the 10 second timer after I steal in order to use one. I can typically get away before the timer runs out.

And how do you manage for recalls, have to carry recall scrolls along all the time ?
Runic atlas' hold 100 charges. More than enough to get around production shards. On Siege there is no recall, you must learn to use thy feet.

Lastly, is there a Race (Human, Elf, Gargoyle) which, to your experience, fits the best to handle a Rogue Template ?
I always use a human. JOAT night sight potions and tracking come in handy along with a few other things.

And also, does it matter what "material" the Armor a Rogue is wearing in order not to hurt the stealing success rate ?

What I am trying to understand, is whether wearing Cloth/Leather is pretty much mandatory for a Rogue character in order not to hurt stealing success rate or they can also wear heavier armor as long as it is "Mage" armor ?
Armor has no bearing on stealing, only stealth.

According to an old post here on stratics (2008?), you can shadow jump on a mounted ethy and stay hidden.

As far as I'm aware shadowjump has always caused a reveal when on an ethy. Shadowjump causes a stealth check, a mounted character always fails a stealth check. If this was not the case back in 2008 or so, I would have considered it an exploit and I for one am glad it has been fixed.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@popps, I didn't realize asking me all these questions made you expert enough to go to the official forums and suggest that the devs change stuff about it. I get enough grief from my guildies about helping people with thief stuff. I guess I see why. Consider my book of knowledge closed. At least the devs already know not to listen to you.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@popps, I didn't realize asking me all these questions made you expert enough to go to the official forums and suggest that the devs change stuff about it. I get enough grief from my guildies about helping people with thief stuff. I guess I see why. Consider my book of knowledge closed. At least the devs already know not to listen to you.
haha when I saw his post I said to myself: oh, he's here now. let's see what ridiculous complaints and change requests we'll see about rogue skills next...

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

At one point you could shadowjump on an ethy as long as you were in stealth. I remember doing this when I was bored and would tool around Yew gate. I can't say for sure when they changed that.... Either way, haven't been able to do it in a long time.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
haha when I saw his post I said to myself: oh, he's here now. let's see what ridiculous complaints and change requests we'll see about rogue skills next...
Yeah, I guess I should have known. I rarely ever visit the official forums but something compelled me to go check last night. Now, I know @popps has a habit of making stupid suggestions, this is a well documented fact. But I thought that surely he wouldn't be making suggestions about something he was just asking me noob questions about. I guess I was wrong and my faith in humanity decreases a little bit more. Oh well, I guess I'll have to take my frustrations out on some unsuspecting citizen of Siege.