• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

is the spellweaving quest bugged

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im on the part where it has me turn in food but the honey wont show up under the completed quest items part its always at 0/10 i bought new honey like twice..and yea it shows up at 0/10 when its toggled.

i paged a gm for help and i got an automated message that said something about sending an email to someone and not to expect any response

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im on the part where it has me turn in food but the honey wont show up under the completed quest items part its always at 0/10 i bought new honey like twice..and yea it shows up at 0/10 when its toggled.

i paged a gm for help and i got an automated message that said something about sending an email to someone and not to expect any response
To my knowledge, the Patience quest is not bugged. A few things to consider:

1) Did you use "Jars of Honey", and are the Jars of Honey stacked, totalling 10 in one stack? If they're in individual jars as opposed to one stack of ten, it might be causing the quest to not register the item...? I had my honey jars in one stack of 10 (should look like two jars stuck together), and it registered fine.

2) Are the jars of honey in your main pack, meaning it's not in a backpack that's within your main backpack. If a quest item is not in your main pack, it will not register and you'll get a system message stating this.

3) I know you've stated this, and this even happens to me. When I think I registered a quest item, it really didn't register, so I'd have to do it again. No biggie.

I did the Patience quest a few weeks ago, and I didn't run into any funky problems other than the fact that I'm a sexy son of a gun, and I like sake.

If you need any help in-game, I'll be more than happy to help out. The last part of the Patience quest, "Unnatural Creations", can be a doozie if you're not prepared. You have to kill 2 Exodus Minions and 5 Exodus Overseers. Getting to the Exodus dungeon can be, um, interesting, and sometimes people will miss the entrance to the dungeon as it's beneath a large structure that's located in Ilshenar.

Good luck, and I hope this helps. If not, well, there's always running naked through a dungeon. I find it a good and cathartic experience. :love:

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To my knowledge, the Patience quest is not bugged. A few things to consider:

1) Did you use "Jars of Honey", and are the Jars of Honey stacked, totally 10 in one stack? If they're in individual jars as opposed to one stack of ten, it might be causing the quest to not register the item...? I had my honey jars in one stack of 10 (should look like two jars stuck together), and it registered fine.

2) Are the jars of honey in your main pack, meaning it's not in a backpack that's within your main backpack. If a quest item is not in your main pack, it will not register and you'll get a system message stating this.

3) I know you've stated this, and this even happens to me. When I think I registered a quest item, it really didn't register, so I'd have to do it again. No biggie.

I did the Patience quest a few weeks ago, and I didn't run into any funky problems other than the fact that I'm a sexy son of a gun, and I like sake.

If you need any help in-game, I'll be more than happy to help out. The last part of the Patience quest, "Unnatural Creations", can be a doozie if you're not prepared. You have to kill 2 Exodus Minions and 5 Exodus Overseers. Getting to the Exodus dungeon can be, um, interesting, and sometimes people will miss the entrance to the dungeon as it's beneath a large structure that's located in Ilshenar.

Good luck, and I hope this helps. If not, well, there's always running naked through a dungeon. I find it a good and cathartic experience. :love:
Hi Xel,I was with him when he was doing the quest, and had him try all of the above. The jars of honey would toggle in a stack or individually, but when he would try to turn them in, he was told he didn't have the items.We messed around with it for about a half an hour.When it comes time for the next part of the quest, Unnatural Creations, I'm sure he's going to need some help. Hope you're around when he's ready!

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh! i understand the problem now i have another quest that also uses jars of honey so it only registered for that quest so all i had to do was resign from that quest and i can turn this one in. yay

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Were you guys and gals able to get to the next part of the chain? Are you still on "Making a Contribution"? I'm going to try right now.

B

BajaKurgan

When it comes time for the next part of the quest, Unnatural Creations, I'm sure he's going to need some help. Hope you're around when he's ready!
I've done the Patience quest twice in the last 2 months and would be happy to help as well.

Oh, and I have ICQ, which makes it easy to get a hold of me, unlike some people in this thread :D

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i could use some help with the summon imp quest sometime later, xel already helped on the actual quest to unlock spellweaving. It was pretty cool cept for the part where the paragon exodus minion was chasing me around.

O

Ozymandies

You aren't by any chance using the jars of honey from the beehive rather than store-bought?

They might be different items on the server, but the same on the client?

Good ole UO.

OZ

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waves*

Frostbolt eventually figured it out. Another quest in his log was overlapping the Patience quest, so he couldn't advance the quest and register the Jars of Honey. He was able to advance in the Patience quest, so it was all good from there. I agree, that Paragon Exodus Minion was fun, frostbolt. Insane but fun :D. The quest for the Summon Fiend Spellweaving scroll is insane, and I have an item that you need for that quest, the Stout Whip which is dropped by Orc Lords. The first part of the quest is killing 50 imps. The second part is turning in the previously mentioned Stout Whip. The third part of the quest involves killing an Arcane Daemon.

The reason why the Fiendish Friends quest is interesting is due to the fact that the quest giver is in Sanctuary, and getting to that area can get, um, interesting. If it's your first time in there, it can get confusing, not to mention the crazy spawn that's in there: Dopplegangers, Ogres, Orcs, Titans, Rat Archers, Rat Mages, Cows, Cats, you name it. If I have Hiding and Stealth on at the time, I'll just Stealth right through; however, if I don't have those skills at the time, I'll gallop through like a man whose pants is on fire. If you can, get familiar with the area, and if you need help, just send me a PM.