• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is the Jehlom dock method still vaild?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly as the subject line asks, Is the Jhelom dock method still working? Back in the old days (Pre-Aos) I trained a thief by dropping weighted bags into the barrels there and then stealing them back again. It was an area with no guard zone so you didn't get whacked when the NPC fishers caught you. When I returned to playing a few months ago, I created a thief, but the only thing I've trained on him so far is fencing, his stealing is only at 50.x. I want to start training him again, but wasn't sure if my previous method would still work.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got home at work, tested this method out, and it no longer works.

[Edit]
Turns out my details were a little fuzzy. If you use a stack of bandages it works. I forgot you can't steal containers.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

Yeah... packies are still the way to go. You don't even need multiple targets anymore. I just get enough targets to fit for 200 lines in UOA and keep running it over and over. No need to switch them out.

J

Jason619

I heard someone setting a crate on the ground and stealing out of it during blackrock, they said it worked.

I

imported_Chad Sexington

You're terrible!

*convinces himself he's having fun*