• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Is the GM pager broken?

• Thread starter DukeHastMich
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
D

DukeHastMich

I had 20 Relic fragments on my vendor in New Magincia for 30k each. Retailed with a very narrow profit margin I might add. They completely vanished and the 600K they should have brought is nowhere to be found either.

I checked my prices, i didnt miss price them. checked the vendors account balance, less than 600k should have been over a mil if they had sold. checked my pack nothing there. checked my bank just in case. nope so i paged a GM twice. nothing. not even the automated message we used to get every five minutes. Is the Pager service broken? I really need to find out what the deal is with this vendor "losing" items.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday or the day before when I Paged a GM it appeared normal but immediately dropped my Page ... before it was even acknowledged that any GM had received the Page. On my 4th Page I said 4th Request and suggested system was broken and finally did get a GM to respond.

I know nothing of the vendor issue, wish you success in seeing it solved, and offer to chip in to help replace your losses, if needed.

Lord Elladan Faeryn of Trinsic
High Councillor of Britainnia

D

DukeHastMich

:) thx Elladan for the offer, but another player was kind enough to help me out with the losses. I am just going to be very very careful about putting large amounts of expensive resources on my vendor from now on.

Also, thx for the info about your experience with the pager dropping your requests because that's what it looked like it was doing to me. Glad to know persistence will at least give you a chance of getting through.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Glad to hear someone helped you out. Not surprisingly, it wasn't a GM.

M

MasterP

In my Opinion GMS dont give a crap a bout you. Now since its EA I think they want the game to die.

D

DukeHastMich

about 3 days later a GM paged me out of the blue. So apparently they did get my message, not sure if it was from the email I sent or from the 2 gm pages though. but they did get back with me. They appologized for not being able to replace the lost items due to limited item tracking abilities but sat patiently listening while I pissed and moaned about every little thing thats been annoying me for the last 2 years -

[including a string of previous negative interaction with the GMs that resulted in me being trapped in old haven for 2-3 weeks because the quest wouldn't let me out and the emergency teleport forced me to page a gm. ^.^]

In summary though, guess it isn't broken exactly, just doesn't update us anymore about our place in queue, (not that "You are number 6 in the queue" for 3 days is much of an update anyway)

Do not give up people they seem to be fixing things (and breaking things so they can fixem again :p)