• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is Spirit Speak worth it??

G

I have been running what appears to be a pretty standard and common sampire temp for quite some time now. Yet I have recently been toying with the idea of replacing either my anatomy or tactics with spirit speak to use the curse weapon skill.

I have 75 tactics currently, so if I replaced that with SS I could get 2 second bursts off the curse wep. I use fencing as my melee skill and tend to use kryss's and forks with 25-30ssi. I know I would be losing a chunk of damage in making this move, but thinking the constant life leech along side the bandages, chugging, and confidence could be huge in staying alive while soloing the big creatures.

I am just wondering if any of you have tried this and what your experiences are with a template such as this? Thanks for your time.

I

imported_Farsight

Spirit speak just might be worth it for you. It does have another advantage, if you have the required 35-45 necromancy for casting vamp form, then with spirit speak, you also have the option of running in wraith form for added mana leech. Having a choice of forms is very useful sometimes.

On the other hand, healing has its benifits as well, such as the ability to heal or ressurect other people. And while soloing the dark fathers may be possible with a solo wraith (I haven't tried with a vampire yet), it is so much faster to work in pairs, especially if both partners work with vampires.

What I suggest is that you try stoning your anatomy (or healing is better, if you still have it) and put on spirit speak. Then try it for a while. Whether it's good for you or not really depends on your play style.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SS takes 1s to cast (- faster casting)..

at GM SS it last for 30s... (750/34= 22s)

So at 75.0 it'd last 22s

I

imported_kinney42

I have a character with....
120 Macing
100 Tactics
60 Necro
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Spirit Speak
100 Chiv

She uses Wraith form and Curse weapon. Believe me, you will not miss anything about healing except healing others. Curse weapon give syou back 50% of the damage you deal as HP with every hit. It's awesome.

G

Thanks to you all that took the time to give me your thoughts, I appreciate it.

I decided to give the SS a try and stoned it off of my necro mage for a trial run. All I can say is wow! I figured with the curse wep I would trade out healing and anatomy for a bump in tactics, chiv, and adding ss. I am now running:

120 Bushido/Swords/Parry
120 Tactics
100 SS
100 Chivalry
35 Necro

I haven't had the time to try anything extremely hard yet, but I will be attempting a doom run as well as a dreadhorn here in the next couple days. I'm not a big pot chugger, but I suppose I will have to learn to handle the poison..

Again thanks for your ideas.

L

Lord Mike

Given that with my hits usually do anywhere from 60-150 on monsters I really don't give a crap about poison, I just curse wep right through it

The only thing that sucks is when you start getting drilled and miss a few times and need to run, then something mana dumps and you are fudged :p

C

Cygnas

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks to you all that took the time to give me your thoughts, I appreciate it.

I decided to give the SS a try and stoned it off of my necro mage for a trial run. All I can say is wow! I figured with the curse wep I would trade out healing and anatomy for a bump in tactics, chiv, and adding ss. I am now running:

120 Bushido/Swords/Parry
120 Tactics
100 SS
100 Chivalry
35 Necro

[/ QUOTE ]

I would drop Chivalry a bit and bring up Necro, unless you have the items to bring Necro up to 99 to be able to cast Vampiric Embrace. I'm taking mine to about 46, since I only have necro lenhancement on ring / bracelet / arms / bloodwood spirit. I always carry a +15 chiv ring / bracelet to rez people, too.

I

imported_Farsight

<blockquote><hr>

I haven't had the time to try anything extremely hard yet, but I will be attempting a doom run as well as a dreadhorn here in the next couple days. I'm not a big pot chugger, but I suppose I will have to learn to handle the poison..

Again thanks for your ideas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll let you know how I handle poison with a similar template (I have more necromancy and less chivalry).

I ignore it. CW healing outheals even the worst of the poisons.