• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it Time of Legends to purchase?

T_Jones

Journeyman
UO is doing a really bad marketing. Hey come on, I just want to pay to play the game. Yet I don't know which version I should purchase. Is it Time of Legends already the most up to date version to pay for?

You should really specify which game version one should pay for on the very first page of your official website, such that someone like me who would like to pay for the game knows what to purchase!!!

It's almost ridiculous.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
UO is doing a really bad marketing. Hey come on, I just want to pay to play the game. Yet I don't know which version I should purchase. Is it Time of Legends already the most up to date version to pay for?

You should really specify which game version one should pay for on the very first page of your official website, such that someone like me who would like to pay for the game knows what to purchase!!!

It's almost ridiculous.
Welcome to UO the ridiculousness has just begun

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Time of Legends is needed if you want to use TOO artifacts and masteries
You can play hard without it. Even being EJ (endless journey)
For some items you need High Seas booster. If you want to use those gear or pets(triton).

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
UO is not like World of Warcraft.
you don't purchase the newest expansion & automatically have all packages.

you have to look at your account management page
to see what your account has purchased.
===========

Time of Legends
is a must have expansion
the masteries make it worth the cost

Taming mastery III gives you extra stable slots
and has some extra buffs for your pets

=============

I am not sure if you know about these:

there are some theme packs available
(Gothic & Rustic)
these theme packs require the code to be put in
account management and in game (on main task bar, STORE = promotion code)
one of these gives a raised garden bed (grow 6 or 9 plants without having to tend them)
& the other gives a chest of sending (you can send items to your bank from home)

===============

if you don't have HIGH SEAS
you should get it

there are some awesome sea battles
against plunderbeacons, merchant & pirate ships
not to mention all of the new fish that a fisherman can get
and you can make money fishing up SOS

T_Jones

Journeyman
UO is not like World of Warcraft.
you don't purchase the newest expansion & automatically have all packages.

you have to look at your account management page
to see what your account has purchased.
===========

Time of Legends
is a must have expansion
the masteries make it worth the cost

Taming mastery III gives you extra stable slots
and has some extra buffs for your pets

=============

I am not sure if you know about these:

there are some theme packs available
(Gothic & Rustic)
these theme packs require the code to be put in
account management and in game (on main task bar, STORE = promotion code)
one of these gives a raised garden bed (grow 6 or 9 plants without having to tend them)
& the other gives a chest of sending (you can send items to your bank from home)

===============

if you don't have HIGH SEAS
you should get it

there are some awesome sea battles
against plunderbeacons, merchant & pirate ships
not to mention all of the new fish that a fisherman can get
and you can make money fishing up SOS
Thanks very much, that's exactly what I need to know. They should include your reply to their front page of official site, I think. What I worried was that if I didn't purchase the correct package later on I may have to pay extra for some new features but with mostly duplicated junks. They should really do a better job instead of asking a customer to research on what is best to purchase.

Last edited:

T_Jones

Journeyman
Time of Legends is needed if you want to use TOO artifacts and masteries
You can play hard without it. Even being EJ (endless journey)
For some items you need High Seas booster. If you want to use those gear or pets(triton).
Yeah, I was using an endless journey account. I found a 12x9 spot in ATL, that's why I need a paid account to place a house. :cool: I purchased the game time, but it says that I need time of legends to use the full feature of house customization. That's why I need to know whether time of legends is included in a newer game version or not.

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

It's almost ridiculous.
Oh, that's the least of their problems. They can't figure out how to add page number indicators to the game forums, and you want them to make a coherent marketing and sales strategy. Lulz.